IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, MorningGlory said:

Amen to that.  And while on that subject what do y'all think about the huge influx of conspiracy theories being put forth on this site?  IMO, they are one of satan's distractions and Christians should not entertain them.

Could be from Satan. He would bring the focus on a bogus conspiracy. Some are interesting to read on. I dont really get into them. There are never facts within the conspiracy. And even when disproven they still hold to there pet conspiracy. A lot of posts of plain doctrine seems unpopular. I guess its boring. But i get a lot out of it. I mean i can sit at home and react to people posting from who knows where. Its awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Amen to that.  And while on that subject what do y'all think about the huge influx of conspiracy theories being put forth on this site?  IMO, they are one of satan's distractions and Christians should not entertain them.

Yep.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions and genealogies and contentions, and strivings about the Law, for they are unprofitable and vain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Interesting you would bring that up, today was full of oddities and this passage had come to mind for me.

I Timothy 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed. 7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; 8 for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

54 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Interesting you would bring that up, today was full of oddities and this passage had come to mind for me.

I Timothy 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed. 7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; 8 for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

wow.  Between you and AJ I am amazed at the wisdom found in Scripture.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, Davida said:

True wisdom is only found in God & in His scripture & those that don't know it have not had their eyes opened or have not plumbed the depths of it.

I agree.  So many have their heads stuck in worldly conspiracy theories and then try to prove them with Scrip0ture.  I have been on other sites lately and almost all of them PROHIBIT  the posting of CTs.  Not sure why this site lets them grow and go on endlessly because they have nothing to do with Christianity,

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2018 at 10:26 PM, MorningGlory said:

Then maybe if you feel so strongly about that, you should discontinue making new conspiracy threads in the conspiracy section.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

There is one way it has changed that I am quite sad about. Years ago, when my brother in law was murdered, I posted a prayer request and felt the forums and chatroom come together in support. Ive had a huge prayer need, a family crisis, for the past 4 months and I have not posted a prayer request on the forums. Why? Because I didnt think folks would pray in support of my need but instead rejoice in my misfortune. Worthy has lost a lot of the sense of community and family that it used to be.

• Praying! 1

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

No  disrespect intended, but as a devout OSAS guy, you have not said anything that pertains to what I believe.Apparently all of us hell- bound  OSAS Believers vary in our views of what constitutes Scripture.I personally believe that Paul’s Gospel is adequate to save.Jesus said so.I will go with that.Faith plus nothing.I hope my beliefs are recognized as valid here.If not please let me know.God bless

No disrespect intended to you, but some in your camp do believe that.  Actually, I am not the one going around condemning others to hell for not believing as I do.  I know of at least one in your camp that has stated he believes that those who don't believe as he does in regard to OSAS are not saved.  

As for your comments, that have had some positive responses, here is what they said they agree with.  Quote:  "I personally believe that Paul's Gospel is adequate to save.  Jesus said so."  Jesus said no such thing.  Paul wasn't even saved until after Jesus was back home in heaven with the Father.  Jesus never taught that "Paul's Gospel" saves anyone.  We are saved through faith in Christ.  I realize there is this silly knee jerk need to agree with those who are fellow believers in OSAS, but people should take a little more time to see what they are agreeing with.  

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, MorningGlory said:

But, even though this is a privately owned site, shutting down dissension is what we criticize the Russians, Chinese and N. Koreans for.  I think George, the mods and this site can withstand some criticism, Butero.

I don't know MG.  If they want to allow dissension in the forums, that is their business.  It just isn't what they did in times past.  This thread begins talking about how it used to be, and in the past, if someone started criticizing the moderating team, the thread would be immediately closed down and the people involved put on moderator review or worse.  Criticisms were to be done in private, and we had some bad mods at the time that would create phony charges in private conversations and call it abusive behavior behind the scenes or some such drivel.  I was just coming from the standpoint of how things used to be.  

Consider for a moment what you are saying here MG about the right to dissent.  This thread is complaining there is too much free speech and different points of view being discussed.  To me, that right is far more important than the right to openly criticize the moderators.  What does anyone have to fear?  They are worried about sheep being attacked by wolves, like that doesn't happen every single day as a result of the television preachers and those on radio or even in churches across this land?  That is why everyone needs to know their Bible, so they will recognize false doctrine when they hear it.  

Based on how you feel about allowing open criticisms of the way things are run here, do you also feel that different points of view should be allowed to be discussed as well, even if those views are out in left field?  We have had some oddball stuff talked about in the forums lately, but the Bible says the real sheep will recognize the true Sheppard, Jesus Christ, and his Words, and another they won't follow.  The sheep aren't going to be destroyed by wolves.  We don't need a sheepdog like in the Warner Brothers cartoons, though I do find those cartoons funny.  I can picture the sheep dog and wolf going to work together, clocking in and out, and being friends when they are not fighting each other.  Good stuff.  Still, here at Worthy Christians Forums, I would prefer they allow more points of view than less.  

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Davida said:

It's not complaining about differing opinions --which is Free speech , the thread is complaining about literal false teachings being promoted thread after thread. 

We do have the Statement of Faith that tells us the basic beliefs of Worthy Christian Forums.  George gives the moderators direction, and they carry out his will.  I don't know if he intended they stop all doctrines from being spread that are not in line with the SOF, or if that is just his beliefs?  He certainly could uphold it if he wants to, but that is entirely up to him.  I think the SOF is very reasonable.  It would put a stop to some of the false things being taught.  

When it comes down to it, whatever direction the boards go is entirely up to the owner of the site.  We are all guests here.  Do you think if the moderators upheld the SOF and the TOS, that would fix the problem, or do you think it goes deeper than that?  I respect your opinion, so I am wondering what you think it would take to repair the things you believe are broken?