• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,443
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

I have a strange question to ask, and I've wondered about this for years- hopefully, someone has some insight..?

In the past I've read and seen things online (movies, documentaries, etc.) about various...'hauntings', etc.- the Smurls come to mind, the Amityville business (if that one is true, have no idea on any of them, really), and a smattering of others over the years- and there seems to be one common thread running through it that I've noticed: the people it happens to, seem to almost always be Catholic. Unless I'm mistaken, but I have to say that's the one thing I look for whenever I hear or read about things like this-

I've tried 'googling' it 20 ways to Tuesday, and nothing comes up about it, I mean literally nothing, nada, zilch- and I'm having trouble trying to figure out just what the connection is, here, and there does somehow seem to be some sort of a connection...does being Catholic (which I'm not) somewhat 'target' people for things like that, on occasion? Although I have NO problem with people who are Catholic, for me there was just too much 'pageantry', rote recitation, involvement with saints,etc. involved, and it always gave me an uncomfortable feeling- this does NOT mean I don't believe Catholics are not 'saved', I think the Lord looks deep into each heart for the truth about what it is that they are all about where He is concerned...and I don't believe being 'Catholic', 'Protestant', 'Lutheran', etc. has a thing in the world to do with any of it..but again, that's just me.

So! Anybody have a clue, here? lol~ 

First my disclaimer is, I'm by no means an expert or all that knowledgeable on that subject matter. I don't know that to be a fact or not but I'll speculate on what I think?

I think I'm safe in saying that if you're washed in the Blood of Jesus, the Holy Spirit resides in you and you're not susceptible to demonic possession. There are certain things an unsaved person can delve into that opens a portal or invitation to demonic possession, that they doing it may not even be aware of. As far as I know, the Catholics are the only open 'religion' that performs and has a procedures for exorcisms, and apparently have done many. Could that be a clue?

It's my opinion based on scripture, that demons can possess people, animals and be localized to specific places or areas. And I'll just let it go at that...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

First my disclaimer is, I'm by no means an expert or all that knowledgeable on that subject matter. I don't know that to be a fact or not but I'll speculate on what I think?

I think I'm safe in saying that if you're washed in the Blood of Jesus, the Holy Spirit resides in you and you're not susceptible to demonic possession. There are certain things an unsaved person can delve into that opens a portal or invitation to demonic possession, that they doing it may not even be aware of. As far as I know, the Catholics are the only open 'religion' that performs and has a procedures for exorcisms, and apparently have done many. Could that be a clue?

It's my opinion based on scripture, that demons can possess people, animals and be localized to specific places or areas. And I'll just let it go at that...

I remember reading a book once years ago about Amityville, and the family was Catholic (can't remember their names, the ones who left the house after a month because of all the things going on)...I also remember they were into Eastern meditation and things like that, as well, and I wondered if that sort of thing 'opened a door', so to speak to the other things that were going on- who knows, I just found it (over various stories I've heard/read about) to be so strange that it seemed to happen with Catholics so much- I have to be honest, and here is my disclaimer, lol: I mean no disrespect to anyone who is Catholic, this is just me, giving an opinion- but I always figured that either Catholicism was so 'spot on' that it was ferociously attacked by 'other worldly' things...or that there were so many doors open that it was pretty well fair game, you know? Also, it seems when there is an exorcism or blessing or whatever, 'mediums' are called in without a second thought, and they will generally go on about the various 'human' spirits haunting a place, along with the usual entities...now, maybe it's just me, but....I have always gone with the bible verse (again, I know the verse, can't recall where it is...) "To be absent from the body, is present with the Lord"...and I also think of....was it ...Saul (?) who went to the medium at Endor to have her bring up...either Nathan or Samuel, I'm probably getting the people all mixed up, lol- but also I'm thinking that human spirits don't 'come back'...and Christians don't (or at least they shouldn't, at any rate..) call in 'mediums', or 'channelers' to find out what is haunting a place. 

I've read various things on Catholicism and there seem to be an awful lot of rituals, etc.- I remember reading on a website about a 'saint' named..Gemma Galgani, I believe- I want to say she was in the early 1900s or thereabout...and I have to say, reading the various things she went through/saw/etc., I was extremely disturbed by it all and it left me with a very....geez, I don't know what else to say but disturbed and heavy feeling. Something is so not right, either that or I'm just not right, lol...and I do have to admit- I've been accused of being 'not right' plenty of times in my life, lol! Kidding....well, mostly- hahaha~ 

Edited by Mystic_Pizza
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/2/2018 at 1:51 PM, Mystic_Pizza said:

That's actually interesting- I've heard about some of the things you mentioned in passing, such as Mary Queen of Heaven, and it seems I heard something a while back about the Catholic Church looking into possibly making her co-redemptrix, co-mediatrix, etc.- I guess the one thing I have a problem with and maybe it's because I'm just not seeing it correctly, but where Jesus speaks about how a 'house divided against itself cannot stand', when the...Pharisees (?) accused Him of doing the devil's work by casting out demons and He said something about Satan not casting out Satan, etc.- something along those lines- so when I see something of this nature with all of the business about priests, etc. going out to an 'infested' house and doing the whole...exorcism-type thing, and the family 'smelling roses' which is supposedly a sign of Mary, etc., etc., I could go on....I just wonder about it all, why 'Catholics', where does the whole 'house divided' come into play- and yet, what you said up there in your post I'm sure is absolutely true- - so I guess this would mean I need to look a lot closer, lol. 

