jmh137

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I was inches away yet I didn't lay my hands on that child. I was in my mind questioning, fearing that what if I did and he didn't make it. I didn't have enough faith. I so believe what God's word says, but I didn't, I didn't I didn't, I  I  I.....

He died. What if? So much, even so much still, as I relive it, I fear I failed so greatly.

Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for an assarion? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

The boys death was not your doing. You did not fail. If the Lord had wanted him to survive, then your lack of action would not have made a difference. Could you have done that, and brought him back? Perhaps, but only if it was Gods will, and He knew you would not act. Please do not blame yourself, or carry the guilt. Learn from this. Let this be a lesson in faith to you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

When we die it is really us waking up to the "real" world so to speak.

Greetings Dwink,

You said a mouthful here, but have you considered:

Romans 6:3-8 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

There is now a "spiritual Kingdom of God" on this earth and only those who have "died" to self may enter therein. We can only "see" this Kingdom with spiritual eyes, and when I have looked upon other TRUE Christians, I see the Kingdom of God being made manifest right before my eyes. I have had a few occasions now when I REALLY SAW and if you or anyone desires to SEE, ask God and He will manifest it to you.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

For all who read my account of the "drowning," I want to add to it, because it is a perfect example of what I wanted to talk about on the thread.

Now to my natural eye I seemed a failure, only to myself. I asked myself alot of questions. The day that it happened, it seemed to be as much about his grandmother as it was about the boy. Let me try to explain. She is about my age or maybe younger. I am 45. The boy lived with her, I think. She of course was in a state of shock and disbelief. There were alot of people there. I tried to give her and his father (her son) hope. This was before anyone knew that he wouldn't make it. She was running around in a crazy, disraught state. She would ask the paramedics "He is going to be o.k. isn't he?" They would tell her that she would have to go to the hospital and she would find out about everything there, because they continued to work with him for a very long time. Her son shook his head no at his girlfriend saying that the boy was gone, because they had given him that shot into his heart and it didn't work. The grandmother was in such a state that she would not even consider anything but him living. She disappeared for awhile. I don't know why, but I was trying to keep up with what she was doing. I did not know her personally, but I knew her name because she is a customer of mine. I walked to the side of her house because they were trying to move them in the direction of heading to the hospital. They told her that she would have to go to the hospital in another vehicle; she could not go with the child. I picked up some towels they had used and went to the back of the house. It is always my thought that people don't like me and I had already heard her say, "Who is that," when I had been so close to the boy. So, now I told her, "Please don't be angry with me. I just want to comfort you." About the time that I reached her, she went down, passed out. Now keep in mind that she would not take no for an answer about the out come. She knew he would make it. She was out. Her son came to the side and I yelled at him and told him about her. The paramedics had to come and check on her. They were trying to snap her out of it. My voice is really loud so I was saying her name. She finally came to and was setting there in a trance. They were asking her if she had hit her head. I told them no, because I broke her fall. But, she would not respond to anyone. I kept saying her name, when all at once she looked straight and said, "My baby's gone."

What happened to her in those few short minutes while she was out, I may never know. I have my own opinion though. I think maybe the little boy had been dead right when they got him out of the pool. It was a terrible accident. She thought he was with his dad and he thought he was with her. Anyway I think she saw the boy while she was out and he had told her that he wasn't coming back. There is still more to this, but all my questions, or most of them were answered as far as the boy was concerned, in the days that followed and at the funeral, at the end of that week. And that merits accounting. Because it's so wild how the Lord was working.

As usual I have went way to long. I have to go. .......jmh137