• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I was aware of their reasoning and I was 

also aware of their hypocrisy......90% of the membership are lard-asses who never condemn excess sugar and fat intake.....

Hi, I suggest that hyperbole does not always win the day. Instead it more often defeats the very presentation being made.

My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus that attend CoC affiliated local bodies of Christ are neither overweight nor lazy. They are energetic participants in serving  our Lord Jesus, are generous to one another, are concerned for the eternal well being of everyone. 

That they have what I think is a minority view on many  things of interest to saints in Christ does not make them unchristian. If it did then there are precious few Christians anywhere to be found. Why if a Christian must have the correct view on Tribulation, on rapture timing if and when, how many  raptures, the extent of freewill , can one lose salvation and if lost can it be regained,  are all sins equal or not, are children born innocent or are they born in sin, etc., why the list of ways to find error in another based upon one's own opinion training and church held and taught doctrines is vast. If only one understanding is the  acceptable a view  just who is the one soul that holds  the sole acceptable view, and is saved? 

I think Jesus is far more generous to us than we are to each other.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

When i first got saved i called up these 'church of christ' guys that had a tv show. I debated them. I asked this guy the question 'are you sure you are saved? How do you know?' He answered ' i've done it all, thats how i know'.

I said ' thats the problem. You've done it all '. End of conversation. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, other one said:

Actually LA's have a problem with Carbs more than fat or sugar....

I stand corrected. Lol.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, ejected said:

When i first got saved i called up these 'church of christ' guys that had a tv show. I debated them. I asked this guy the question 'are you sure you are saved? How do you know?' He answered ' i've done it all, thats how i know'.

I said ' thats the problem. You've done it all '. End of conversation. 

Clueless, lost “ Christians”.....blind leading the blind.....this is where bad doctrine and bad teaching take you....straight to Hell.Lets not upset the apple- cart though. Somebody could be offended.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just for the record about individual Church of Christ members....   I have many friends and family that are still members of that church...….   every single one of them have confessed with their mouths that Jesus is their Lord and they all firmly believe that God raised him from the dead...…..     it is very wrong to assume that they are not Christians and saved and on the way to heaven when they die...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Just for the record about individual Church of Christ members....   I have many friends and family that are still members of that church...….   every single one of them have confessed with their mouths that Jesus is their Lord and they all firmly believe that God raised him from the dead...…..     it is very wrong to assume that they are not Christians and saved and on the way to heaven when they die...

other one,, If a person believes that their efforts in doing the law plays a part in them attaining eternal salvation will they be saved?

Just now, Adstar said:

other one,, If a person believes that their efforts in doing the law plays a part in them attaining eternal salvation will they be saved?

according to romans yes they will be saved.   

Rom 19:9

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

it is pretty plain to me.....           This is the crux of salvation and I haven't seen any translations that differ though I may not have seen them all.

If a person tries to be saved without doing this I would personally question their salvation...…….    but if someone wants to add works to this I think they are covered, though if they say another person is not saved because they have no works, they would be simply wrong.

Churches of Christ people for the most part are really paranoid of loosing their salvation so they do everything they can glean what Jesus did and teach we should do so also...….   and while I can't really disagree that we should do that, I disagree it is a condition for salvation...       Does that make sense???

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, other one said:

according to romans yes they will be saved.   

it is pretty plain to me.....           This is the crux of salvation and I haven't seen any translations that differ though I may not have seen them all.

If a person tries to be saved without doing this I would personally question their salvation...…….    but if someone wants to add works to this I think they are covered, though if they say another person is not saved because they have no works, they would be simply wrong.

Churches of Christ people for the most part are really paranoid of loosing their salvation so they do everything they can glean what Jesus did and teach we should do so also...….   and while I can't really disagree that we should do that, I disagree it is a condition for salvation...       Does that make sense???

Yes many people declare Jesus is LORD and they will do it on the day of judgement too,, but some who trust in their wonderful works will be in for a terrible revelation..

Matthew 7:22 KJV

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {23} And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Adstar said:

Yes many people declare Jesus is LORD and they will do it on the day of judgement too,, but some who trust in their wonderful works will be in for a terrible revelation..

Matthew 7:22 KJV

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {23} And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

if one has declared Jesus as their Lord, they are not going to be people who work iniquity,    If they do they just made liars of themselves for if Jesus is our Lord we are obligated to do the things he told us to do....   People who love God with all their strength and love their neighbor as themselves are not going to be going around working iniquity.....   and they will be baptized and take acre of each other love their wives and such.....

I believe this is what James was getting at when he speaks of faith and works..      but I am a Lordship Salvation kind of guy...…     Faith is more than knowledge, it is a trust.....   a trust to put yourself completely in the hands of the Lord....      Allow him to be your Lord.....   Make him your Lord....     many ways of saying the same thing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, other one said:

if one has declared Jesus as their Lord, they are not going to be people who work iniquity,    If they do they just made liars of themselves for if Jesus is our Lord we are obligated to do the things he told us to do....   People who love God with all their strength and love their neighbor as themselves are not going to be going around working iniquity.....   and they will be baptized and take acre of each other love their wives and such.....

I believe this is what James was getting at when he speaks of faith and works..      but I am a Lordship Salvation kind of guy...…     Faith is more than knowledge, it is a trust.....   a trust to put yourself completely in the hands of the Lord....      Allow him to be your Lord.....   Make him your Lord....     many ways of saying the same thing.  

The iniguity is to add their works to the Work of the LORD Jesus and to seek to boast about how they played an integril part in securing their own salvation.. They seek to earn their salvation when The LORD Jesus has offered it to them as a loving gift.. The reject salvation as a gift won by the LORD for them and turn around and trying to pay for it with their own filthy rags works..

Romans 3: KJV

23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; {24} Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: {25} Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. {27} Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. {28} Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."

Churches of Christ people for the most part are really paranoid of loosing their salvation so they do everything they can glean what Jesus did and teach we should do so also

They are paranoid because they Do Not Trust that the Work of the LORD Jesus is enough to secure for them salvation.. They do not have Faith in the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. So they are in bondage to a works salvation theology..

• This is Worthy 1