• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

I don't believe in eternal security, but I do believe that you can know you are saved through faith in Christ and continuing to live for him.

I prefer people are worried being saved in Christ than to think they are saved out of Christ.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
    who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

But people get stoned more for this position you hold because they do not want to live in the faith. And this alone is something to worry about.

"Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
    He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son." - 2 John 9

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

I don't tell people to repent right away because it sounds like I'm judging, IMO. I do say it at times when rebuking something blatantly evil. Thank you all for the kind responses and perhaps I overreacted. The definition of repent is a change of mind, I think even God repented once. It is changing to faith and trust and belief in Christ and His death, burial and resurrection. We are saved by grace through faith. 

I'm a little wary because I am used to being attacked and ridiculed as you'll see when I reach 100 posts. I promote the one doctrine and gospel that saves and I'm really not trying to preach down to anyone. I like to share what little I do know and I have faith and confidence in what I say.

My posts take longer as I can only type with my right index finger after 32 years in auto parts using only the 10-key. LOL, I've tried and I took typing class in HS freshman year but can't remember and didn't pass the class. I lean on my left arm and sit sideways at a corner desk by the window. Maybe I'll just start this same thread in the Outer Court you say? Or make a different title and leave this thread alone. 

I'm not a universalist but I do believe in most cases OSAS. I don't believe God revokes promises or free gifts to those who believe. If one rejects Christ and falls away, that's a different story perhaps. I'll be more careful with starting threads from now on.

Edited by patrick jane

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

How do we know we are saved ? That is pretty easy. 1 john says no man has seen God at anytime if we love one another,God dwelleth in us,and his love is perfected in us.

HEREBY KNOW WE THAT WE DWELL IN HIM,AND HE IN US.

See how it says know we. We can know if we are saved and born again. 

In 1 john 4 verse 7 it says Beloved let us love one another ,for love is of God, and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

How clear this is. If you dont love others and dont care what happens to them. If you care only about yourself and those that belong to you. Maybe your own friends but you dont care about those other people then that is self love. 

Some people dispise the homeless. Others dispise other races. They love only certain kinds of people. This is not the love of God. The lord said to love the least of these. If we do this we show we dwell in God and he in us. 

Only born again person will love the least in trueness. Some may help a homeless person becsuse it makes them feel good. But that is selflove. If you do it because you pity the person and want them to be well then its true love. 

That is the true sign you are saved accorded to the Apostle John. And we can only be saved by Jesus and believing in his name. He who has the son has life. He who does not have the son abides in death.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, patrick jane said:

Do you?

It is a fair question. Perhaps one that could be welcomed by all saints in Christ Jesus for the joy of sharing of our Lord. 

As for myself, I didn't want to be a Christian, had no desire whatsoever. Yet the Holy Spirit came and called me out. I had no real choice, but to be turned about by the time the Holy Spirit got through with me. I came to know Jesus as my Lord God and personal savior. I didn't know a gospel presentation from a racing sheet, but I was saved.

Now many years later I can recite and blather on and on I suppose, but truth is I was turned about without much knowledge at all. All my atheist arguments went right out the window in a flash in the face of the power of God the Holy Spirit.

I only learned the gospel after being saved not before. Sorry about that,  all that have such detailed and beautiful presentations of the gospel message to share.  All that stuff was just Christian chatter to me, for my mind was not open to it; and never would have been except that God is sovereign, had given me to His son from before the beginning, the Holy spirit made that known to me and I could not deny it. From there I have had the security of knowing that Jesus  loses not a one of those given  Him by God the Father.

Back to you PJ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is a fair question. Perhaps one that could be welcomed by all saints in Christ Jesus for the joy of sharing of our Lord. 

As for myself, I didn't want to be a Christian, had no desire whatsoever. Yet the Holy Spirit came and called me out. I had no real choice, but to be turned about by the time the Holy Spirit got through with me. I came to know Jesus as my Lord God and personal savior. I didn't know a gospel presentation from a racing sheet, but I was saved.

Now many years later I can recite and blather on and on I suppose, but truth is I was turned about without much knowledge at all. All my atheist arguments went right out the window in a flash in the face of the power of God the Holy Spirit.

I only learned the gospel after being saved not before. Sorry about that,  all that have such detailed and beautiful presentations of the gospel message to share.  All that stuff was just Christian chatter to me, for my mind was not open to it; and never would have been except that God is sovereign, had given me to His son from before the beginning, the Holy spirit made that known to me and I could not deny it. From there I have had the security of knowing that Jesus  loses not a one of those given  Him by God the Father.

Back to you PJ.

I'm out of rep or likes to give or I'd give you two for that post. I'm trying to find the scripture now. Yes, it's to the people of Israel but it fits. I know a man that was saved by the sudden power of the Holy Spirit and had a wonderful testimony as well. 

Isaiah 65:1-17 KJV - 

I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;

Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;

Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,

Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.

Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.

11 But ye are they that forsake the Lord, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.

12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

13 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.

15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Edited by patrick jane

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

19 hours ago, patrick jane said:

Do you?

