• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Has the veil been torn only to those who believe in Rom 10:9.

Interesting question, Heb 13:8. Here we have two veils to consider. The literal veil in the temple and the figurative veil of Christ's flesh. The veil to the Holy of Holies is analogous to the flesh of Christ(as distinct from His body which metaphorically became the Temple after His resurrection). Both "veils" are for the purpose of access, and both are "rent" or "torn" when Christ completes His sacrifice.

Mat 27:50-51
(50)  Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
(51)  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Heb 10:18-21
(18)  Now where remission of these is (sins and iniquities), there is no more offering for sin.
(19)  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
(20)  By a new and living way, which he has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
(21)  And having an high priest over the house of God;

As far as Rom 10:9 is concerned:
(9)  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
the veil is torn regardless of who does or doesn't believe in the verse, as you put it, and anyone who confesses the Lord Jesus Christ and believes in their heart that God has raised Him from the dead in effect enters into the holiest by the blood of Christ and through the veil of His flesh.

You're welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Why do some hear and receive the calling quicker than others.

Another interesting question, Heb 13:8. I turn to the Parable of the Sower whenever this sort of issue is being discussed. The seed is the Word of God and the soil is the heart of man. Around the outside of the "mission field" the soil is packed hard with all the traffic busily skirting around but never entering. This hardpacked wayside soil of the the hardpacked heart does not provide the right conditions for the Word of God seed to take root, and in fact the seed is snatched away by the Devil at work in the world.

Another unproductive condition of the heart includes the rocky soil which is dry and unforgiving, full of the blame of God and others and not interested in sustaining a relationship with Christ, so the seed sprouts but without a moist root system of regular spiritual devotion to Christ is scorched and soon withers away.

A further hazard to productive faith in God is the heart that is a wasteland of woes, full of worries, consumed with materialistic pursuits, and overrun with myriad excuses for backsliding. This is the weedy, thorny, thistley soil where the Word of God flourishes for a time but gets choked out and dies.

When the soil of the heart is friable, fertile, and fruitful the seed of God's Word is unhindered in its growth with dramatic results.  Some hear and receive "the calling" quicker than others because the soil of their hearts is ready. A lot of work goes into some hearts before they are ready - and cultivation is ongoing for everyone if they are to continue faithfully to hear the Word of God.  

Col 1:21-23
(21)  And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled
(22)  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
(23)  If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

No - spiritual veil?

Read Jhn 19:11, handing Jesus over to Pilate

complex, or does God simply allow it to fulfill His will on earth..

your question is way too generalized to give any kind of accurate answer.

No-  Spiritual veil?    to all?    all the time?   not even one person?     answer is still No because of the way you asked it.

You are trying to apply a single verses to everyone everywhere all the time...….  and that just isn't the way it is.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

That makes sense. In a way He created the Pharisee...

Free will created the Pharisee……    God has the ability to see in the future, but doesn't necessarily make it happen.....   he gives you the choice to make decisions, but he doesn't force those decisions on you.    The Pharisee's got to where they were all by themselves for various reasons, pride and greed among them..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Does God allow spiritual blindness to exist to fulfill his purpose.

Has the veil been torn only to those who believe in Rom 10:9.

Does God give power to nonbelievers through spiritual blindness.

Why do some hear and receive the calling quicker than others.

Generally speaking the younger you are the more receptive you are to the Gospel of Christ .

Just as our natural vision degrades with age , so does our spiritual vision .

Each time a person has  dismissed / rejected  the Gospel of Christ the harder it becomes for the Spirit to enter in . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

With Scripture, there is no guessing, and Scripture trumps Google 24/7.

In fact, gaslighting was utilized in the first temptation mentioned in the Bible. Satan first prompts Eve to question what she heard God say about the tree of knowledge, and then he asserts that her account is wrong. That is gaslighting, as he caused Eve to doubt the reality of what she knew to be true (Genesis 3:1–3).

https://www.gotquestions.org/gaslighting.html

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I guess I fail to see the connection between God creating us and we we becoming what we are/ and gas lighting.

Satan didn't cause her to doubt, she was deceived through her own desires.

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.
(Gen 3:6)

The gas lighting is in Gen 3:1, 4-5, Did God really say...

Jhn 8:42-47 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

1Jo 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1Jo 2:22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1Jo 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2Jo 1:7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,609
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

26 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

In fact, gaslighting was utilized in the first temptation mentioned in the Bible. Satan first prompts Eve to question what she heard God say about the tree of knowledge, and then he asserts that her account is wrong. That is gaslighting, as he caused Eve to doubt the reality of what she knew to be true (Genesis 3:1–3).

https://www.gotquestions.org/gaslighting.html

The Bible also trumps gotquestions.

p.s. When was gasbagging first mentioned in the Bible? does google or gotquestions have the answer?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Each time a person has  dismissed / rejected  the Gospel of Christ the harder it becomes for the Spirit to enter in .

That's an interesting statement..