I would suspect that I'm going far too much on 'feelings', and I know when it comes right down to it this is not the right way to 'discern'....but all things of that nature (Catholicism) have always made me feel..uncomfortable, like something isn't right, etc., and it's not the first time things like that have happened that way for me- maybe that is discernment, who can say.

Either way, thank you for your input, Justin- I will definitely check it all out! :D

I have always learned there are no such things as haunted houses. 

If you have demons in your house, they dont care about the house, they are just there to get you. House hauntings are an early sign of future demon possession.

The reason why so many of these "hauntings" seem to involve Catholics is because of their well known practice of exorcism; because Satan is trying to deceive people into thinking the Catholic church is the one true Church.

This is one instance where "Satan casts out Satan". Yes Satan's kingdom normally wouldnt stand but Satan allows Catholic priests to cast out her demons to propagate this lie

PS....almost forgot......MMMMMMMMMM....pizza :D

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I remember reading a book once years ago about Amityville, and the family was Catholic (can't remember their names, the ones who left the house after a month because of all the things going on)...I also remember they were into Eastern meditation and things like that, as well, and I wondered if that sort of thing 'opened a door', so to speak to the other things that were going on- who knows, I just found it (over various stories I've heard/read about) to be so strange that it seemed to happen with Catholics so much- I have to be honest, and here is my disclaimer, lol: I mean no disrespect to anyone who is Catholic, this is just me, giving an opinion- but I always figured that either Catholicism was so 'spot on' that it was ferociously attacked by 'other worldly' things...or that there were so many doors open that it was pretty well fair game, you know? Also, it seems when there is an exorcism or blessing or whatever, 'mediums' are called in without a second thought, and they will generally go on about the various 'human' spirits haunting a place, along with the usual entities...now, maybe it's just me, but....I have always gone with the bible verse (again, I know the verse, can't recall where it is...) "To be absent from the body, is present with the Lord"...and I also think of....was it ...Saul (?) who went to the medium at Endor to have her bring up...either Nathan or Samuel, I'm probably getting the people all mixed up, lol- but also I'm thinking that human spirits don't 'come back'...and Christians don't (or at least they shouldn't, at any rate..) call in 'mediums', or 'channelers' to find out what is haunting a place. 

I've read various things on Catholicism and there seem to be an awful lot of rituals, etc.- I remember reading on a website about a 'saint' named..Gemma Galgani, I believe- I want to say she was in the early 1900s or thereabout...and I have to say, reading the various things she went through/saw/etc., I was extremely disturbed by it all and it left me with a very....geez, I don't know what else to say but disturbed and heavy feeling. Something is so not right, either that or I'm just not right, lol...and I do have to admit- I've been accused of being 'not right' plenty of times in my life, lol! Kidding....well, mostly- hahaha~ 

You could be right about Catholic's being more susceptible to the occult, based on their un-scriptural rites, rituals and practices, but I have no creditable evidence to support such claims.

Yes, for Christians to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. For unbelievers, immediately upon death, they go to Sheol (Hades) and await the Great White Thrown Judgment. I believe the 'Paradise' side of Sheol was removed and taken to Heaven by Jesus during His resurrection, and the torment side is only remains.

It is a strange happening when the Witch of Endor conjured up Samuel at Saul's request. Remember there is a great divide between the place of torment and Paradise in which no one may pass between them. It appears Samuel was very agitated being removed from Paradise? God is the only one whom can raise anyone from the dead or from Hades. Therefor it had to be by special permission and purpose God allowed Saul to talk to Samuel. The witch certainly didn't have the power to raise the dead, and Satan doesn't either.

Just my thoughts.

Oh yea I forgot too... Umm Pizza :laugh:

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

You could be right about Catholic's being more susceptible to the occult, based on their un-scriptural rites, rituals and practices, but I have no creditable evidence to support such claims.

Yes, for Christians to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. For unbelievers, immediately upon death, they go to Sheol (Hades) and await the Great White Thrown Judgment. I believe the 'Paradise' side of Sheol was removed and taken to Heaven by Jesus during His resurrection, and the torment side is only remains.

