• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

4 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Have you read the story of 10 virgins? It seems they all had oil at one time, but only 50% of them got to enter in. Why were the other five left out? They were SHORT on oil. I am convinced here that oil represents the Holy Spirit. People get short on the Holy Spirit because they never fellowship with God. Jesus never hears from them. 

Did you ever read about being "filled" with the Holy Spirit? They certainly new what that meant in the book of Acts. But many churches today don't believe in it and don't practice it. We CAN be filled with the Holy Spirit and we can STAY filled. 

Next, Jesus mentioned "watch" many times in scriptures. It seems then that He is coming for those who are EXPECTING His coming. 

Heb. 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

So what happens if we are not looking?

Can someone that expects to see the Beast of Chapter 13 first really be looking for Christ first?

I guess, I see the story of the 10 virgins differently than you do.  The 5 foolish had oil but not enough.  It sounds to me like they didn't expect it to take too long before the bridegroom came and took them away.  However the 5 wise had enough oil to withstand no matter how long it took and how much darkness they had to withstand, they were ready.  

That's why I think we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be able to withstand whatever we have to...Well that's just how I see it anyhow...

GBY:)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, IvyRose said:

I guess, I see the story of the 10 virgins differently than you do.  The 5 foolish had oil but not enough.  It sounds to me like they didn't expect it to take too long before the bridegroom came and took them away.  However the 5 wise had enough oil to withstand no matter how long it took and how much darkness they had to withstand, they were ready.  

That's why I think we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be able to withstand whatever we have to...Well that's just how I see it anyhow...

GBY:)

My sentiments exactly!  Too bad so many believers don't believe in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

58 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Can someone that expects to see the Beast of Chapter 13 first really be looking for Christ first?

His sheep hear the VOICE OF JESUS the SHEPHERD daily following JESUS.   We are always looking towards Christ,

never turning our eyes upon anything evil or upon any abomination opposed to Him.  We see Him and we seek Him always, every day,  to follow Him as we hear His Voice,  no matter what else is going on around us or around the whole world.

JESUS is our victory and our salvation and our strenght - HE stands with us to strengthen us and to encourage us and to keep us on the narrow road to life ,  free from all the power of the enemy , the devil,  and from sin and from the power of sin and from the deceptions the world is full of everywhere, even the traps laid daily in the house of God as if to trap us.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/14/2018 at 11:38 AM, Unfailing Presence said:

So it has been pitched by the post tribulation crowd  that God's purpose in sending His children , in whom there is now " no condemnation ",  into the tribulation is that there are those in

Christ who are weak and are not pleasing to God  .

They need extra " testing " with the spirit of fear,  bondage , temptation  that they may be made strong like themselves or be plucked from the hand of Christ if their weakness demands .

A tough love culling the herd  of the  weaker Christians by the God of all divine comfort and mercies  .

Once again you have a post-trib philosophy completely counter to the Words of Jesus who told us that though in Christ we will encounter temptation in this world , it is the expressed  desire of

God the Father for His children  to ," lead us not into temptation ." 

Whereas the pre-trib understanding is in complete concurrence with this statement of Jesus's , with His children being led " not into  temptation " through His gathering of them to Himself in

the rapture .

Striking how consistent each belief is juxtaposed to the various teachings  of Jesus .

Unfailing Presence

How long will God allow this evil to continue?  Not only evil in the world, but in the churches also of which we were warned about leading to the great falling away?  This great falling away, of the churches will be no more a place you can go to for truth and guidance, ...because it won't be there.  Of course there will be some truth, but mainly error.  Error leads people astray and helps them to make the wrong decisions.  Error is the opposite of truth. 

The weaker Christians are the luke-warm, those who Jesus will spue out of his mouth.  They have not been walking according to Christ's commandments, ....have not sacrificed much of those things they love.  They, knowing the truth have turned their backs on Christ, and have run with the world, therefore Christ will give them another chance.  One more chance to get it right.  That's how merciful he is.

