• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again Adstar,

48 minutes ago, Adstar said:

So again you do not recognize any Bibles as being Holy.. Therefore you do not believe in a Bible as the inspired  word of God that can be trusted in as a guide for your faith.. Therefore your religion will be anything you think it should be.. Therefore there is no common standard anyone can use to challenge anything you teach or affirm as being the will of God,..

So again any discussion with you is pointless because you cannot be made to stand corrected by any Bible... Because you declare that all Bibles today have errors..

No fruitful fellowship can be had with you..

I accept that the Bible is inspired, but all translations have some deficiencies. Yes, it appears that we have finished, as you will not accept the evidence from Acts 19 that the KJV is not inspired, but the Bible is inspired. If we have difficulty communicating on a simple, non-doctrinal verse or two in Acts 19, then how will we progress on more important verses and teachings? What I consider important is that I endorse Tyndale’s translation and the RV and RSV margins of Exodus 3:14 as “I will be”, not the KJV rendition. I certainly cannot accept the KJV only concept. I appreciate your time and involvement.

Kind regards

Trevor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings again Adstar,

I accept that the Bible is inspired, but all translations have some deficiencies. Yes, it appears that we have finished, as you will not accept the evidence from Acts 19 that the KJV is not inspired, but the Bible is inspired. If we have difficulty communicating on a simple, non-doctrinal verse or two in Acts 19, then how will we progress on more important verses and teachings? What I consider important is that I endorse Tyndale’s translation and the RV and RSV margins of Exodus 3:14 as “I will be”, not the KJV rendition. I certainly cannot accept the KJV only concept. I appreciate your time and involvement.

Kind regards

Trevor

LORD help me....  You then believe that God inspired men to make false translations of His Word....   Give me a break.. You are like a muslim,, they say that one of allahs titles is the greatest of deceivers..  Do you think God inspired men to sabotage his Word ?  Well yes you do because to you there is no translation that is without fault... 

We are not going to progress on anything because we do not have the same Foundation to work off.. I work of the Foundation of the KJV.. You work of the foundation of your own beliefs because no Bible is Holy to you.. You cannot step forward and say the ( insert version name ) Bible is the Bible that i trust,, because you cannot trust in anything that is mistranslated.. Can you...

I do not appreciate your time and involvement because it was doomed to bare no fruit... It was a complete waste of time.. And i hate wasting Gods time..

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5

Greetings again Adstar,

7 hours ago, Adstar said:

Do you think God inspired men to sabotage his Word ?  Well yes you do because to you there is no translation that is without fault... 

I am not sure if you have read concerning the early English Bibles and also any accounts of the KJV translation. I am interested in books and have an extensive library, and have a few books on this history and some analysis of the various translations. Some of these are Tyndale 1534, Coverdale 1535, Matthew’s 1537, Great Bible 1539, Geneva Bible 1560, Bishops’ Bible 1568. All of these preceded the KJV 1611, but contributed some detail to the KJV. The KJV is certainly an excellent translation, and I prefer the KJV. I hope eventually you will moderate your position and your estimate of any believer in the inspiration of the Bible who does not at the same time acknowledge the KJV only concept.

Kind regards

Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/15/2018 at 4:50 PM, KiwiChristian said:

He was fully man and fully God. 

So, are you saying Jesus lied in John 2:19 when He said "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." ?

Unless of course that Jesus is God.

Your false presupposition that Jesus is NOT God handicaps you.

Again, Jesus said He would raise Himself. So either He did raise Himself or He lied. 

Of course Jesus was a man. He was also God.

Just because you cant understand it, does not negate the fact that Jesus was fully God and fully man.

According to your interpretation.

Some people simply cannot be satisfied.

Just because they do not understand something, does not negate anything.

It's very easy to get sucked into a closed-minded type of attitude. The JW and mormon cults are not allowed to read ANYTHING that doesn't come from their own organisation.

I havent fully read this article, but initial glances look sound.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_1350.cfm

Hello kiwi , first time in my life that I here the statement " Jesus was fully ...........", . 

Is it the same for you as well, did you hear about that statement later in your life, or in the Sunday school when you were young. 

Is this something new, and why they put such a strong emphasis. Fully.......and so on. 

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello kiwi , first time in my life that I here the statement " Jesus was fully ...........", . 

Is it the same for you as well, did you hear about that statement later in your life, or in the Sunday school when you were young. 

Is this something new, and why they put such a strong emphasis. Fully.......and so on. 

God bless you.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Can we please get back to the topic.

That Jesus is God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5

Greetings again KiwiChristian,

17 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

That Jesus is God.

This is partly on what I have been discussing with Adstar, but as you seemed to also have some inclination to KJV only, could I ask the following as this is also getting back to your original topic.

Do you accept 1 John 5:7 as being true and is it a part of the inspired Scriptures? This is dropped from most modern versions, sometimes with hardly a mention. Quite a few of the readily available commentaries also suggest this is not genuine. For example Barnes' Notes on the NT has a reasonable amount of explanation why he considers it as spurious.

I observed a year or more ago a member on a different Protestant forum using this as proof of the Trinity. His fellow members on this forum who were also Trinitarians suggested that 1 John 5:7 was spurious, and yet he continued to claim it as genuine. It was interesting, as he was also one of the moderators, and he actually closed the thread after he added another affirmation of 1 John 5:7. After this I suspected that he was also a KJV only advocate.

Kind regards

Trevor

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

That Jesus is God.

Sure, Jesus is God.. But can we also all attest to believing that a Bible ,, no matter what translation we believe in,  is the Word of God.. :) 

It is good to discuss the Word of God with solid people who are standing on a Rock rather then wasting ones times shaddow boxing with a shadow drifting in the air..

I cannot fathom a person who declares Bibles to be faulty but then turns around and starts to quote verses from a Bible to support their position on the topic of is Jesus God..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

That Jesus is God.

Ok back to my last supporting scriptural example.. I did not finish it because if the time wasted talking to TrevorL..

The pillar of cloud that followed the Hebrews in the wilderness was God..

Exodus 13: KJV

20 "¶ And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness. {21} And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: {22} He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."

The LORD our God is the Rock and the Rock was Christ

1 Corinthians 10:KJV

1 "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; {2} And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; {3} And did all eat the same spiritual meat; {4} And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

Deuteronomy 32: KJV

1 "Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. {2} My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: {3} Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. {4} He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

Under the Wings of God.. gathered and safe and warm.

Psalms 91: KJV

1 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. {2} I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. {3} Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. {4} He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."

But Jesus lamented over Jerusalem about all the times the people rejected God and would not come to take refuge under His wings..

Matthew 23: KJV

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"