It is a strange happening when the Witch of Endor conjured up Samuel at Saul's request. Remember there is a great divide between the place of torment and Paradise in which no one may pass between them. It appears Samuel was very agitated being removed from Paradise? God is the only one whom can raise anyone from the dead or from Hades. Therefor it had to be by special permission and purpose God allowed Saul to talk to Samuel. The witch certainly didn't have the power to raise the dead, and Satan doesn't either.

Just my thoughts.

Oh yea I forgot too... Umm Pizza :laugh:

You could be right about Catholic's being more susceptible to the occult, based on their un-scriptural rites, rituals and practices,

THIS is where the FIRST sentence should have ended.     The catholic church has USED all sorts of pagans, soothsayers, etc to help cast OUT demons in exorcisms FOR YEARS.

Satan does not cast out demons.      What happens is when all those show up to the person in question, OH sure it may SEEM as they left

but what does said person believe NOW.    That pagan pratices are good and can work.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE NOW than before .

Yes,   very clever satan is .   I seen catholics in line with new age soothesayers working hand in hand with exorcisms.   

and the people who sit under this and others are like , its all good and well.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE and don't know it .   For GOD hates soothesaying

GOD hates communing with other spirits , Yet for decades the catholic church has done this .  and as I said they being duped.  They think because the said person

seems all better now it must have worked.  NOPE , the said person NOW FULLY BELEIVES in all this mumbo jumbo.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE , not healed

of the demonic activity , but instead BEING USED to propagate its all inclusive gospel .  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE .

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

If they are not a born again Christian the persons do not have the Authority and Protection of the Lord Jesus from demonic spirits. Catholics or who get involved in prayers to dead saints, praying the rosary & enthralled with stories of apparitions of their false Mary are opening doors to demonic deception, oppression or worse. Alternatively Born again Christians will confess their sins directly in prayer to the LORD God in the name of Jesus  & can pray asking for deliverance in the precious name of Christ Jesus and the unclean spirits must obey the Authority of the Lord JESUS.  

You're absolutely correct. I wanted to shy away from any perceived Catholic bashing and keep it short. Those are some of the rites, rituals and practices I had in mind.

16 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I've read various things on Catholicism and there seem to be an awful lot of rituals, etc

YES their IS .     Its the defeo family that was killed , and the lutz family moved in later and they too started hearing voices and fled the house to never return.

This happened when I was a teeny tot.    Around that time the catholic church was using sooth sayers to help them determine whether it was demons or not

communders with the dead,   a well known couple was used ,  Lorraine and her husband , I forget the last name.     The catholic church

has done the work of darkness throughout her whole life .  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

You're absolutely correct. I wanted to shy away from any perceived Catholic bashing and keep it short. Those are some of the rites, rituals and practices I had in mind.

A wee bit worried about me going all out against her .     I done said much about that church.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You could be right about Catholic's being more susceptible to the occult, based on their un-scriptural rites, rituals and practices,

THIS is where the FIRST sentence should have ended.     The catholic church has USED all sorts of pagans, soothsayers, etc to help cast OUT demons in exorcisms FOR YEARS.

Satan does not cast out demons.      What happens is when all those show up to the person in question, OH sure it may SEEM as they left

but what does said person believe NOW.    That pagan pratices are good and can work.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE NOW than before .

Yes,   very clever satan is .   I seen catholics in line with new age soothesayers working hand in hand with exorcisms.   

and the people who sit under this and others are like , its all good and well.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE and don't know it .   For GOD hates soothesaying

GOD hates communing with other spirits , Yet for decades the catholic church has done this .  and as I said they being duped.  They think because the said person

seems all better now it must have worked.  NOPE , the said person NOW FULLY BELEIVES in all this mumbo jumbo.  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE , not healed

of the demonic activity , but instead BEING USED to propagate its all inclusive gospel .  THEY SEVEN TIMES WORSE .

You know, you have a point there! A house divided, and Satan casting out Satan. 

I never said Catholic exorcisms works, because I don't know. But it does stand to reason if they can cast out demons, then if that void is not filled with the Holy Spirit quickly, as scripture says, he will be back with seven of his friends to paraphrase, and he/she will be worse off.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Here is an example of what I mean by seven times worse.

When they use those chanters and sooth sayers and prayers to the dead in their exorcisms

Demons are not being cast out.    Only more come in and sure the person may seem to society as all better

but they aint .   for now they have knowledge of the evil way and thinks its holy and good.    And by tv and word of mouth more and more do too.

Satan don't cast out satan  .  JESUS KNEW THAT .   no its a false appearance that he has been cast out , when really only more demons entered in

and the lie is spread faster and faster to the rest of the world.     Till now n these days we have wicans and others even joining in and chanting LOVE , PEACE and UNITY.

Satan was not being cast out through the catholic church,  HE was using it to spread his lies , to get the world ready for the beast ,

to come to the all inclusive mindset .        And that is it.