I can't feel guilty about my sins

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am aware that I am a sinner and I want to be saved, but...how can I be forgiven by God if I love to hurt people? How can I be forgiven if I am a lesbian and don't see the problem in it? How can I be forgiven if I manipulate, lie, insult and have sadistic thoughts? 
How? I don't really feel guilty about what I have done. If I ever feel guilty, it won't last long.
I can be really narcissistic. I sometimes feel that I'm better than most people. 
I tend to rationalize everything to the point where I can't understand why would someone feel guilty about murdering another person. I even watch animal abuse videos and don't feel anything. Maybe a little joy. 
I don't want to go to hell, how can I start feeling sorry about my sins?
Thank you!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The first step is in admitting you are a sinner, and then you must repent and ask forgiveness for this, and embrace Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  What follows is removing these things from your life, and renewing your mind.  Sanctification is a process, but submitting yourself to God and His ways will be reflected in how you live, no longer as the person you currently describe yourself as, but as a new creation.  This is the result of being born again, dying to self, and living for God.

God bless

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, MnYg25 said:

I am aware that I am a sinner and I want to be saved, but...how can I be forgiven by God if I love to hurt people? How can I be forgiven if I am a lesbian and don't see the problem in it? How can I be forgiven if I manipulate, lie, insult and have sadistic thoughts? 
How? I don't really feel guilty about what I have done. If I ever feel guilty, it won't last long.
I can be really narcissistic. I sometimes feel that I'm better than most people. 
I tend to rationalize everything to the point where I can't understand why would someone feel guilty about murdering another person. I even watch animal abuse videos and don't feel anything. Maybe a little joy. 
Thank you!

When it comes to sin ,you are a mere rookie.Have you ever killed somebody so you could commit adultery? You ever kill men women and children because their new- found religion you didn’t particularly care for? Just the fact you know and admit you are a sinner puts you miles ahead of most people...”Christians” included.

intellectual agreement that you are a sinner will not get you far though.If you are blessed enough to be convicted by The Holy Spirit and get to the point where in anguish you are able to cry out  “ God, have mercy on me a sinner” God will have mercy on you and see that you are saved.Work out your salvation with fear and trembling..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, MnYg25 said:

Thank you!

Hi the heart can be hard. We all at one time needed forgiveness and a new heart. A heart not hard not a stone but flesh that can feel and see truth. Do me a favor read the gospel of John. It shows Jesus Christ to us. Once you can see how the lord Jesus is your heart will change. He lay down his life for us on a cross of pain. He loves us forever. So don't miss out.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I am in the same place. I only have intellectual agreement that I am a sinner but not a true heartfelt conviction.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Sometimes that intellectual agreement is a seed that grows into more. As we trust in God and defy the flesh to do His will we become more sensitive to these things. The Bible does state pretty plainly that the flesh is sinful by nature.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

“ NOBODY comes to God lest the Spirit draw Him” . God wants All to come toHim.....Of course, not everyone does.....the initiative is HIS- not ours.If you do not get saved and if I do not get saved,God is not going to fall off of His Throne.God doesn’t need us- we can add nothing to Him.Remember that there are four types of “ soil” ( Hearts ) Three don’t make it. Only one does .I suggest you pray the prayer that I did many years ago- “God , please make me ‘ good soil’ and Save me.” It worked for me— it will work for you! “ All that ask, receive”,Jesus promised.He NEVER fails to keep His Promises.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

11 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm glad you decided to continue writing, Chris. Now that we're in a better place for it, I'll respond. :)

Here's why your first post affected me like it did: I've walked in the shoes you're wearing. While this is most assuredly the farthest thing from your mind it's my honor to inform you that Jesus Christ hasn't cast you aside. How do I know this? It's elementary: 

I was a serial adulterer for many years, a man who spent everything he had chasing after the grave. I write to you today from the other side of that, @Chris0699. Jesus Christ set me free!

Fortunately I haven't forgotten what it was like to be so overwhelmed that I was numbed (typical of post traumatic stress disorder) so when I note this common thread emerging in your narrative thus far, I recognize a man who's down and needs a hand. You aren't a reprobate, buddy, nor are you lacking conviction regarding your sins. On the contrary … you know them well...

That's how it numbs you in that place where you find yourself. I hope I don't shock you by expressing how excited I am for your sake... you aren't beyond hope. No way, Chris! You wouldn't know what you know without the conviction of God's Spirit but here's something amazing about the Lord: he can always get through to us no matter where we are and regardless of whatever it is that we've done (or think we've done). 

Emotions aren't required. Pray to him … it doesn't matter if you feel dirty or like a liar … and believe that he will answer, no matter how long you have to wait. God is for you, not against you!

I do feel dishonest when I am praying - like I don't really want what I am praying for - to be good soil or whatever I'm asking. One thing that has bothered me - this by the ministry at illbehonest.com - "If you’re not sorrowing over your sin, you’re pretty wicked; you’re pretty wretched. You’ve got a pretty depraved heart if you can’t be sorry over your sin. Look, if you’re not sorry over your sin, there’s no reason to even talk about repentance. If you’re not sorry over your sin, you love your sin, ok, go on with your life and love your sin. And yes, there will be hell to pay at the end. The pleasures of sin are there for a season. Go out and drink them up. If that’s what you want, and that’s what your heart is set on, go do that." And if I am honest, that's, if not exactly where I am, pretty darn close.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Brothers and sisters, here's the status of the OP. Your posts aren't being read. Just thought you should know, these well intentioned and good hearted attempts to reach out aren't quite getting through. God bless you for caring.  

• MnYg25
  • Seeker
  • 1 post
  • Joined February 24, 2018
  • Last visited February 28, 2018

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/24/2018 at 6:01 PM, MnYg25 said:

Thank you!

MnYg,

The only requirement in knowing Jesus is being a sinner. If you aren't a sinner, you can't know him. I too am a sinner. Sometimes I "do" a sin on purpose. Before I knew Jesus, I did the same sin---on purpose. Sin is not accidental. We know when we do wrong things. Sometimes, the Spirit of God instantly takes some of those sins away. Sometimes, God wants us to wrestle with our salvation and contend for our faith. Those same sins I do now are less frequent because I am learning less how to please God than I am learning how to trust Him. It is not automatic; it is a process of falling and getting up, falling and getting up again, and thanking God each time He helps you stand. And btw, you cannot remove your own sins---you must trust God to do that by believing his promises even when you don't feel like it. 

You said you want to be saved. Jesus never refused anyone who came to him. Here is what Jesus said: "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." He gave no other conditions than those. Most people who accept that are not sure what it at first means, but you are willing in your heart to believe this. God loves you. You are not here by accident, but because the Spirit of God brought you. It is not what you do for God; you will never be able to do enough. It is what God has already done for you. Go learn what that means, and enjoy Him. :)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1