• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!  Psalm 105:4

Nothing can thwart His promises or purpose.  As we bask in the truth of His Word and the power of His presence, we are set free.  Dr. David Jeremiah

We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God.  He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts.  A.W. Tozer

What a consolation that the Lord is always with us, no matter what we are going through.   When we don't understand or know ourselves, we can rest in the fact that the Lord knows our hearts and will bring us through to the other side of whatever the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

What a consolation that the Lord is always with us, no matter what we are going through.

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.”

Galatians 4:19 “My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you.”

Ephesians 3:17 “That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith.”

Col 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2 Thessalonians 1:10 “When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

12 hours ago, Debp said:

Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!  Psalm 105:4

Nothing can thwart His promises or purpose.  As we bask in the truth of His Word and the power of His presence, we are set free.  Dr. David Jeremiah

We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God.  He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts.  A.W. Tozer

What a consolation that the Lord is always with us, no matter what we are going through.   When we don't understand or know ourselves, we can rest in the fact that the Lord knows our hearts and will bring us through to the other side of whatever the situation.

Indeed, God is not only with us, He lives in us and we live in Him, “All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God.” (1 John 4:15). ✝️

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

14 hours ago, Debp said:

:amen: Two scriptures that fit in with what you said:

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being" Acts 17:28

"being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. "Phil 1:6

@Debp Have you ever heard the song "Better Than I Know Myself" by Andrus, Blackwood & Co? It's very comforting and ties in perfectly with what you said about "when we don't know or understand ourselves." I will post this song for you over in the Christian music forum.  Let me know if you like it, okay? :) 

Good :thumbsup:topic, sis.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, turtletwo said:

:amen: Two scriptures that fit in with what you said:

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being" Acts 17:28

"being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. "Phil 1:6

@Debp Have you ever heard the song "Better Than I Know Myself" by Andrus, Blackwood & Co? It's very comforting and ties in perfectly with what you said about "when we don't know or understand ourselves." I will post this song for you over in the Christian music forum.  Let me know if you like it, okay? :) 

Good :thumbsup:topic, sis.

Haven't heard the song....will try to look later.... sometimes my memory isn't too good!  Glad you like the topic.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, Gary Lee said:

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.”

Galatians 4:19 “My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you.”

Ephesians 3:17 “That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith.”

Col 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2 Thessalonians 1:10 “When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed.”

Great verses!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Another verse that shows how intimate the Lord is with His children:

Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And He that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  Romans 8:26-27

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Another verse that shows how intimate the Lord is with His children:

Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And He that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  Romans 8:26-27

:thumbsup: Love this scripture! Romans 8 is one of my very favorite chapters.

I used to have it committed to memory when I was in my teens. Many years later I only have bits and pieces of this chapter left. :( Kind of sad when your mind deteriorates. (I suppose my long term medical issues may be even more the reason than age, though...only God knows for sure.)

Thankful for online Bible sites where you can type in a couple key words and usually locate the verse you are after. Not as good as memory, of course...but helps, for sure.:)

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Everything we build, that is of God within, is kept by the power of God The Holy Spirit... nothing of creation can come against this

Rom 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

It is in this that perfect peace of the full weight of reliance upon God is achieved... for God cannot lie! Praise God The eternal keeper of our souls....

• Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I sometimes wonder if our memory muscles are not exercised and strengthened and therefore become weak because of all these easy aides.

That's always a risk. But in my case, my memory actually started acting up way before I started using those. As you know, I have neurological problems. The pain from this affects my ability to focus/retain info like I once could. I describe it as 'having trouble thinking past the pain.'

• Loved it! 1