• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

My thought? Well I am always surprised at how few spend time to praise God for the local church body that the Holy Spirit has led them to,and how God has provided the perfect provision for them, that which is needed at any one point in time. I am surprised how many lament that they can not find a church to their liking or standard and how many accusations are posted  on Christian message boards about pastors.

Seems to me it is not a failure of pastors if true but instead a failure of God, for God is sovereign over all matters. Does God lack capability of providing the gift of pastor Teacher?  The way some on boards present shrill accusation I would think that to be the case, except that the Holy pirit has always led me to where God will want me, so that i may learn  of Him, His awesome power over all of His creation.

I can think of no local body of Christ that I would rather be at than the local body God directs me to go be a part of for whatever period of time He will have me stand  my post. When He transfers me I go and I stand my new post, not in personal comfort so much as in awe that He provides what is perfect for my need, alway.

Praise God for the fellow saints that have rallied around me when i have hurt, praise God for the deacons that have shepherded many ministries of helps and for the elders that have taught, of which my pastors are but two. Thank God for the deaconesses, those wonderful sisters in the Lord that do so many errands of mercy. I am blessed beyond my reasonable comprehension never seeing it all as I look forward, but always finding it has been perfect for me as I look back.

My thought? Praise God He provides and He is among us as we gather for God is among us when two or three  ( or more) gather in the name of Jesus. 

And there is where I love to be; mostly for the fellowship of the saints with God. I find no fault in the local bodies of Christ Jesus for that reason, each is sufficient if I listen to the lead of the Holy Spirit and read of the word of God even the weakest of gathering places benefit me.

It is not a man's presentation that I follow and therefore it is not a single pastor nor a single elder that I champion as best among many nor as worst among all. Instead I try to be humble in appreciation of the humblest of sermons to glean from the corners of the field what is there, left by God for me.

Those are some really great thoughts! I agree with all of it especially because it is what helps you to grow and become a wonderful person of faith, rising up mightily in the knowledge of His Truths.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

15 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

I totally understand.....been there myself....I currently do attend a "church" although I would like to find one that really teaches.....I am not into those 1 scripture preachers who read 1 verse then ad lib his thoughts throughout the rest of the sermon using metaphors, humor, maybe some personal experience etc.

This is the strange thing of my experience like yourself wanting truth, I was led to a church and guided straight back out of it when I picked this book up and read it to myself. 

I felt like God gave me free reign on his message, once I recieved this bible I had only the limitations of the time I gave to reading it and studying it.

I am not anti preacher but like all preachers you need to be able to apply at least some discernment to the message you get from them, it helps you see and understand that man does sometimes have or works to an agenda, is fallible and open to error, which is basically good for the truth to know all mans additions to the word are based on what is in his heart.

Edited by Dan_79
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dan_79 said:

This is the strange thing of my experience like yourself wanting truth, I was led to a church and guided straight back out of it when I picked this book up and read it to myself. 

I felt like God gave me free reign on his message, once I recieved this bible I had only the limitations of the time I gave to reading it and studying it.

I am not anti preacher but like all preachers you need to be able to apply at least some discernment to the message you get from them, it helps you see and understand that man does sometimes have or works to an agenda, is fallible and open to error, which is basically good for the truth to know all mans additions to the word are based on what is in his heart.

Thanks for sharing and I am one who will not tell a person you HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH TO BE SAVED!.....nope....I used to tell people the opposite when I was witnessing to people I met....until God told me to quit telling them that....meaning that yes repent, confess Jesus as your Lord anywhere....it doesn't have to wait til you get inside a church....but for many new believers they need someone to teach them.....help them grow....

And believers do need to fellowship with one another....this I do believe.....so as the bible says forsake not the gathering together of the body of believers or forsake not the assembling together of one another to fellowship and lift one another up.

I could write about all the Church denominations I have visited once, either by invite (weddings communion christenings funerals etc) or by choice.

It is best I do not lol.

All gave me a fair and honest insight into church life.

It just wasn't for me. That could change to, I am not a closed book. 

The churches should all keep the holidays and festivals to be genuine anyway. These are great for meeting like minded Christians.

Edited by Dan_79
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Heart2Soul said:

Thanks for sharing and I am one who will not tell a person you HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH TO BE SAVED!.....nope....I used to tell people the opposite when I was witnessing to people I met....until God told me to quit telling them that....meaning that yes repent, confess Jesus as your Lord anywhere....it doesn't have to wait til you get inside a church....but for many new believers they need someone to teach them.....help them grow....

