• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Opinions vary,  BUT TRUTH DOES NOT .   

With that I firmly agree. When I say "Opinions vary", it is a response to someone stating a naked opinion (without any scriptural or logical supporting proof).;)

• Group:  Royal Member

50 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Opinions vary,  BUT TRUTH DOES NOT .    and as for the second part of where you said Imagine you got new revelation that said that it would not affect my christain

walk if I slep around on my wife ,      THAT WOULD BE OF DARKNESS.     TRUTH would never reveal such a thing .   No revelation that contradicts TRUTH,   IS TRUTH OR OF TRUTH.

You got a real dangerous and deadly way of seeing things .    A real,  how to put it , interfaith way of seeing things .  as in you have your truth and maybe someone elses

truth don't match yours , YET its still truth LIE .    THIS IS LIES .    This is extremely dangerous .    the way you reason is extremely dangerous .

TIME to start over .    IF anything contradicts the revelation TRUTH of what is IN that BIBLE ,   ITS A LIE .     Universalism many paths is a LIE .

Don't matter if you claim to not be one   , the very fact you said OPINIONS vary ,   gives away where your heart is .     VERY DANGEROUS boat you are in .

VERY DANGEROUS .    You need to cease from that mindset and pray , and CRY ALOUD for the TRUTH once again.

I need to be more clear with my posts. You completely missed my point. There is little in your post I disagree with.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

With that I firmly agree. When I say "Opinions vary", it is a response to someone stating a naked opinion (without any scriptural or logical supporting proof).;)

Just now, Still Alive said:

I need to be more clear with my posts. You completely missed my point. There is little in your post I disagree with.

Staying alive take this as a good thing .    me eye shall be a watching you .    but are we not to test what all say .    

I seen another answer of yours and your reasonings are off.     THEIR is no such thing as new revelation which contradicts the bible,  OH wait

their is , its just that it is of darkness.   You reason like a intellectual would .    and chief,   while the world might pat your back and praise you on that

I do NOT .    Lets return to BIBLE ONLY reading and get some stuff burned out .  

54 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HEY GIDEON.     My response to STILL ALIVE , was the sentence if you are a universalists its a lie and you are not saved .

THIS was his response .    AND NOTICE the FIRST TWO WORDS .  OPINIONS VARY .      Your boy needs heavy correction .  SEE this is the stuff I am talking about .

HE did not response with YES ITS A LIE .   HE said opinions vary , THEN he goes on to say he is not one .   SOUNDS A LOT LIKE OPRAH WIMPHREY

who says while she is a christain ,  she still believes other paths save and JESUS is not the ONLY way.

STAYING ALIVE did not say ITS FALSE , HE SAID opinions vary .     HE can try all day to NOW come and counter,   BUT what was in his heart CAME OUT .

GIDEON,   you wonder why I am so concerned about this big end time awakening .     HERE is part of that reason.   NOW either you did not read this

post ,    OR you already know what staying alive believes and yet you stay YOKED with him.    This is deadly serious .

My advice is ,   you better rebuke that man .   Do not make excuse for him .  HE said enough to paint a picture .     Its the WAY he answered Gideon .

You both fully admitted to me you have known each other for years .    So you got a choice now .   REBUKE the man or make excuse for him .   

Now you aint the one being accused of this .      But this is not good at all Gideon .    THIS needs heavy correction .    Opinoins might vary ,  BUT TRUTH DONT . 

I have to confess that you have a pretty strong opinion there. ;)

I'm finding, the last few years, that as I study the bible in earnest, I am changing some of my doctrines. Some are just minor tweaks, while others are major shifts. The very first, about 30 years ago, was when I switched from pre-trib to mid-trib (really Post-trib, pre-wrath). The biggest was 9 years ago when I switched from ECT to CI. Recently I've been doing a lot of research regarding the Greek words aion and aionios and their Hebrew counterpart, owlam/olam.

When you really get into the original biblical texts, all sorts of meanings shift. It can drastically change your perspective regarding the teachings of Christ and his apostles.

