• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

The Bible never says he remained saved.  

The Bible says he was eventually welcomed back into the church.His Salvation was never in question. Had he not abandoned his sin I believe God would have taken his life.....He did it to those who insulted the Communion Service....the man’s vile sins were covered by the Blood,just like ours....his faith saved him....just like us

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

The hope was he would be chastised with the destruction of his flesh so he would repent and be saved.

AND we read in the SECOND LETTER IT DID WORK that man did repent .    IT DID WORK .  the HOPE is to get them to repent .    SPOT ON butero.

and second corithinas , that letter PROVED that correction DOES WORK .      OH IT DO .    Not on all,  but if we don't follow THIER PATTERN , their is NO CHANCE .

Todays churches have long fallen asleep, most have .    Well persecution is coming and the very trials of our faith we soon be tested unlike what the western socities

have seen .  

• Group:  Royal Member

9 hours ago, Gideon said:

And he was not assured that all was well, despite his vile sin. . He was put out of the congregation in hopes of him repenting. Are you saying that if he had refused to repent, that he still would have been saved and heard “Well done, though goood and faithful servant“?

If he believed the Gospel of Paul , given to him by Jesus,his salvation was guaranteed or perhaps Jesus was not aware that there would be those that would commit vile sins somewhere down the road. I’m sure God had many tools at His disposal to get this vile sinner back on track.At least he was not a murderer like David.If God can forgive David, he can forgive anyone.God could make this man so miserable , he would likely be very glad to repent......and in the end he relented,he was welcomed back into the church.Had the fool not repented God would probably taken his life.I don’t believe he would have heard “well done”. I think he would be ashamed at the Bema Seat of Christ and would be one of those Paul warns us about who will “shrink back” in fear that day and will make it.....although he would make it as one who could be compared to somebody that barely avoided being killed by a fire.He made it out alive, but lost everything he could have had.Theres gonna be some very unhappy Believers at the Bema seat——- saved but unhappy.

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If he believed the Gospel of Paul , given to him by Jesus,his salvation was guaranteed or perhaps Jesus was not aware that there would be those that would commit vile sins somewhere down the road. I’m sure God had many tools at His disposal to get this vile sinner back on track.At least he was not a murderer like David.If God can forgive David, he can forgive anyone.God could make this man so miserable , he would likely be very glad to repent......and in the end he relented,he was welcomed back into the church.Had the fool not repented God would probably taken his life.I don’t believe he would have heard “well done”. I think he would be ashamed at the Bema Seat of Christ and would be one of those Paul warns us about who will “shrink back” in fear that day and will make it.....although he would make it as one who could be compared to somebody that barely avoided being killed by a fire.He made it out alive, but lost everything he could have had.Theres gonna be some very unhappy Believers at the Bema seat——- saved but unhappy.

Well look at that .     Look at the summation of this .     Even if the one continues in darkness of sin ,   HEY if he believes , HE is still saved .

Sum it up .   this is what OSAS has done .    this is what I have worried about for so long .   they teaching you absolutely cannot fall away .     I tried to tell us this was the sum of that mindset and where it leads .    PAUL said let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity and this mindset says , YOU CANT lose salvation no matter what ya do .   I was a waiting for this response .    

• Oy Vey! 1

The thing is ,  IF we don't CONTINUE in CHRIST to the end ,  we will be told I never knew you .     WE must follow and obey HIM to the end.

So many have even taken all the dire warnings God told the churches and changed it to support one cant fall away .

They have done this with the warning in romans ,  in corithains ,  in galations ,    in peter ,  with what paul said in Hebrews .  THEY changing everything to support THEIR VIEW

instead of just taking the exhortation as a good reminder ,  they change it .   THEY change it .   this is bad news .  its creating a mindset that will mold ever more to the world .

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

What personal attack???

Butero onward into the trenches ,  the peoples must be continually exhorted .     Their is living proof , written proof in that BIBLE

that Paul had told the congregation to deliver such a one over to destruction of the flesh .   THEY did , they separated him out

and by the time of the next letter ,   HE had repented and was welcomed back in .  PAUL tells HOW godly sorrow works to repentance not to be repented of .

