• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Now, wait just a minute, you start touchin my donuts and there will be war! LOL

I agree. There is nothing wrong with donuts. 

• Group:  Royal Member

11 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

LOL, @Yowm!! Admittedly, I had a bottled water with me due to health issues I've been experiencing lately. But I think that should be the extent of it. I don't go to church to eat donuts and drink coffee. Lol 

I don't go to church to eat donuts neither. But if they are there I will eat them. :coffee:

I don't like coffee. I bring my bottle of ice tea in. Shhhhh.........:32:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi guys

3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

What in the world is wrong with the "church" these days? :( 

The falling away.

Thanks dear Abby-Joy and others.  We must stay with the true Word of God.

Edited by SisterActs2
Thought question mark might offend.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Sorry, sis.  I should have put a full stop there, instead of the question mark.  My bad.  Apologies. :(

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

I love the original Hinsons.  They had their own sound.  There are others that have copied their style today, but nobody else sounded like them at the time.  They would be along side groups like the Rex Nelon Singers, Happy Goodmans, Cathedral Quartet, Gold City Quartet, Inspirations, Dixie Echoes, Dixie Melody Boys, and other wonderful groups, but their sound was unique.  

I am not sure what happened to the church, but it seems like it was in the 90s when things started going down hill.  Worldliness entered in and things have not been the same.  There are still some good churches that haven't conformed, but they are the exception, not the rule.  Perhaps it is the result of church growth seminars.  I wish I knew.  

But the good news is ,  their are still some who meet and love the LORD .    And it is seen.    the path is NARROW but praise the LORD some still Love the LORD .  

My hearts been a lot happier at least being around some Who love the LORD .    Man,   on that note ,  I think we all know what is coming next .  ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Abby-Joy said:

Oh Sister, it's completely okay. I didn't see anything you said/wrote wrong.:emot-heartbeat: :emot-hug:

Lil abby its way overdue .    Its been like an eternity since I told ya.........YOU LOVED SISTER .   YOU LOVED .   Praise the LORD .

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

54 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Some of us even brought our homework to church just so we could be in the house of God ...we didn't want to miss a service!! We'd come early, spend time at the altar in prayer ....do some homework till service began (lol) ...those were the days!  I was from a family of non-Christians so to get to church, of someone didn't pick me up, I walked. (Close as I can remember, it was 2 or 3 miles ...not too bad.) When my dad wanted to punish me for something, my punishment was that I couldn't go to church ...after awhile, my mother was attaending but he made it difficult for us...one had to stay home (not both of us attend at the same time). 

All this to say ...when it is a place where people really love Jesus, you just wanna be there no matter the obstacles!!

Sounds like you grew up like me. I was the only one in my house that went to church. A lady and her husband would pick me up along with about 10 or more others all packed in a van. Sometimes they would have to make two trips. We were called "the van kids". We came without parents and were all ages. Oh I bet we drove that poor lady and her husband crazy. But bless their hearts they did the Lord a service by getting me and other to church. They have both passed on now.  Anyway, I took homework to too church. I also had to hide my offering money because if my father (who did not attend church) found out I was putting money in the offering, he would say to me "You can't buy your way into Heaven."  Also if I got dressed up in nice clothes he would say to me "You only go to church to show off your clothes."   All I wanted to do was look nice for church. I had to grow up with all of that.  There is more stuff but I wont get into that now. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Exactly...and that's the current state of the church world. People are looking for entertainment ...something to appease the conscience and make them feel they've fulfilled their Christian duty of "not forsaking the gathering" ...I want no part of it. My question is, "Where is the true gathering these days?" That's where I want to be!!

Well, you might try https://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp 

They have a church locator where you can search by zip code (if you're looking for a church) and you can listen to sermons from any church that might interest you that's listed there. That's where I found the church I go to. Its a small church that few have heard of, but they still preach the Bible as God's Word . . . with no light shows!  :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Now, wait just a minute, you start touchin my donuts and there will be war! LOL

I'll pass on the donuts, but I'm one of those folks that gets the weird look at Starbucks - when I  order just plain black coffee with no contamination, er, condiments. 

Step away from the coffee pot and no one gets hurt . . .  :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is troubling. We need Christians who won't comprise on God's word to rise up and spread their voices, by spreading the truth :)

• Thumbs Up 2