• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Spock on star trek knew about nixon???

Nailed it. :)

One of my favorite Star Trek one liners. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Nailed it. :)

One of my favorite Star Trek one liners. :)

It puzzled me since the original series aired years prior to nixon going to china. The quote itself is attributed to a source other than star trek. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It puzzled me since the original series aired years prior to nixon going to china. The quote itself is attributed to a source other than star trek. 

The movie, The Wrath of Khan.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

37 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The movie, The Wrath of Khan.

Eh not really a favorite movie of mine. That explains my befuddlement.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, dr3032 said:

Honestly, I was kind of backing Bush until the NSA issue came up. Shameful of me, I know.

Trump has done a fine job, a great job as president. His character has little to do with his ability to run the office. I may not be very fond of him, but I don't take much issue with him either.

It still amazes me that many people remember Obama fondly. George tried to get the economy back up by pumping money into it, which has never worked. Not to mention all the disaster and strife present during his presidency; war, hurricane, terrorism, etc... Then Obama gets in and he spends well over twice as much as Bush did and all he did was put in place policies that did nothing more than levy on the people more heavily. 

Plus under Obama, no Social Security increases for senior citizens.   Many have small social security checks to begin with....Obama just made it worse.    Meanwhile the rents, etc, kept going up.  At least Bush sent seniors a $300 check to make up for no Social Security increase that year.  Hopefully under President Trump helping the economy, seniors will get an increase this coming new year.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Plus under Obama, no Social Security increases for senior citizens.   Many have small social security checks to begin with....Obama just made it worse.    Meanwhile the rents, etc, kept going up.  At least Bush sent seniors a $300 check to make up for no Social Security increase that year.  Hopefully under President Trump helping the economy, seniors will get an increase this coming new year.

Good teaser article from Motley Fool https://www.fool.com/retirement/2018/07/08/an-early-peek-at-social-securitys-2019-cola.aspx

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

I have been a Trump supporter from day 1 I heard him speak .. Never watched his TV show but when he spoke about not being politically correct but back to common sense it was like a breath of fresh air . I see a lot of old school qualities in him and his tell it like it is way appeals to me .. Many Trump supporters were also Obama supporters in the beginning and were proud to see Obama as the first black president until he shifted to the New World Order nonsense and imo anti-constitution rhetoric, trade deals were being sold for personal profit .. Trump also used his own money primarily so he wouldn't owe favors to certain factions , almost unbelievable .. Many true Christians saw  where we've been headed and been praying for years for our nation .. Trump was answer to my prayers .. In 2012 I think , congress passed the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act overiding the original Smith Mundt act of 1948 which made it against the law for lies and propaganda to be used against the American citizens by the government , the new law makes it legal to use any means of propaganda and the MSM is full of FAKE NEWS these days and imo deep state driven .. Trump has done much for Christian Americans imo and hold regular prayer meetings .. I say look at who opposes him and judge rightly what he says , don't fall into the trap of not thinking and praying on matters .. If Trump has professed faith in Jesus and I think he has then God will correct him, the Stormy Daniels thing is proof if it's true .. Every body gets a pass except him it seems and she has been exalted meanwhile . But he has shown he supports Israel not in word only but in deed , more answered prayers . I also think his election has set back ''Mystery Babylon'' and is helping hold it back for now from where we were fast approaching and eventually will end , but not now .. No drugs, smoking or drinking (better man than me) unlike most politicians is a plus and many things he has did were promised by other presidents for the last 30 yrs but neglected after their elections, A border wall has been made law 30 yrs ago for instance, it is law .. I thank God for Trump and believe God intended for him to be president at the right time .. I never would have dreamed he would be so opposed at every turn by so many folks which I see as separating the sheep from the goats by God .

Me personally, my youngest son was promoted to plant manager since Trump has been elected and looking into opening a franchised restaurant at the NC coast in the future . My oldest who is also high up in a national company has been told (this week actually) that within two years he will be promoted to Chief Operating officer and co-owner of his company right now with 100 million a year company with 20% growth this year alone , thanks in part to our economy . They are both 40 and under .. Thank you Jesus and long live President Trump ..

And I never could understand why poor folks vote the same dems in year after year who want open borders to unskilled illegal immigrants who flood the unskilled job market competing with and making wages stay low .. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

Interesting that not one person here thinks badly of President Trumps performance.  It doesn't appear to hard to work out that what he is doing is best for America.  

Can I ask one last question though. The national debt is over 21 Trillion. An increase of 2 trillion since he came in. 

Going forward this is a concern. Do you see him reducing it before his term is up? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, brujaq said:

Trump has done much for Christian Americans imo and hold regular prayer meetings

President Trump has aided religious liberty, but based on every word that comes out of his mouth, he IS NOT A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST.

The President showed the whole world that he is willing to take a subservient role to a foreign power. In his own words:

"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!"

The President went on to say "I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,"

HE IS TAKING THE WORD OF A FORMER KGB AGENT on equal footing with data collected by thousands of individuals in numerous government intelligent agencies.

Not even a hint that the relationship with Russia MIGHT BE DUE TO THE BEHAVIOR OF THE RUSSIANS!

This man is a chauvinist, a bigot, has a problem with telling the truth, and any behavior resembling that of a Christian is a product of his attempt to appeal to his base. And now we can add, our President is following the lead of the President of a foreign power.