Thoughts are back

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Just when I think I mastered these thoughts.... They're back.  I just can't understand the idea of how unending torment is justice for sinners... So I'm just going to lay back... What would that be like?  Seeing as how these thoughts won't go away... I might as well do the best with them...Maybe I blasphmened the Holy Spirit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Just when I think I mastered these thoughts.... They're back.  I just can't understand the idea of how unending torment is justice for sinners... So I'm just going to lay back... What would that be like?  Seeing as how these thoughts won't go away... I might as well do the best with them...Maybe I blasphmened the Holy Spirit

I had those thoughts. Then I read this article about 9 years ago: http://www.jeremyandchristine.com/articles/eternal.php

I did a bit of reasearch and was turned. It actually happened pretty easily. As C.S. Lewis said, if there was one part of Christianity he really had a hard time with, it was that. The same was true with me. The more I read the bible and prayed, the more I understood the personality of God, and the more this departed from that personality.

Then I discovered rethinkinghell.com, which lays out the arguments for both sides. 

Then I came opon this: http://jewishnotgreek.com/

That nails the whole thing completely and succinctly. It even explains one of my issues with ECT (eternal conscious torment) - it damages the gospel.