zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In the version of the bible i read it said that angels appeared in the dreams of three astrologers to help God by giving them a message.Why would God use wizards to help him instead of one of his prophets.(back then there were still prophets running around). 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Are you referring to the Magi? Can you give the verse reference?

I don't know where it calls them astrologers right out.I don't remember were i read that.Sorry.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

About 98,000 results (0.30 seconds)

Showing results for magi astrologers

Search Results
Magi, Wise Men, or Kings? It's Complicated. | Christian History
www.christianitytoday.com › Christian History › Holidays › Christmas
Dec 16, 2016 - The term magi is the precise Greek word used in Matthew's gospel. His story demonstrates that the Magi were astrologers and interpreters of omens—following a star and dreaming dreams. When they arrived in Jerusalem, their curt bluntness had King Herod spitting out his morning coffee: “Where is he ...

Were the Magi Pagan Astrologers (Matthew 2:1-12)?
https://www.cgg.org/index...sr/.../Were-Magi-Pagan-Astrologers-Matthew-21-12.htm
The New Testament Greek leaves the original Chaldean word, Magi, untranslated. As it appears occasionally in the Scriptures, this word seems to have been a well-known term in the Middle East during biblical history. It can refer to righteous, God-fearing wise men, teachers, priests, physicians, prophets, and interpreters of ...

Magi Astrology - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi_Astrology
Magi Astrology is a system of astrology introduced to the public by the Magi Society, its originator, through its three books published from 1995-1999. The Magi Society is an international association of astrologers. Magi Astrology is one of the various recognized techniques used by astrologers for interpreting charts.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

In the version of the bible i read it said that angels appeared in the dreams of three astrologers to help God by giving them a message.Why would God use wizards to help him instead of one of his prophets.(back then there were still prophets running around). 

They were not able to "help God",  no one is able to "help God". 

They were not wizards. 

God called and chose and anointed all His prophets when God wanted to.  He still calls and choses and anoints His children when He wants to today.    There are still prophets today - though not running around !   Those on tv and media and pulpits in the worldly church(es), and those who are "running around" are not God's , but the enemy's spokesmen, usually - always  test everything !

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

Along with lowly Jewish shepherds, this was the gospel being given to also to Gentiles....how gracious of the Lord to speak to them by the stars and draw them to Himself.....the heavens declaring the glory of God.  They came and worshiped Him, and hopefully we can assume this meant that they repented from their former way of life and followed Christ Jesus from that day forward.  The Lord is good.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

My guess is that a few things are being mixed around from Matthew chapter 2.

The Magi saw a star and came to Jerusalem to look for a new king.  They were not proclaiming any message.  In Matt 2:12, it says that there were warned in a dream not to go back to see Herod.

Joseph had an angel appear to him in a dream a few different times giving him guidance about what he should do at various times, marry Mary, take Mary and Jesus to Egypt, leave Egypt, and move to Galilee.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The story of the magi does not refer to threee. There were more than that since they were wise men they would have travelled with a retinue of hundreds. They gave three types of gifts and the gold would have attracted thieves that is why so many think there were only three.

the wizards could have been from one of the false religions with which Israel would involve themselves and God used them for His purpose.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Where did God use wizards?  The Magi were astrologers but were the early astronomers.  Daniel was a Magi when he was held captive in Babylon and was made so because he could interpret dreams with God's help.  But he also taught the magi about the star that would lead them to the Messiah as the Bible predicts His coming.  The Magi were considered to be wise men.  

There were very few prophets during Christ's time.  John the Baptist was one.  But prophecy stopped between the time of Daniel and the time of Christ.  After the Day of Pentecost prophecy returned to the Church, but after the apostles it did not have the same authority as it did before; none after the apostles could be included in the Bible.  It became a means of encouraging the church and building it up or admonishing, applying established scripture to situations.  Inspired preaching is an example of modern prophecy, such as those gifted evangelists.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

They were not able to "help God",  no one is able to "help God". 

They were not wizards. 

God called and chose and anointed all His prophets when God wanted to.  He still calls and choses and anoints His children when He wants to today.    There are still prophets today - though not running around !   Those on tv and media and pulpits in the worldly church(es), and those who are "running around" are not God's , but the enemy's spokesmen, usually - always  test everything !

Yep them things all popular and on tv are false .    THEY GOT TESTED AND FELL WAY SHORT.

but HOW did they get tested..................OH YEAH by the WORD OF GOD.  not by men saying oh yeah they great

the problem with most is they heed and trust men.   ALL should be tested and not against what ya pastor says but against THE WORD and words of GOD.

When it falls short of them words...........it for only ONE REASON.  ITS FALSE ,  and that is the end of the discussion.  IT falls short of Gods words,  THEN ITS a false one .  end of discussion.

NOW see how simple that is .   instead of twisting Gods word,  we should just love it .  

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Which version of the Bible did you read? This is why you need to stick with well known and well accepted translations. Such as the original NIV, KJV, NKJV, and a few others. I once read something called the Paperback Bible and it was as nonsense.

I think you're talking about the Magi, I heard them referred to as astrologers also. But they weren't helping God, He was helping them.