This brings us into the universalism thing. I'm not afraid to study any and all teachings that use scripture for support. The latest for me to study is universalism. I read the arguments made by universalists as well as those that believe it is wrong or right out of the pit o' hell, and then let the truth percolate to the top. I try to take a Berean attitude toward the whole thing, and I think it is the best attitude to take.

If I've already studied all (or most) sides of an issue and have an opinion, I'm less likely to entertain the arguments of those against that opinion. But if I have an opinion simply because it is what I was taught, and I never really studied it, I'm still in "spiritual milk" mode, and need to do my own Berean research. I've found that one of two things usually happens.

1. My mind is changed.

2. My mind is NOT changed, and I not only continue to hold my old views, but can now much more powerfully defend them.

Both of the above are good things.

But I do not respond to accusations of YOU ARE TALKING BLASPHEMY! without scriptural support of those charges. I recently moved to the bible belt and spent a lot of time in small, local Baptist churches. I got a lot of that attitude from people that could not take the first real step to support their position. It is simply what they've been taught since they were a kid in VBS, by teachers who simply believed it because it was what they had been taught since they were in VBS, etc...

Just as the printing press gave us the reformation, the internet is purifying Christian teaching. We are going through a major change in the church. This is a good thing. The truth has nothing to fear, but lies have a great deal to fear.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It means we are to test the spirits and not gullibly fall for every teaching that comes down the pike.

There will be those that teach cheap grace for sure, underemphasizing the great cost of Christ's shed blood for our salvation, even denying it's power and instead, giving us '1-2-3  steps to spiritual victory'.

A red herring, if that was intended to address my post you quoted.

God already dwells in us as born again children of God. We already have a new nature..His, and s such our desire is toward Him. Sorry to hear satan has set his hook in your mouth (your confession) but the blood of Jesus can dissolve that hook through repentance and confession (btw,  who'd want to capitalize 'satan'?)

Don't know, but whatever I said about testing the Spirits against Scripture) seemed to rattle your cage a bit. Conviction?

Where do I start?

Of course we are to test the spirits. I have never said otherwise. As to it bothering me, why would it? I agree.

We all need to be like the Bereans and open our Bibles in front of the Lord and ask Him if He meant it when He said He would not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist it. And we are to ask ourselves if we are walking in real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. If not.... and it bothers us.... we might do well to at least consider what is being said. 

Brother, I am a bit confused. You are basically saying everything necessary to label me a false teacher, and you are worried I am aiming things at you? That makes no sense. As to my question, would you be so kind as to answer it instead of dodging it completely with your red herring comment? Again, why would satan be found urging Christians on to holiness so that they can walk victoriously over..... him? A real answer this time please. 

As to your comment about capitalizing satan, LOL, your blows are going lower, LOL. I type on an iPad and it automatically capitalizes it. Normally I catch it, but that one slipped through. :) 

As to testing the Spirits with scripture, why would that bother me or convict me? I agree. As to it rattling my cage, you continue to walk closer and closer to the line of attacking the messenger rather than simply, on love, refuting the post itself.  I am not bothered by it, however, as long as it gives me further opportunity to share the message that we are able to walk as overcomers. 

Regardless of our differences brother, we are commanded to love one another and pray for those we do not agree with. I hope we can do that. 

Blessings, Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HEY GIDEON.     My response to STILL ALIVE , was the sentence if you are a universalists its a lie and you are not saved .

THIS was his response .    AND NOTICE the FIRST TWO WORDS .  OPINIONS VARY .      Your boy needs heavy correction .  SEE this is the stuff I am talking about .

HE did not response with YES ITS A LIE .   HE said opinions vary , THEN he goes on to say he is not one .   SOUNDS A LOT LIKE OPRAH WIMPHREY

who says while she is a christain ,  she still believes other paths save and JESUS is not the ONLY way.

STAYING ALIVE did not say ITS FALSE , HE SAID opinions vary .     HE can try all day to NOW come and counter,   BUT what was in his heart CAME OUT .

GIDEON,   you wonder why I am so concerned about this big end time awakening .     HERE is part of that reason.   NOW either you did not read this

post ,    OR you already know what staying alive believes and yet you stay YOKED with him.    This is deadly serious .