And believers do need to fellowship with one another....this I do believe.....so as the bible says forsake not the gathering together of the body of believers or forsake not the assembling together of one another to fellowship and lift one another up.

Believe it or not you guys are my fellowship of believers......I don't have a car at the moment so I have no transportation to church..

I could write about all the Church denominations I have visited once, either by invite (weddings communion chritenings funerals etc) or by choice.

All gave me a fair and honest insight into church life.

It just wasn't for me. That could change to, I am not a closed book.

Alrighty.....but now back to the subject of judgment beginning with the House of God...doesn't this reply indicate the reason God is bringing judgment to the church? their are so many people who share the same story over and over....they go to a church and to their dismay what they hoped for is not what they got.....and as you they leave being disillusioned by what God's Church is all about.....so my point....your very statement is confirming the scripture about judgment coming to the church....it is turning too many people away...or leading them astray into false teachings...etc.

While I agree I cannot help ask was it ever any different for my generation?

The founding fathers of the US had a good church as they finally threw off the bad yolk...they left it behind to find somewhere to build up a nation from GODS word ...and it worked....until the wolves/goats/tarea etc showed up...

For the US with its fresh history how a decline can be evidenced is much more easily discernable.

When I look through the history of the churches in my country (England) I doubt I would of accepted any of them at this point of my life even hundreds of years ago.

The reason I ask is most church denominations in my country where borm out of one schism or another, based primarily upon a moulding of Gods immutable laws into mans will. A slow degradation that was known soon after the death and ressurection of the Lord.

Jesus knew his sheep would be scattered amongst all nations, John knew this also...

Church splits and splits etc but only Jesus with his angels have the task of bringing them back into the safety of the fold. Not man.

Edited by Dan_79
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

While I agree I cannot help ask was it ever any different for my generation?

The founding fathers of the US had a good church as they finally threw off the bad yolk...

When I look through the history of the churches in my country (England) I doubt I would of accepted any of them at this point of my life even hundreds of years ago.

The reason I ask is most church denominations in my country where borm out of one schism or another, based primarily upon a moulding of Gods immutable laws into mans will. A slow degradation that was known soon after the death and ressurection of the Lord.

Jesus knew his sheep would be scattered amongst all nations, John knew this also...

Church splits and splits etc but only Jesus with his angels have the task of bringing them back into the safety of the fold. Not man.

Okay so the angels gather them back into the safety of the fold........who is the fold.

5 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

Okay so the angels gather them back into the safety of the fold........who is the fold.

The Lord obviously.

What Im saying is we can be watching out for eachothers safety but we are not neccessarily at fault for the way the churches are heading...churches are led (they have a leadership a hierarchy an agenda...) the sheep are sheep...they are followers...they turn up listen give tribute and leave for home till the next instalment...

Edited by Dan_79
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Lord obviously.

What Im saying is we can be watching out for eachothers safety but we are not neccessarily at fault for the way the churches are heading...churches are led (they have a leadership a hierarchy an agenda...) the sheep are sheep...they are followers...

The sheep are the saints that make up the body of Christ.....so in Revelation....why were the seven churches of Asia singled out and each had a fault that needed to be dealt with....seeing that the churches were already beginning to feign in their upright walk and talk it was a concern to God as it would only decay more and more if not addressed.....In Ezekiel it was prophesied that in the last days there would rise up a Shepard who no longer fed the sheep but ate of the fat of them and desired wealth and gain rather than Godly edifying of the sheep......

Throughout the bible warns against false teachers, false prophets, false preachers who would lead the sheep astray if they were not skilled in rightly dividing the truth and in discerning of what spirit was operating.....

The bible indicates throughout OT and NT that there is a purpose for the church....and need....a command to be faithful in gathering together in unity of faith....but not to get into a debate about a building........it is a place of gathering of believers......to come together to worship Him and to pray and lift one another up...to teach.....

Even Paul addressed the issue of women teaching in the church....not to allow that.....just making a point that the Bible addresses the "Church" often.

And the seven churches addressed in Revelation..it wasn't addressed to the pastor it was addressed to the entire church........we as believers have a responsibility to keep God's House a place of holiness and a place of worship.....

Whew I am going to take a break.....really am enjoying the discussion! God Bless!