SEE the PATTERN JESUS sets , DOES WORK .   but the enemy knows that ,  this is why the dark one sold a bill of goods that just lets some folks think MAN we saved no matter what .

INSTEAD of being serious and correcting which would work ,  they just got worse and worse and worse .    WE must return to the BE YE HOLY attitude the early church taught .

TO the GO and sin no more lest something worse come upon you attitude .  TO the LET all who names the name of Christ depart from inquity attitude .

We must behold Both the goodness and severity of GOD .    The early church preached the ammo NECESSARY for the DAILY FIGHT IN JESUS .  this age DOES NOT

and now we are entering into such a falling away.     We going to be hated butero .    REJIOCE in the LORD and pray , always let us pray the good for all.

by warning and by encouraging , by being grave and compassionate . BUT DOING as the early church DID .   LET not one ounce of their pattern be changed .   ONWARD .  IN THE LORD

by the POWER of HIS grace , HIS SPIRIT , let all be faithful and continue IN THE ONE WHO SAVES and is able to KEEP us from falling .    ONWARD , onward in the LORD .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Rather.."I never knew you."

And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
(Mat 7:23)

And does this not confirm what we have not yet seemed to figure out? If we know Him, we WILL do those things He commands us. 

The question that needs to be asked is not “Once someone is saved, can they lose their salvation?” but rather “Are we truly saved if we do not want to obey Him in all things?” 

Jesus said “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord’, and not do those things I command you?” It is a good question. And it begs an answer. Better we answer it now, even if it forces us to change our theology, than to try to answer it on that day, when there is no chance for repentance. 

Blessings,

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, Yowm said:

you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
(1Co 5:5)

And if the man refused to give up his fleshly sin, and  chose to remain in the vile relationship, his spirit would not be saved. Is that not evident? 

Do you realize how many there are who have strayed from the Lord, and fallen in to deep sin, still thinking that because of their salvation experience years prior, that they needn’t worry? Are we to assure these lost souls that all is still well for them no matter how deep the darkness takes them but “It sure would be great to see you back at church.”?

blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member

10 hours ago, Gideon said:

Who were those people at the judgment that said “Lord, Lord, have we not.....?” Did they not say their salvation prayer right? These were not nominal church goers. They were casting our demons, etc. You see, they were deceived into thinking all was well when in fact it was not the case. 

What was the final criteria? What cinched the deal as.to who missed the cut? The words to Jesus Himself.

”Depart from me, all ye that work iniquity.”

Notice that all those that were told “ I never knew you” had one thing in common. “ W E” did this “W E” did that.Not one word About what Jesus did.Not one word about the Shed Blood that was the only thing that saved anybody.For all the work they did, they wanted what they deserved.God gave them what they deserved— damnation.Jesus wants all the glory.He earned it. Nobody else .If it has never dawned on you that His Shed Blood is the ONLY thing that saves you , go ahead and tell Jesus about all the good things YOU did, impress Him with how you resisted all those things that you really wanted to do, show Him that your repentance scorecard was up- to - date the day you died.Jesus is looking for those that sincerely worship Him and know why.Two things save us—— Christ’s Blood and our faith.You will be rewarded for acts done in faith if you are saved.First things first....Put your faith in the Blood only or you won’t have to worry about any rewards

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

No. It is evident that the church was to hand him over to satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit may be saved IN THE DAY OF THE LORD. That is what is evident.

And the good news was ,  IT DID WORK .    that is the beauty of doing things the way JESUS taught and the apostels taught .  IF we simply do that , IT WORKS .

If we don't that is when problems arise .     So throw those hands up and praise the LORD .   the man who had his fathers wife , REPENTED by the work of the holy ghost,

working first through paul , then to the church who corrected him ,  then on the man who was corrected.  ALL was the work of the SPIRIT

and we should desire men to repent .   So again leap up and praise the LORD .