You might say "Not me" I never did that, and I might say the same also, same as Joe Blogg, and fancy Nancy, but in the end it's Christ who decides where one stands, whether in truth or error.  He goes deep into the heart and decides who will need refining.  The refining is to wash our robes clean, because there are still stains on them.  The robes are "the righteousness" of the saints.  It has to be spotless before we can enter the kingdom. 

So we can't say I won't be one of them, because we might.  We know not "all" will be killed, because there are some standing alive at the Coming.  Salvation is the promise, and Christ will keep that promise. 

So what if you are wrong about the pre-trib?  This means you have walked in error.  If we are wrong, we have nothing to lose because like Abraham we are prepared to sacrifice all.  In the end Abraham's willingness to obey God, was the one thing that delivered him from killing Isaac.  It's the same line of thinking. Our intentions are exactly the same as Abraham's, willing to go all the way.

We are not making this tribulation thing up.  I already gave you scriptures that you never replied to?  The FP will come, and will make a reason for everyone....small, great, rich, poor, free & bond to receive a mark in their forehead or right hand, or they cannot buy or sell (EAT)

We all fit into that category.  Here is the patience and faith of the saints.  Why would God say that if we are not going to be here?  It will be a time of testing.  The weaker ones, will have to grab some oil fast, and wake up before it's too late.

3 hours ago, Sister said:

How long will God allow this evil to continue?  Not only evil in the world, but in the churches also of which we were warned about leading to the great falling away?  This great falling away, of the churches will be no more a place you can go to for truth and guidance, ...because it won't be there.  Of course there will be some truth, but mainly error.  Error leads people astray and helps them to make the wrong decisions.  Error is the opposite of truth. 

As written in Scripture,  this (and much worse)  will continue until Jesus returns.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Sister said:

Unfailing Presence

How long will God allow this evil to continue?  Not only evil in the world, but in the churches also of which we were warned about leading to the great falling away?  This great falling away, of the churches will be no more a place you can go to for truth and guidance, ...because it won't be there.  Of course there will be some truth, but mainly error.  

Sister,

If every Christian was removed from the earth today there would still exist  the truth of God's everlasting Word.  And God's everlasting Word would be no less powerful to save .

No emergency session of the trinity would be needed to figure out how to save God's Word and truth , without assistance .

This self-obsession the post - trib crowd has with seeing themselves as the only way God can assure His eternal Word and it's saving power remain is as anti-biblical 

and unenlightened a theory as I have ever heard put forth .

On 2/15/2018 at 9:13 PM, Unfailing Presence said:

It is one of Gods's most basic tenants .

Unto whom much is Given much will be required .

A principle that holds true for individuals and nations .

God first chose them above all the people of the world , and He gave them the physical proof of His presence .

To this day the only people to ever see the physical presence of God the Father represented .

And they turned from Him .

Their hearts will be turned to Him again by there will be a price heavy price  to pay . 

It will be a very painful transition ,but there will be rejoicing as never before at the end of it .

I agree with you here. It is true.

On 2/16/2018 at 1:59 PM, simplejeff said:

The government won't give people much of a choice - either get the mark or cannot buy food, or anything else.

The false prophets("Christian" television ministries/evangelists/teachers)  have on television in the last 10 years already told their listeners to GET THE MARK and DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS !  (even though they will all lose their souls eternally for this if they do it, and those teaching that way will receive a much greater punishment as written in Scriptrue)

The "mark" that John told us about in Rev. 13 will not be created and enforced until after the midpoint of the future 70th week of Daniel. No one is telling anyone to get it today. 

Just now, iamlamad said:

The "mark" that John told us about in Rev. 13 will not be created and enforced until after the midpoint of the future 70th week of Daniel. No one is telling anyone to get it today. 

Many pastors / televangelists have already been preaching for years to their audiences to go ahead and get it when it comes, whatever it is, they say.    They have no revelation nor any understanding of God's Word.  The system / world system/  of the beast - the enemy of Christ Jesus and hating His people -  has been in place and growing for centuries,  and is present in every government in every country on earth.