My advice is ,   you better rebuke that man .   Do not make excuse for him .  HE said enough to paint a picture .     Its the WAY he answered Gideon .

You both fully admitted to me you have known each other for years .    So you got a choice now .   REBUKE the man or make excuse for him .   

Now you aint the one being accused of this .      But this is not good at all Gideon .    THIS needs heavy correction .    Opinoins might vary ,  BUT TRUTH DONT . 

Brother, are you aware that I have never had a phone call, e mail, PM, text, snail mail or carrier pigeon message from Still Alive. 

I love your zeal but you need to temper your assumptions. If you do not agree with what I share, fine. I do not agree with all you share either. But you have a quickness about you that is not patient and much of what you have said based upon what you believe you hear me saying, I have openly denied. Yet that has made no difference to  you. 

Tou have asked me tons of questions, I have patiently answered them to the best of my ability. And even when I answer that my beliefs are not new age, or Oprah Winfrey, or  universalit, or the emergent church, and I openly disavow them, it matters not to you. You plow on ahead anyway. Do you believe I am lying when I say these things..... all because I do believe there will be an awakening and you do not? 

Frankly, it  seems to me you would be thrilled to have someone encouraging others to press into holiness but you have acted the opposite, and it makes no sense at all to me. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

15 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Staying alive take this as a good thing .    me eye shall be a watching you .    but are we not to test what all say .    

I seen another answer of yours and your reasonings are off.     THEIR is no such thing as new revelation which contradicts the bible,  OH wait

their is , its just that it is of darkness.   You reason like a intellectual would .    and chief,   while the world might pat your back and praise you on that

I do NOT .    Lets return to BIBLE ONLY reading and get some stuff burned out .  

I'm not talking about new revelation that contradicts the bible. I'm talking about new knowledge imparted to me. e.g. getting a scripture that I didnt' get before, or studying the greek or Hebrew words behind the English words in my bibles.

About 8 years ago I was told by a friend who was getting  a masters in a "greek and Hebrew studies" related area at a Christian college. I asked what the best translation of the bible was and she said, "they are all flawed. The only way to truly understand it is to become an expert in the languages in which the  books of the bible were originally written."

I saw this as, "I guess I'll never know, because I'm not going to get that much into the weeds. But thanks to the internet, here I am, getting into exactly those weeds. And, to be honest, for going on five years now listening to the bible on my daily 3 hour commute has given me an explosion in both my knowledge of scripture as well as questions raised.

I will reject someone's teaching "out of hand", but only if it is a teaching I'm very familiar with. And even then I might get into it with them a little bit. But if they go into raw dogmatism mode, I'm outa there.

15 minutes ago, Gideon said:

As to your comment about capitalizing satan, LOL, your blows are going lower, LOL. I type on an iPad and it automatically capitalizes it. Normally I catch it, but that one slipped through. :) 

I capitalize Satan. It is a proper noun. Proper nouns are capitalized.

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Tom: "I had a vision where the Lord shown me a great revival in the Last Days"

Fred: "I had a vision where the Lord shown me a great falling away in the Last Days".

Who to believe?

Folks, get your answers from Scripture. We do know in the last days false prophets will abound...

Matthew 24:11 NKJV
[11] Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Matthew 24:24 NKJV
[24] For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Easy to answer that brother.......the answer is both.  The two don't preclude one another....it's the falling away of the unfaithful and the "revival" of the faithful.  But what I'm seeing in scripture the word revival doesn't do justice to, it is something much greater than a revival.....more like it's the consummation of the mystery of God and the church age, at the end of it.  And I know it's hard to fathom.

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LOL, you should have asked her if those Hebrew and Greek lexicons and grammar books were without flaws.

Well, to be fair, I was overgeneralizing my quote. The bottom line is that every level is just better than the one below it. Getting all of your understanding from a single English translation is the poorest method to really understand. Getting it from multiple versions is better. Comparing to a lexicon is better yet. Comparing to multiple lexicons is even better.

But at the end of the day it is prayer and an actual relationship with Him that matters. And the more complete that relationship, the easier it is to understand the meaning of scripture, even if you only have a single bible at your disposal.

• Thumbs Up 1