• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Where is the evidence that his business empire is being enriched through the presidency?

Let's just look at stays in his own properties. But realize that his business empire has been enriched in many other ways.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/news/a9923/doanld-trump-mar-a-lago/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/how-much-time-trump-spends-trump-properties-mar-lago-n753366

A December 2017 report stated that he spent 171 days at Trump properties. Are you suggesting he footed the bill for those? It was estimated that each trip cost taxpayers $3 million. Please explain how this is not profiting his financial holdings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Alternatively, we can directly look at what President Trump says and does. I don't need any type of news agency to tell me whether or not his words and deeds exemplify a person committed to Christ.

You still only see the outward appearance presented by the media, which hates him. 

I saw video of a college football player that asked if he could pray for the president, and trump quietly prayed with that player and other players that joined in. 

I have heard from multiple pastors that joined him in prayer breakfasts where he openly discussed Christ and his faith. 

I have talked to someone who was in a political meeting with trump and was impressed by his humble demeanor and courtesy during the meeting. 

I know of 2 actions by his kids where they physically helped someone in situations that most americans would not have lifted a finger. You dont hear of chelsea clinton or malia obama doing things like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

42 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I chimed in because of the OP, which wasn't asking about specific policies.

This is my opinion - I believe President Trump is a habitual liar, an adulterer, a bigot, a xenophobe, a misogynist, and a narcissist. It is also my opinion that he wanted to be President for his own personal gain as well as his love for the country. I base this on his own words and actions, without the need for any TV commentator from the right or the left. I believe he truly does want to MAGA, but I find very little evidence that he has "his Maker on his side". I agree with the OP, that will limit his ability to MAGA.

The OP didn't ask about specific policies, but asked for thoughts. I've given my thoughts. If you want to talk specific policies, you may want to make a different thread.

I personally am so tired of hearing the word “misogynistic”. No one used this word before. It was a rarity. Because of this word women are put in positions whether they are the best qualified or not. Men who may be best qualified are not promoted. I am so glad this man, Trump, puts quality and experience above equality. Women doing equal tasks should be paid the same as a man but I cringe at that word. So as not to be misogynistic Canada has equal no. Of men and women in Trudeau’s cabinet.really!! Does quality and intellect and experience no longer count only what sex you are? Trump chose the best qualified...bigot, xenophobe...good! I’m rebelling! 

Edited by Littlelambseativy

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Let's just look at stays in his own properties. But realize that his business empire has been enriched in many other ways.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/news/a9923/doanld-trump-mar-a-lago/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/how-much-time-trump-spends-trump-properties-mar-lago-n753366

A December 2017 report stated that he spent 171 days at Trump properties. Are you suggesting he footed the bill for those? It was estimated that each trip cost taxpayers $3 million. Please explain how this is not profiting his financial holdings.

Trump's businesses  have been losing money since the campaign.   

http://time.com/money/4438779/donald-trump-brand-foot-traffic-foursquare/

https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/09/news/trump-scotland-business-loses-millions/index.html

http://news.groopspeak.com/report-trumps-hotel-business-plummets-59-due-to-world-boycott/

Even Maralago is taking a hit and is losing customers. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mar-lago-losing-palm-171445851.html

https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/19/news/companies/trump-mar-a-lago-fundraisers/index.html

https://skift.com/2017/08/21/trumps-mar-a-lago-resort-is-losing-events-as-organizers-balk-at-controversy/

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

30 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I have read one account that James Dobson believes that Trump is a baby Christian. I would love to see more evidence. It would be awesome to show Trump himself professing Jesus Christ, but I'm almost 100% certain that has never happened. As a distant second, what other evidence from evangelical ministers exists?

How about White, Graham, Hagee and I cannot recall the minister from Texas. Then there are those who God has placed in his inner circle..Pence, Huckabee etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Some of the polls for individual states may have been in error, I'm not going to go through each and every one of them to find out, but how exactly could you conduct a poll to predict electoral votes?

I don't know.  I am not a pollster.   But I am smart enough to know that you can affect outcomes and get the responses you want just by asking questions a certain way.   And one of two things happened.  Either the polls were manipulated to reflect a desired result, or the MSM simply lied about the polls. I tend to think it was the former.   The MSM has been attempting to shape public opinion, not just deliver the news.   And they used manipulated polls to do just that.  

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

How about White, Graham, Hagee and I cannot recall the minister from Texas. Then there are those who God has placed in his inner circle..Pence, Huckabee etc.

Isn't interesting that as much as Obama schmoozed with the Muslims and Communists, promoted LGBT values and gay marriage, and lied repeatedly to the American people, no one questioned his claim to be a Christian?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

Usually a candidate with good moral character aligns with the same issues that concern Christians such as being against abortion and supporting the Biblical definition of marriage for example.

In the past most Republican presidential candidates not only held the same position on these issues, but they also had what appeared to be strong moral values, so it didn't become a problem until 2016. Trump may have claimed to support the same positions as I do on many of the issues, but he also had a reputation of being a liar, a man who betrayed not one, but three wives, and broke oaths to God when he promised to love and to cherish two of his previous wives until death, so how could I trust him to be honest with me and to our country? Add in the bigotry, pettiness, impulsiveness, misogyny, obsession with wealth, pride in self, and the lack of empathy that Trump displays, and there was no way I could support or vote for him despite his position on the issues we may have agreed on.

What were you like before you got saved? What were you like as a new believer? 

According to pastors who know him and have met with him, he got saved last year. So all the sins of his past are forgiven by Christ. So why are you holding those against him?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Isn't interesting that as much as Obama schmoozed with the Muslims and Communists, promoted LGBT values and gay marriage, and lied repeatedly to the American people, no one questioned his claim to be a Christian?

