turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Could someone please explain to me how blogs work? Is it sort of like a diary? :confused: I'm going through a trial where I wonder if sharing my heart in the journey might help me cope. My mom is in a coma and I am having definite struggles with this.

Questions

1) "Blogging 101"... how does one blog and for what purpose?

2) In your opinion, might this be a good form of therapy when someone I love is now in such critical shape?

3) I'd appreciate instructions on how to use the feature at worthy...(if you could :b: maybe 'keep it simple' for me. (In other words, I require blogging-for-dummies. :D lol.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1) A blog is a basically just an online journal or diary. However, blogs cover a spectrum of things other than one's own personal life. Many people have blogs about food or philosophy and they just write about whatever whenever. The purpose... On the one hand, if it's just a journal/diary, then it's just more of a personal thing. If it is about specific topics like the latter, the blogger is typically aiming for a following audience, like becoming an esteemed food reviewer or a prized opinion amongst the masses. Keep in mind that "vlogs" or "video logs" are also a thing.

2) My opinion doesn't count for much, as I tend to just ruminate with myself or pray. Also, i'm a little too paranoid about writing down personal stuff, especially on a platform like the internet. From what i've heard, though, it does work out really well for lots of other folks.

3) That's another thing i'm not going to be much help with. It looks like they have a "blogs" option up there below the site's name. However, i'd imagine there's a manner of expectation that the blogs one posts is about religion. If you were wanting a bit more freedom on what you blog about, i'd suggest Blogger. It's a free service.

Guest BacKaran

Turtle Two,
I am sorry to hear about your mom. My dad passed this fall and I did a diary. So helpful!
I was able to let my dad know I was sorry for being a rebellious teen, thanked him for letting me stay at home when I was preganant and unmarried and that I loved him.
I took photos of him in his last days. One smiling, one sleeping and the day he died I have my hands touching his arm, touch is so important to me.
These are my favorites! I gave him the gospel message several times and that’s all the Lord asked me to do. I pray I will see him in heaven! Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Diaries are personal, secret even, locked away.

Blogs are public, a shout out to the entire world that cannot be erased. Blogs, Facebook, Tweets, etc. are all trackable and can be used against  you later. It can give away patterns of absence from your home, it can tell of your vulnerabilities for a scam artist to use against you. It can provide testimony against you in a lawsuit against medical service providers.

Be careful!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

A blog can be private too. I have public and private blogs. 

This is one of my blog sites. I use it to post my bible study notes (altho I need to catch up more lol). I have one that is private that has some deeper notes that I do not feel like making public. I am working on another public blog that is devotions. I have a public bible trivia blog and one that is private that I use for chat trivia times.

The blog site I use is quite easy to use. You have to go to your setttings and make it a private "author only" site. 

Blogger site

My bible study site.

My devotions site (Im about to revamp it).

My bible trivia site.

And answers to trivia.

Yeah sure. 

Here is a test idea, just a practical test not a scientific method at all.- try writing in a private area about having an interest in large format digital cameras. DO NOT SEARCH LARGE FORMAT DIGITAL CAMERAS ANYWHERE, JUST MENTION AN INTEREST  IN BUYING ONE ON THE PRIVATE BLOG AS EXAMPLE. Then see what happens.

Just for my own fun I did that on an open area and had B&H CAMERAS seeking access to me immediately and promoting LARGE FORMAT DIGITAL CAMERAS, even before I entered any search or clicked on any site. I refused to acknowledge them, and a full screen ad from them starting appearing on my computer anyway.