• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You left out the granddaddy of them all—- purgatory.The very idea of it turns Christianity upside down.Sickening and heart- breaking at the same time.Those that believe it have no understanding of true Christianity.It is an insult to the Blood of Christ.

Very true.  I've never understood why Catholics DENY the doctrines of their church even while practicing them.  I've gone to mass with Catholics a few times and they do indeed pray to Mary and the Saints and they DO believe in Purgatory.  We've had several Catholics here over the years who patently denied these things.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,218
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You left out the granddaddy of them all—- purgatory.The very idea of it turns Christianity upside down.Sickening and heart- breaking at the same time.Those that believe it have no understanding of true Christianity.It is an insult to the Blood of Christ.

I did bring the question up a few pages back, but it was ignored

14 minutes ago, Davida said:

sorry, the  purgatory issue didn't get brought up during the debating about idol worship = Mary worship. We would need a few threads to discuss all the false doctrine practiced. 

Does not praying to dead saints to get other dead people  out of purgatory not consist of IDOLATRY?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

The more you find out about purgatory the more sickening it is.Such an insult to everything Christianity stands for.A demon- inspired fairy tale that has sent countless souls to Hell.After all , why turn to God for the forgiveness of sins if you’re willing to live a life of sin and be gutsy enough to pay the price on your own with a temporary time of anguish .No need for any Shed Blood in this repulsive scenario.

47 minutes ago, Davida said:
51 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Does not praying to dead saints to get other dead people  out of purgatory not consist of IDOLATRY?

I'm not saying you were wrong to bring it up- I was saying the back and forth debate about praying to Mary & the denial of it was nonstop.  The purgatory doctrine could have a thread all it's own. 

Yes  Davida, I agree,  as the praying to Mary, praying to dead people, praying the rosary=repetitive prayers...displaying countless statues in churches of Mary, Joseph, Christ Jesus, Apollo,, Zeus and other pagan Gods along with the displays of much pagan symbolism's...

Yes  there is so much of the RCC that needs to be exposed to the light of day for what it truly represents.

I figure i was not to much of base with the OP topic headline: As Idolatry goes hand in hand with the belief of purgatory, I was looking to see what those defending the RCC had to say about purgatory?

And when you pray to dead saints to get your loved ones out of purgatory, I figured it bared mention.

The belief in purgatory completely destroys  Christ Jesus giving himself up on the cross for the remission of our sins.

that in itself should point to this religion as being FALSE=ANTI CHRIST

The RCC is filled with so much idol symbolism. That too is IDOLATRY  . Just look at the VATICAN=place of divination. All over the VATICAN can be found esoteric symbols and statues of pagan Gods.  If that is not idolatry than i do not know what is.:(

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Davida said:

Lol!  we are in agreement on this 1to3 .  We were typing our posts at the same time , i posted after you , not seeing your post.

I believe in Perkatory: 

30743168_10160253280795253_7247587270463425262_n.jpg

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Ash Tree said:

Where does it say that Catholics can worship Mary? No document says that. We can honor her as the Mother of God (which she is) but we can't worship her as a god.

Mary is not the mother of God. Mary is the mother of Jesus, the man. As the Word (John 1:1), He had not beginning, no mother, as a man (John 1:14), He had a beginning and a mother.

This and Mark. 3:31-35; shows Jesus warning not to put His mother in a position above what she is....His earthly mother only. And Mary was not sinless as the RCC teaches, she had sin and needed forgiveness as we all do.

Luke 1:46-47, And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, V, 47, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Mishael said:

It says scripture is profitable not sufficient. Scripture itself refutes the doctrine of Sola Scripture, sicme you only believe scripture let me prove to you that it refute your own doctrine. Also show me one verse in the whole Bible which says scripture alone is sufficient.

It says ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN TO US BY GOD. That's why we do not need anything else.

2 Timothy 3:16, ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD,  and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 22:29, Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mark 12:24, And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Therefore search the Scriptures not the teachings of men;

John 5:39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Romans 15:4, For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Romans 16:26, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Timothy 3:15, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 3:16, As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Mishael said:

Can you show me where in the Bible are the words scripture alone is sufficient. Also with each sect of Protestantism interpreting the Bible as they see fit who do you think is the real abomination?

2 Timothy 3:16, ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD,  and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 22:29, Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mark 12:24, And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Therefore search the Scriptures not the teachings of men;

John 5:39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Romans 15:4, For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Romans 16:26, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Timothy 3:15, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 3:16, As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎9‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, Mishael said:

http://www.ocf.net/icons-are-not-idols/

https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/so-catholics-worship-statues.html

The Bible defines idol worship as taking another god besides the true God while making sacrifices to a false idol. Having icons and statues of Jesus Christ and Saints doesn't fit this criteria. 

Yes it does,

Exodus 20:4, Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Deut. 5:8, Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,  or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

• Thumbs Up 1