• Praise God! 1

On 2/16/2018 at 10:36 AM, IvyRose said:

That's why I always thought Matthew 24 said pray that your flight be not in winter because in the the other months it is easier to grow your own food or at least hunt for animals, but it would be a lot more difficult to even hunt for food in the winter.  But like I said I am just asking these questions trying to learn what others think and to examine my own thoughts on the rapture...I know someone already mentioned that Matt. 24 is not talking about the end of time, but even if not... people could still grow or hunt their own food, and not have to buy it. In my opinion, anyhow...

With the mark of the best, I have always assumed that all people would be given that option Christians and non-Christians alike...I mean, isn't that the time when the false prophets will arise and try and deceive others....I just can't see many people being deceived if a whole bunch of people (Christians) just vanished or rose up into the clouds in front of them...

But like I said, I really don't know for sure and want to examine my beliefs on this topic.  

Thanks for the reply and if you can point me in a direction to where it suggests that Christians won't be around during the mark of the best please do so.

Once again thanks and God bless you. :)

Posttribbers like to say, "show me ONE SCRIPTURE that proves a pretrib rapture." It is not one scripture we need, but every end time scripture taken together to get the entire picture. 

As I studied 1 thes. 4 & 5, I discovered that Paul, talking about the rapture, suddenly mentions the Day of the Lord coming as a thief. And Paul was still very much talking about the rapture, but giving us timing information. In a nutshell, here is what Paul is teaching us:

A SUDDENLY is coming. It will be the dead in Christ suddenly flying up out of the ground, with no warning, while people are thinking peace and safety. And that event of bringing together the atoms or quarks that once made up those bodies, will cause a worldwide earthquake. That earthquake will be Paul's "sudden destruction" that comes at the same time as the rapture event. Matthew said in chapter 27, "the earth did quake...and the graves were opened..." And He told us some of the Old Testament saints were raised from the dead. But when God raised them, it caused a mighty earthquake. 

I am convinced that when the dead in Christ are raised, that too will cause a mighty earthquake. It will be worldwide because the dead in Christ are worldwide.  

Paul then goes on to say that those living in the light get "salvation" which is they are saved from this earthquake by way of being raptured, and get to "live together with Him" (So shall we ever be with the Lord) while those living in the darkness suffer the sudden destruction, and cannot escape, for it will be a worldwide earthquake. 

This entire scenario fits perfectly in Revelation. The first earthquake John shows us will be at the 6th seal which ushers in "the day of His wrath," meaning, the Day of the Lord starts right there at the 6th seal earthquake. Since the rapture and the DAY are back to back events and cannot be separated, that means the rapture will happen an instant before this worldwide earthquake at the 6th seal.

If we back up to the 5th seal, we discover it is the martyrs of the church age, crying out wondering WHEN God will judge those to murdered them. In short, they are told the full number of martyrs must come in before judgment will come. What then will make the final or last martyr of the church age? Of course, the rapture of the church! The next martyr after the rapture will be a Day of the Lord martyr, not a church age martyr. So at the 5th seal, there is a strong hint that the rapture will be the NEXT EVENT.

Finally, in chapter 7, we read of a great crowd, too large to number. It is the raptured church, now seen in heaven. And this is before John has even begun the 70th week (it begins with the 7th seal) much less arrived in his narrative at the midpoint and the days of great tribulation Jesus told us would come. They begin later in the week, after the midpoint.

God is telling us then that the rapture will certainly come both pretrib (pre 70th week) and prewrath.  John shows us God's wrath begins at the 6th seal. Therefore the ENTIRE 70th week will be His wrath. His wrath will be poured out at the same time Satan's wrath will be seen. They cannot be separated. They happen to people on earth at the same time. Every trumpet judgment (they come in the first half of the week) comes with God's wrath, and every vial also. 

Make no mistake! Jesus could come NOW for the rapture. We should be expecting His coming anything.