Yes and i have accepted it and am saved ..   :D  Thanks and all praise be to the LORD Jesus Christ..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Many Believers love on people by telling them how precious they are, help them out with things they need doing, and even say a prayer to bless them but never actually preach the Gospel to them. They try to explain that doing acts of love is synonymous with preaching the Gospel and that they can preach with actions rather than words.

WE MUST PREACH THE GOSPEL

Mark 16:15 - "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'"

Acts of love are needed but they do not replace preaching the Gospel.  Buying food for the homeless, carrying shopping bags for old ladies, showing care and love to the young and healthy and ministering to the sick and disabled are great opportunities to love -- to introduce the ones in front of us to the One who taught us how to love -- Jesus. Share about the Gospel -- Jesus' death and resurrection and how receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior by faith and repentance from sin can bring them into salvation.

While it is true that we can't force people into the Kingdom but we must be confident in the Holy Spirit to believe He is already convicting the hearts of the ones we are speaking to and be BOLD to speak the Gospel message and give them the opportunity to receive the Lord. 
The full Gospel for which the Lord died for must be preached. The ones we regularly interact with but never actually minister the Gospel to if unsaved, when they die, will go to Hell – despite our loving on them!

THE JOY OF SALVATION

Many times on street outreaches, we bless people with prophetic words and even offer to pray for their sicknesses, but again this does not replace preaching the Gospel of salvation.  These are amazing ways to open up peoples hearts to hear the Gospel yet, the prophetic or healing words themselves do not save anyone. They are great tools to open up hearts to the Father's love but are never meant to be used as an end in itself but rather as a means to an end.

The salvation of the soul is the ultimate goal. Even if you don't have a prophetic or healing word for the one in front of you, be encouraged to be bold to preach the message of salvation in love and power to them because the Gospel has more than enough power to turn people to Jesus.

Let us be restored to the joy of our salvation. Remember that wonderful moment the Lord saved you and be joyful to bring others into the experience of salvation you have. What a joy to bring multitudes into Heaven with us as we understand the urgency of the times we live in. 

• This is Worthy 1

On 3/25/2018 at 2:44 PM, Albert Finch said:

Many Believers love on people by telling them how precious they are, help them out with things they need doing, and even say a prayer to bless them but never actually preach the Gospel to them. They try to explain that doing acts of love is synonymous with preaching the Gospel and that they can preach with actions rather than words.

WE MUST PREACH THE GOSPEL

Mark 16:15 - "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'"

Acts of love are needed but they do not replace preaching the Gospel.  Buying food for the homeless, carrying shopping bags for old ladies, showing care and love to the young and healthy and ministering to the sick and disabled are great opportunities to love -- to introduce the ones in front of us to the One who taught us how to love -- Jesus. Share about the Gospel -- Jesus' death and resurrection and how receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior by faith and repentance from sin can bring them into salvation.

While it is true that we can't force people into the Kingdom but we must be confident in the Holy Spirit to believe He is already convicting the hearts of the ones we are speaking to and be BOLD to speak the Gospel message and give them the opportunity to receive the Lord. 
The full Gospel for which the Lord died for must be preached. The ones we regularly interact with but never actually minister the Gospel to if unsaved, when they die, will go to Hell – despite our loving on them!

THE JOY OF SALVATION

Many times on street outreaches, we bless people with prophetic words and even offer to pray for their sicknesses, but again this does not replace preaching the Gospel of salvation.  These are amazing ways to open up peoples hearts to hear the Gospel yet, the prophetic or healing words themselves do not save anyone. They are great tools to open up hearts to the Father's love but are never meant to be used as an end in itself but rather as a means to an end.

The salvation of the soul is the ultimate goal. Even if you don't have a prophetic or healing word for the one in front of you, be encouraged to be bold to preach the message of salvation in love and power to them because the Gospel has more than enough power to turn people to Jesus.

Let us be restored to the joy of our salvation. Remember that wonderful moment the Lord saved you and be joyful to bring others into the experience of salvation you have. What a joy to bring multitudes into Heaven with us as we understand the urgency of the times we live in. 

Great post, very well said.

I believe that once we trust and believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose the third day according to OT scripture, we are saved and sealed with that holy spirit of promise. To me, sealed means OSAS, eternal security in Christ, by His faith and sacrifice. This is what the Bible tells us. The gospel of salvation is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - Also in my signature -

And of course we must have obedience of faith, good fruit and dare I say "works" will be a result of being in Christ and Christ in us. We must also follow the two great commandments and we try not to break the the ten commandments, But we are no longer under the law and all have sinned. Now about being saved and sealed and the promises of God.

2 Peter 3:9 KJV -

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Ephesians 1:1-14 KJV - 

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Galatians Chapter 3 - KJV -

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

2But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Edited by patrick jane
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Boy, I kinda wonder if I should add a comment, but, shoot.

I looked through the comments, and kept wondering when:

John 3:16 would show up?

14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15)That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16)For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17)For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

and:

Ephesians 2:

4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8)For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

To me (and maybe just me) these are the Gospel of Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1