• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

23 hours ago, Heart2Soul said:

The sheep are the saints that make up the body of Christ.....so in Revelation....why were the seven churches of Asia singled out and each had a fault that needed to be dealt with....seeing that the churches were already beginning to feign in their upright walk and talk it was a concern to God as it would only decay more and more if not addressed.....In Ezekiel it was prophesied that in the last days there would rise up a Shepard who no longer fed the sheep but ate of the fat of them and desired wealth and gain rather than Godly edifying of the sheep......

Throughout the bible warns against false teachers, false prophets, false preachers who would lead the sheep astray if they were not skilled in rightly dividing the truth and in discerning of what spirit was operating.....

The bible indicates throughout OT and NT that there is a purpose for the church....and need....a command to be faithful in gathering together in unity of faith....but not to get into a debate about a building........it is a place of gathering of believers......to come together to worship Him and to pray and lift one another up...to teach.....

Even Paul addressed the issue of women teaching in the church....not to allow that.....just making a point that the Bible addresses the "Church" often.

And the seven churches addressed in Revelation..it wasn't addressed to the pastor it was addressed to the entire church........we as believers have a responsibility to keep God's House a place of holiness and a place of worship.....

Whew I am going to take a break.....really am enjoying the discussion! God Bless!

I agree, God gave us Laws Stautes and Ordinances in the OT that people reject as they think they are not valid for the life of a Christian.

The festivals we are told to attend, the gatherings are clearly detailed to help become acquainted with eachother.

So when the Church leader doesnt have high regard for all these things is it because he shouldnt be leading (for lack of knowledge)?

What are the sheep meant to do?

Do they find somewhere that does? (that would mean leaving the church or becoming divided between the fellowship).

If we are all responsible for eachother then why do we not get a fully integrated service where the leader/s are humble to the youngest in question?

Why isnt EVERYONE given the oportunity to give the service Or why do modern ministers assume authority over the followers?

Or... What do we need a church leader for if we are leading our own church using Gods word as gathered?

Only asking

I do not claim to know (remember I left the church for these very reasons...and some)

:)

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Has anybody brought out the fact that this verse (v.17) has to do with suffering as a Christian?

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
(1Pe 4:12-19)

suffering His judgment....yep you are correct...lol...seriously YOWM......and that verse continues AND if the righteous is scarcely saved...what will become of the undgodly and the sinner....

going prior to that....let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler....

IMHO this refers to comparing our lives as upright and righteous in God's eyes vs. the unsaved, ungodly and etc.....

verse 17 deals with our suffering from His loving chastisement

What does 1 Peter 4:17 mean?

God does, in fact, judge His children on this side of eternity. That's a hard idea for some of us, but it is what Peter is saying here. The writer of Hebrews also makes clear that our God is a Father who disciplines His children (Hebrews 12:3–17). We must understand this carefully, however. This is a not judgment for the purpose of punishing our sins, or making us worthy of heaven. Peter has made clear in this letter that Jesus was our substitute on the cross (1 Peter 3:18). He was punished for all of our sins. That judgment is complete.

The judgment Peter refers to here is for the purpose of purifying our faith (1 Peter 1:6–7). It is meant to draw us to trust God more deeply, to abandon our hope of finding satisfaction in anything apart from Him. It's our faith, our trust in Him, which our Father values in us. He values it so much that He is willing to allow us to experience great suffering to help us grow fully dependent on Him.

Peter further makes a sobering point regarding God's judgment. God is willing to allow His dearly loved children to suffer under his judgment, in order to purify and rescue them. Con

8 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

I agree, God gave us Laws Stautes and Ordinances in the OT that people reject as they think they are not valid for the life of a Christian.

The festivals we are told to attend, the gatherings are clearly detailed to help become acquainted with eachother.

So when the Church leader doesnt have high regard for all these things is it because he shouldnt be leading (for lack of knowledge)?

What are the sheep meant to do?

Do they find somewhere that does? (that would mean leaving the church or becoming divided between the fellowship).

If we are all responsible for eachother then why do we not get a fully integrated service where the leader/s are humble to the youngest in question?

Why isnt EVERYONE given the oportunity to give the service?

Or... What do we need a church leader for if we are leading our own church using Gods word as gathered?

Only asking

I do not claim to know (remember I left the church for these very reasons...and some)

:)

I had to take a long nap....back to your questions....

The Church leader should be very skilled in the knowledge of the Bible and its meaning before becoming a leader....IMHO...

The sheep are not helpless nor without blame as to the condition of the church....they are to study the Word for themselves and know whether there is err in the leaders teaching....most churches have board members that direct and some even dictate to the pastor what they want taught....not good to do this but it happens a lot....and if a pastor starts teaching other doctrines outside their beliefs he tends to get a warning then voted out...

Many churches share and take turns in the teaching of the Word....it's up to that particular church....

The Bible tells us to be under the authority of a leader....such as a preacher....so that there is a maintaining of order in the House of God.....Pastors have a huge responsibility to take necessary actions when there are disruptions and chaos in the sanctuary...

A true leader is a humble leader and does not exhort himself above his flock but rather serves them in the capacity of love and compassion for the Truth of God's Word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

Here is a church

"constitution"

www.hisholychurch.net/mission.php

www.hisholychurch.net/home.php

I have found online (I am not affiliated before anyone pipes in I found it looking for on topic look at what other churches see as a healthy congregation, I offer it in good faith for the point of identifying what this particular church states as a worthy missision and as it outlines the duties of the church itself).

It covers alot of what is being discussed in this thread and I found it interesting as it covers all aspects of what a church is meant to do and the key word in all of this is to SERVE.

Edited by Dan_79
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

Here is a church

"constitution"

www.hisholychurch.net/mission.php

www.hisholychurch.net/home.php

I have found online (I am not affiliated before anyone pipes in I found it looking for on topic look at what other churches see as a healthy congregation, I offer it in good faith for the point of identifying what this particular church states as a worthy missision and as it outlines the duties of the church itself).

It covers alot of what is being discussed in this thread and I found it interesting as it covers all aspects of what a church is meant to do and the key word in all of this is to SERVE.

Amen to that!....

• Praise God! 1