ayin jade

PETA to post billboard near border comparing cow families to migrants

1sheep and artsylady both removed from the thread for getting personal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, artsylady said:

I am done.  You can all do a collective cheer and go right back to former beliefs without have to change a thing!   Yay!  If this is you, you can stop reading now.  Thanks.

My own personal motto is learn, change, grow and I hope to continue to do that my entire life.  I want to increase in knowledge, compassion and empathy as long as I live.  I have only one life to do so, so I have to make the best of it.

As a Christian, you are supposed to learn, change, grow using scripture as your guidepost, not feelings, and not secular society.  Perhaps your learning, changing and growing will someday lead you to the realization that you don't have to take veiled, back-handed slaps at people when they disagree with you.

For those who also feel this way and might just want to take an honest glimpse at another side, there are so many amazing vegan options these days - we don't need to consume the homormal secretions from other mammals.  (and we wonder why we have so many health issues!)   Some of the plant based cheeses are so close you would not even know the difference.  Plant based steaks, chicken etc are evolving every day to the point where you would not even know it was not the flesh of an animal caged and mistreated it's entire life.   I urge honest, caring, Christians to take a look at the other side.  You may do so and for whatever reason, choose not to eat less meat, but please at least give it an open minded and fair shake.  Thanks to you other wisely-silent people for listening.

Thank  you.  Thank you for so richly illustrating the hypocrisy of a large swath of vegetarians.  They don't want to eat meat, and they don't want other people eating it either.  You have made that abundantly clear.   But they want their veggie stuff to look like meat.  To taste like meat.   To feel like meat.  Doesn't that remove every single reason to be a vegan in the first place?  I want a carrot to taste like a carrot.  I don't grind it, shape it and add flavoring to it to turn it into a sausage link.   But you want your kale to look, taste and feel like cheddar cheese.  We hear "processed, processed, processed," from you over, and over and over.  Nothing is supposed to be processed, according to you.  Except veggies.  It's OK to process the living daylights out of veggies.  Process them so hard they squeal.   Process them, and this is really amusing, to make them taste like meat, cheese, or eggs.   Which you don't want anyone to eat.   Not to mention that all this processing of veggies actually directly violates your mantra of making food cheaper so that we can "feed the poor."  Even though all this processing makes the veggies cost more.   Cost more so you can make them taste like "rich people's" meat.

Edited by Cobalt1959
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/12/2018 at 7:10 AM, artsylady said:

As far as plant based 'meat' and 'cheese', most vegans don't give up meat and cheese because we hate the taste of these things.   We hate the cruelty in the industry and that God's creatures are being so badly abused in it.   So the alternatives taste good and are cruelty free.   It's a win-win.  Thanks for asking.

You hate the industry, but you want to imitate what that industry does, and produce products that look, taste, and feel just like what that industry produces.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You hate the industry, but you want to imitate what that industry does, and produce products that look, taste, and feel just like what that industry produces.

It's so ironic isn't it?:rofl: 

• Thumbs Up 1