IGNORED

YASHUA/JESUS IS NOT YHWH/YAHWEH!

Quasar93

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, inchrist said:

No you just exposed yourself as always....

Its obvious you dont know the difference between Sheva and Tsere.

In Hebrew, Yeshua, the word for salvation, which is at issue here, is spelled with a sheva in the first syllable, not a tsere.  

Jeshua, the name of a place, is spelled with a tsere.      But that is not the name Y'shua which is Jesus' Name.

Either Ill take archeological evidence over some wanna be anyday of the week.

You don't have any archeological evidence  that Jesus real name was Chaldean in origin.   You have no archeological evidence that His name is Yahushuah or whatever fake name it is that you are trying to assign to him.  A fake beleiver trying to assign a fake name to Jesus.  How interesting.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

In Hebrew, Yeshua, the word for salvation, which is at issue here, is spelled with a sheva in the first syllable, not a tsere.  

Wrong it  has 2 horizontal dots underneath the first letter. These two horizontal dots represent the Hebrew Vowel point "Tsere" 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You don't have any archeological evidence  that Jesus real name was Chaldean in origin.  

I have archeological evidence on the use of vowels ?

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Wrong it  has 2 horizontal dots underneath the first letter. These two horizontal dots represent the Hebrew Vowel point "Tsere" 

The sheva is under the name of Yeshua for Jesus.  Jeshua has the tsere

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I have archeological evidence on the use of vowels ?

LOL  whatever you say...   :24:

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The sheva is under the name of Yeshua for Jesus.  Jeshua has the tsere

Sorry not the complete picture.....Sheva is used by the scribes that it is why you will sometimes see "Yehoshua" or "Yeshua" written as "Y'hoshua" and "Y'shua".

The purpose of this is to indicate the presence of the sheva vowel point in Hebrew.

But  Yeshua does not contain that vowel  at all. Yeshua uses the Tsere vowel. 

Again you continually expose yourself.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL  whatever you say...   :24:

Not what I say, its what archeology states.....let me guess you're an archeologist as well?

Cuneiform tablets discovered near the Ishtar gate in Babylon gives the biblical account in 2Kings 25:27-29 :

Yaukin, king of the land of Yahud,("Jehoiachin, the king of the land of Judah") The New Unger's Bible Dictionary

Also, a family of Jewish businessmen living in the Mesopotamian city of Kippur in the fifth century BC left behind a collection of clay tablets. The clay tablets, known as the Murashu documents, contain vowels and list the names of about 70 Jewish settlers in Persia.

The Hebrew names which begin with יהו (Yod Heh Waw) are all written "Yahu-" and never "Yeho". 

"In the cuneiform texts Yeho [YHW], Yo [YW] and Yah [YH] are written Yahu, as for example in the names Jehu (Yahu-a), Jehoahaz (Yahu-khazi) and Hezekiah (Khazaqi-yahu)" A. H. Sayce in "Higher Criticism" on p. 87

"The evidence from the Murashu documents thus corresponds to that from other sources: after the Exile the ordinary form of the divine name used as an initial theophorous element was yahu" "Patterns in Jewish Personal Names in the Babylonian Diaspora" JSJ, Vol. 4 Issue 2 Pg. 188

Notice that not only were names beginning with "Yeho" written as "Yahu", but also names beginning with "Yo" such as "Yochanan" (John) and "Yoel" (Joel) were written as "Yahu". This indicates John and Joel were originally pronounced "Yahuchanan" and "Yahuel".

Also found was an inscription of the Assyrian monarch Tiglath-pileser III (Gressmann Bilder 348; ANET 282a). When listing those kings who were paying tribute to this Assyrian King, it mentions "Yauhazi", also known as "Ahaz".

Guest shiloh357
48 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Not what I say, its what archeology states.....let me guess you're an archeologist as well?

If I want to know what archeology says, I will talk to a real archeologist, not some little know-nothing who misrepresents the facts and has zero education in the original language.

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If I want to know what archeology says, I will talk to a real archeologist, not some little know-nothing who misrepresents the facts and has zero education in the original language.

Can you please back up that the following is misrepresented facts....im salivating for your factual response.

Cuneiform tablets discovered near the Ishtar gate in Babylon gives the biblical account in 2Kings 25:27-29 :

Yaukin, king of the land of Yahud,("Jehoiachin, the king of the land of Judah") The New Unger's Bible Dictionary

Also, a family of Jewish businessmen living in the Mesopotamian city of Kippur in the fifth century BC left behind a collection of clay tablets. The clay tablets, known as the Murashu documents, contain vowels and list the names of about 70 Jewish settlers in Persia.

The Hebrew names which begin with יהו (Yod Heh Waw) are all written "Yahu-" and never "Yeho". 

"In the cuneiform texts Yeho [YHW], Yo [YW] and Yah [YH] are written Yahu, as for example in the names Jehu (Yahu-a), Jehoahaz (Yahu-khazi) and Hezekiah (Khazaqi-yahu)" A. H. Sayce in "Higher Criticism" on p. 87

"The evidence from the Murashu documents thus corresponds to that from other sources: after the Exile the ordinary form of the divine name used as an initial theophorous element was yahu" "Patterns in Jewish Personal Names in the Babylonian Diaspora" JSJ, Vol. 4 Issue 2 Pg. 188

Notice that not only were names beginning with "Yeho" written as "Yahu", but also names beginning with "Yo" such as "Yochanan" (John) and "Yoel" (Joel) were written as "Yahu". This indicates John and Joel were originally pronounced "Yahuchanan" and "Yahuel".

Also found was an inscription of the Assyrian monarch Tiglath-pileser III (Gressmann Bilder 348; ANET 282a). When listing those kings who were paying tribute to this Assyrian King, it mentions "Yauhazi", also known as "Ahaz".

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/29/2017 at 8:39 AM, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't unless your part of one of those Gentile "Yahweh" sacred name cults.  No one outside of those cults uses the term "Yahshuah."   It is a modern fraud that has been foisted upon some who are easily deceived and don't check out the facts.

It doesn't matter what anyone prefers.   What matters is what is true and "Yahshua" is a made up name that has never existed in the Hebrew language.

Wrong.   You need to study Hebrew for a few years.

Yeshua is shortened from Yehoshua, not Yahshua.

Yehoshua means "God is my salvation."   "Yeshua" simply means "salvation" and if you extrapolate backwards from the Greek Iesous is Yeshua or "salvation" and that can be verified from the Greek.

No Greek/Hebrew scholar and no one in the mainstream Messianic Jewish movement accepts the fake name of "Yahshuah" as having any legitimacy.   You will not find "Yashuah" used in any ancient Hebrew texts either in the Bible, or in the Mishnah, Midrash or any other ancient Rabbinic writings.   That is because it is not a word in the Hebrew language and it is the same language as it was 3,000 years ago.

But that will not stop the sacred name cults from promoting the lie.

While agree with what you are saying about the name of Jesus/Yeshua I don't agree with you calling people names and saying they are in a "cult" just because they don't agree with you. What do you think would help people more, saying that they are ignorant and should study Hebrew for a few years to be as superior as you or calmly explain to him using all your massive Hebrew knowledge how he is wrong? It seems you want to prove how great you are and not actually lead this person to the truth about the Hebrew name of Jesus.

I'm sure God is very impressed with your humility and grace you have shown this person.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1