Ok I was gonna stay out of this but this is absurd. You guys do know Fox News is a major news network right? They had nothing but vitriol for the man, and not only called his Christianity into question but his citizenship as well based off of.......his funny name? Coming from Hawaii which I guess isn't a real state eh? Potentially other factors? Every republican I ever met called his Christianity into question, the left didn't do it because Christianity isn't a main platform of theirs. Their platform is minority focused, so they didn't question it because it isn't a key part of their party. Now look, the left "does" have issues (quite a few) but I think their heart is in the right place but they are misguided. People shouldn't be abused for being gay. Sorry but it's true. Women shouldn't be looked down on. Sorry but I agree with that too. The country imo DOES still have race issues. Again, to me, I find that true as well. They are not wrong to champion equal treatment, what they are wrong is implying Christians are wrong for disagreeing with certain lifestyles. No Christian should have to say "I am ok with the gay lifestyle, the trans lifestyle etc" or be called a bigot for feeling that way, and though the Bible does condemn it as a sin it ALSO does mandate we treat others with love and compassion, and a bigot cannot give those things. So we cannot be bigots soley based off of dissaproving of the lifestyle. The other elephant in the room is abortion which is only moral in a purely atheiestic life view, because as Christians souls are a thing. I mean logically speaking if souls don't exist to you and the fetus doesn't (if caught early mind you) doesn't feel pain and in fact can't percieve anything to begin with, and does not have a brain (thus no personality at all), calling it a baby probably DOES sound ridiculous. That said, it'd help if Christians didn't also attack valid calls for it like medical conditions that will lead to the fetuses death on birth anyway, or the rare case of death of the mother due to potential complications. And back on the treatment of minorities, I grew up in GA. I remember highschool. I remember gay being a common slur and gay kids getting bullied. I don't recall a single so called Christian coming to their defense to stop it. They either ignored it, or laughed at it. Part of the extremism of the left is because so many Christians are acceptable of ungodly behavior themselves, but SELECTIVELY so. Sin is sin. Your lifestyle of unrepetant continual abuse is gonna land you in Hell just as quick as a gay lifestyle, so treat BOTH as equally abhorrent. If I was under the impression I was gay growing up, was bullied for it, and had no one come to my defense, I'd grow to resent the religious too.  Who wouldn't? You don't turn to your abusers if you're sane, you run away. I also recall racism being a common thing as well. Even out of high school, it ain't hard to find either. So I blame the left for being too worldly, and the right for being wildly inconsistent despite being the closest thing we have to being a "Christian" party, not to mention I find their money money money focus a bit at odds with God's message. Material wealth isn't really a big ole thing fort the Christian lifestyle, I recall a quote from Jesus himself,"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Mozart's Starling said:

Ok I was gonna stay out of this but this is absurd. You guys do know Fox News is a major news network right? They had nothing but vitriol for the man, and not only called his Christianity into question but his citizenship as well based off of.......his funny name? Coming from Hawaii which I guess isn't a real state eh? Potentially other factors? Every republican I ever met called his Christianity into question, the left didn't do it because Christianity isn't a main platform of theirs. Their platform is minority focused, so they didn't question it because it isn't a key part of their party. Now look, the left "does" have issues (quite a few) but I think their heart is in the right place but they are misguided. People shouldn't be abused for being gay. Sorry but it's true. Women shouldn't be looked down on. Sorry but I agree with that too. The country imo DOES still have race issues. Again, to me, I find that true as well. They are not wrong to champion equal treatment, what they are wrong is implying Christians are wrong for disagreeing with certain lifestyles. No Christian should have to say "I am ok with the gay lifestyle, the trans lifestyle etc" or be called a bigot for feeling that way, and though the Bible does condemn it as a sin it ALSO does mandate we treat others with love and compassion, and a bigot cannot give those things. So we cannot be bigots soley based off of dissaproving of the lifestyle. The other elephant in the room is abortion which is only moral in a purely atheiestic life view, because as Christians souls are a thing. I mean logically speaking if souls don't exist to you and the fetus doesn't (if caught early mind you) doesn't feel pain and in fact can't percieve anything to begin with, and does not have a brain (thus no personality at all), calling it a baby probably DOES sound ridiculous. That said, it'd help if Christians didn't also attack valid calls for it like medical conditions that will lead to the fetuses death on birth anyway, or the rare case of death of the mother due to potential complications. And back on the treatment of minorities, I grew up in GA. I remember highschool. I remember gay being a common slur and gay kids getting bullied. I don't recall a single so called Christian coming to their defense to stop it. They either ignored it, or laughed at it. Part of the extremism of the left is because so many Christians are acceptable of ungodly behavior themselves, but SELECTIVELY so. Sin is sin. Your lifestyle of unrepetant continual abuse is gonna land you in Hell just as quick as a gay lifestyle, so treat BOTH as equally abhorrent. If I was under the impression I was gay growing up, was bullied for it, and had no one come to my defense, I'd grow to resent the religious too.  Who wouldn't? You don't turn to your abusers if you're sane, you run away. I also recall racism being a common thing as well. Even out of high school, it ain't hard to find either. So I blame the left for being too worldly, and the right for being wildly inconsistent despite being the closest thing we have to being a "Christian" party, not to mention I find their money money money focus a bit at odds with God's message. Material wealth isn't really a big ole thing fort the Christian lifestyle, I recall a quote from Jesus himself,"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

None of that changes the fact that no one called out Obama's Christianity at least not to the degree that they are willing to call out Trump on the same thing.  I don't know if he is a Christian or not.   I didn't vote for a pastor.  I voted for a president to keep us from ending up with Hillary and he has done far, far better than his critics predicted he would.    He has not been a disappointment.   If that's a problem for you, that is something you will just have to come to grips with on your own.