John Robinson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Back in the 80's our church did some odd things to get the numbers into the church. Please do not judge them harshly has we no longer do these things having come to our senses.  I am sure they meant well but I am glad they moved away from that sort of thing because the church was becoming a game show contest.  I can remember we had a giant pizza day. The pastor made  deal with a local pizza place to make a giant pizza! I mean a really big giant pizza!  We all went outside after church and ate pizza.  Then we had this game called "fill the pew" one Sunday.  Everyone who wanted to was given a pew. Whoever invited the most people and got them to sit in their pew won. I could not believe how many people I talked to did not know what a pew was and it had to be explain to them. Needless to say I did not win.   This ran over into the youth group which I was  a part of at the time. The youth group was dived into teams to compete against each other for some grand prize.  You got points for Bible reading, points for how many people you talked into coming with you on a Sunday night. Points for winning some made up games ect ect.  It was meant to get people into church. But all it did dived us up and made us dislike each other even more.  It was also an   "all about me and what I am going to get" type of thing.  As time went by we got a new pastor and thankfully like I said we came to our senses and no longer do those kind of things.  The youth group now is all about server others instead of themselves. Each summer they go off on mission trips to poorer parts of the country and help people repair their homes them.  Like I said please do not judge us harshly. The Spirit is alive and well inside  our church now. You can feel it everywhere! We no longer do all that goofy stuff and have now become what God meant for us to be. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Giller said:

There are true gatherings today, but they are few and far between, and one thing that I find not too many churches focus on, is holiness, and holy living.

It seems that holiness has become a rare word.

What I have noticed is not so much that words like holiness , love , freedom,  unity , liberty ,   are used big time today, perhaps the word love is used

more than anything and at anytime in world church history.   The PROBLEM is that the ones teaching it ,   DONT EVEN KNOW what THEY MEAN .

they teaching it as SENSUAL as the world understands them to be.  AND not compatible with A HOLY GOD at all.   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

For those who wonder how the church got in this mess, the information is out there for the finding. It wasn't an accident, and it wasn't driven by worldly young people. The American church was shaped into a certain image by the hands of powerful men. People shouted warnings about it back in the 90s/200s and they were told to stop being paranoid. This is not a cultural phenomenon. It's a setup.

Our enemy understands authority. What he wants more than anything is to rule over Christ's bride. He doesn't care for using wild teenagers as much as we think he does. He cares much more about using the publishers who pump out leadership/pastorship/Bible study books that tell millions of pastors how to preach. He cares about using conferences and seminars and special invitations to control the narrative.

Paul said that in the last days many people will want their ears tickled. But remember, Jesus told us to beware false prophets. Jesus said more about false shepherds than He ever said about lazy sheep. The people with ticklish ears who only love themselves are not just people in the pews.

We were warned over and over by great Christian people in the 1900s. We fell for it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Honestly the way the teach love , freedom , liberty , unity , tolerance , peace .     Aint GODs version at all.

Sounds way more like the way another one would teach it .   the one who said to eve ....    Has GOD really SAID .............and that is so scary for them .  

But, praise the LORD .    some still LOVE the LORD and by the power of His grace resist the lie .     and on that note ,  I think we all know what is coming next

PRAISE THE LORD my peoples ,  PRAISE the LORD .

2 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

For those who wonder how the church got in this mess, the information is out there for the finding. It wasn't an accident, and it wasn't driven by worldly young people. The American church was shaped into a certain image by the hands of powerful men. People shouted warnings about it back in the 90s/200s and they were told to stop being paranoid. This is not a cultural phenomenon. It's a setup.

Our enemy understands authority. What he wants more than anything is to rule over Christ's bride. He doesn't care for using wild teenagers as much as we think he does. He cares much more about using the publishers who pump out leadership/pastorship/Bible study books that tell millions of pastors how to preach. He cares about using conferences and seminars and special invitations to control the narrative.

Paul said that in the last days many people will want their ears tickled. But remember, Jesus told us to beware false prophets. Jesus said more about false shepherds than He ever said about lazy sheep. The people with ticklish ears who only love themselves are not just people in the pews.

We were warned over and over by great Christian people in the 1900s. We fell for it anyway.

You better believe its a set up .     If we examine what they are doing ,    its to create a one all inclusive sin accepting false love world religion that will

lead all to the beast who is to rise .    Satan works through all who know not Christ.   And its high time we point more than ever to JESUS ONLY .

that we expose the lies .    A massive clear cut division has began.    And I worry huge for so many .    We will witness two sides basically .

One who refused the lies and stand ON JESUS only and the other group will include all religions and secular with one mind and one heart for world peace .

And under the worlds largest ecumuinal in mind heart gathering will be led to see the anti Christ as a man of Peace and having the solutions for the ills of the world.

And them solutions include a mark from which no man can buy or sell lest he has ,  and to rid the earth of all who did not conform to this all inclusive world peace lie .

That will be the TWO camps .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi people

My husband and I have found that in many of the churches we have attended, people just don't understand or even know what holiness is.  They don't get that it goes along with their whole witness to the world.  On the one hand, some are in the prayer meetings and are genuinely praying meaningful and wonderful prayers to the Lord, and the next thing I see/hear is them saying a word or something else that just doesn't add up to a person walking the walk.

I think that holiness has just gotten lost in this world where a lot of people just want God on their own terms, not His.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

14 hours ago, Davida said:

There are churches still out there that are preaching God's word and discipling and it is our responsibility to find them and support them, imo, while they still exist. All to often  we hear the excuse that people don't go to church because there isn't any "good" ones left & that is just not true, they are fewer but they are out there in little pockets.  For a yr i drove 1.5 hrs to a church in another city.  The Pastor there would tell me, that  people there started to approach him and say Pastor I was going to sleep in today ,but then I thought of me, who drove over an hr to get here and I was convicted. He said -see you are encouraging others by coming all this way.:)

I know of what you speak. I've been there too.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I didn't say I wasn't going to church, in fact Sermon Audio was part of how I found the Bible preaching church I'm currently a part of because I was able to listen to some sermons before I went. My purpose for posting about the site was so that others might be able to check out the preaching at a church they were interested before wasting a Sunday going only to find out it was more concert than Bible. Distance and time meant something different back then because I was limited to a mountain bike and the bus for transport. An hour was about the practical limit in the 100+ degree summer temps we get in my area.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi people

My husband and I have found that in many of the churches we have attended, people just don't understand or even know what holiness is.  They don't get that it goes along with their whole witness to the world.  On the one hand, some are in the prayer meetings and are genuinely praying meaningful and wonderful prayers to the Lord, and the next thing I see/hear is them saying a word or something else that just doesn't add up to a person walking the walk.

I think that holiness has just gotten lost in this world where a lot of people just want God on their own terms, not His.

Sister you loved .     Let me say something YOU ALREADY KNOW .  just as a reminder .   

IF one wants to know what version of HOLINESS is TRUE .       WHO IS THE HOLY ONE .     GOD IS .   its his version or its false .

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2018 at 6:26 PM, John Robinson said:

That said, in my opinion, what this church is doing is plain old bat-crazy. Read the article, and tell me what you think.

http://www.faithwire.com/2018/04/25/well-known-atlanta-pastor-is-adding-scantily-clad-aerialists-into-worship-services/

"You can be a clown, you can be a Preacher. But you can't be a clown-preacher." -unknown

• Thumbs Up 1