• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

The question is, how much sin does one have to commit again and again, even if every time he trusts he is forgiven, before the Lord simply sees the man is taking advantage of His mercy. 

I fully believe that for new Christians, a man can fall multiple times a day and each time, with repentance, he can be fully restored to fellowship with the Lord. But what of a man or woman who has now walked ten years  in the Lord. At what point does the Lord perceive he is really not seeking a way out of sin at all, and is using grace as a covering to continue to “sin a little”  without ever truly needing to be changed. 

Rhe Lord sees deep into our thoughts and the intents of our hearts. Are we longing as Paul did to be freed from a nature where sin is never truly defeated, or are we simply hiding under a false grace that allows us to live pretty much as we want, as long as we do not commit the “biggies”..... adultery, theft, murder? 

Walking in holiness is far more than avoiding the breaking of the Ten Commandments. It is yielding to His leading in all areas of our life, obeying His voice in ALL things. 

The question is, do we believe this is possible? If not, then we need to specify how much sin we CAN commit so we can always stay on the safe side of judgment. How much is too much?  And if our answer is that one willful sin is too many, then the question needs to become “Lord, I need a miracle! How do I obey you in all rhings??”

Blessings, 

Gideon

The question is really, who judges your actions as sin or not.  You may think that you have not sinned minus the so called biggies as you mentioned, but what about your everyday walk and engagements.  Have you ever had your conscience bother you and for what reason.  You see the total package of sin in your eyes, but the Lord is the judge of all.  As I mentioned in previous post, then no reason at all for the sinless person now to say the Lord's prayer and ask for forgiveness, because why should you as you have done  nothing wrong .   You are  falling right into the trap of the enemy.  You want to equate yourself as with Christ on this earth, but that is impossible.  There is a time coming for that as he would allow us to share in his eternal glory, but it is for a future time.   

Those who think they can live a sinless perfected life here are only fooling themselves and it all amounts to works.   Now, we should strive for absolute holiness as scripture admonishes us to ,but we must recognize that we are not yet perfected and that comes with glorification.   The believer rest on the what was done at the cross for him and our righteousness is not of our own, but we are made righteous through Christ redemptive work.

I would think all believers and I don't use the word believers lightly, as a believer is one who accepts the whole counsel and teaching of the word and strives to obey it.   We can lie to others but not to ourselves.  What you are promoting is for lots of people to fall into a guilt trap as if they ever sin, then it can cause catastrophic consequences as they may think they have failed to please God.  No matter how long you have been a believer, you are still a child to the master and can fail at times and yes you may be scolded, but not forsaken.   

Please note , I am not against holiness and living a righteous life, this is what the gospel encourages and teaches us to do, but  I have to be realistic about the live we live here and know our human frame too.   

You had a visitation and something happened to you.  I don't know how many had any of those kind of things.  I do know that the spiritual world as mentioned in Ephesians exit and I have been in many terrible battle that proved it to me.   I just pray brother that your visitation was truly from the Lord and not satan as he can come in as an angel of light.  I know this may sound harsh, but I have had situations that showed me how deceptive the dragon is and  have experienced many of his schemes and methods.  You can't outfox him though, and hence the reason we rest in the bosom of Christ.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Here’s a crazy idea......if we sin ,we do the same thing with it that God does——put it on the cross! If you are in the Body of Christ, your sins are already forgiven .Asking for forgiveness will restore the broken fellowship that exists since you committed the sin.As far as Salvation is concerned,there is no effect.God’s Grace covers the sin and God may choose to chastise the guilty party so they do not “get away with it”. For His Own sake, God will “remember the sin no more”. There is no need to rely on “ lucky repentance”, that is making sure that sin is marked off your backlog of unrepented sins before you die, lest you be damned for your lack of quickness in scratching that off your list. ( never mind the sins we missed or forgot , and let’s not even go down the road of “sins of omission” )  God loved us enough when we were His enemies , that He sacrificed His Son on the Cross for us.If you are now His child instead of a foe, He will get us home—-even if He has to kick us in the seat pants all the way there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Its become apparent that you have to be of the click around here to be here. 

This thread is about being born again of the spirit. Much if not most of Christians today have a wrong thinking that the organized church has given them. I have shared the God given truth. you can't be born again of the spirit unless your relationship is in the spirit. How many times do you go to your prayer closet on your knees. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

39 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

This thread is about being born again of the spirit. Much if not most of Christians today have a wrong thinking that the organized church has given them. I have shared the God given truth. you can't be born again of the spirit unless your relationship is in the spirit. How many times do you go to your prayer closet on your knees. 

Just wondering,who are in the cliques?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gideon said:

Thanks for rescuing me from the tar and feathers, LOL. But in truth, I personally think that taking the Lord’s makes,e in vain  was summed up quite nicely by Behold’s post. See if you agree. 

Nice to see you again. 

Gideon

Cont; 

and now,  Tar and Feathered??

Gideon!  you better start acting right! LOL :)

much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Can i join the click ? Lol.

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Whose clique?lol

Well, i heard Yowm might have one. I have to go with the gospel lol.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Well, i heard Yowm might have one. I have to go with the gospel lol.

Let's get on the gospel train :) my ticket is paid for ,one way trip! :) Did you get yours?There's no return :)

• Loved it! 1

Just now, angels4u said:

Let's get on the gospel train :) my ticket is paid for ,one way trip! :) Did you get yours?There's no return :)

I have my one way ticket !

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

12 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I have my one way ticket !

What makes you so sure? 

I make questions and statements the go against the grain so  we may see the error of thinking taught by the established Church 

No one corrects me which shows there are errors. This puts me outside the click of established thinking. I would like Gideon's view

but he seems to stay  with in the click. A click Is like a wall that shuts others out even if they speak the truth. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1