• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul was referring to those that added a doctrine of works to pervert his Gospel of Grace. I don’t know where the line is drawn, but why put ones self into a state of jeopardy ?

There is nothing like gospel of grace! Gospel is both grace and truth. One without the other is counterfeit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

AND:

Romans 8 English Standard Version (ESV)

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 

The correct and complete translation of KJV is right: 
1    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Nominal Christians stand no chance!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Knowingtruth said:

It is a cult with false beliefs!

I don't see any more false things there as I see in most other denominations, just different....   and yes I have been to most of them and not just visiting but involved.

Without  fruit of the Spirit, salvation is lost!

without fruit of the Spirit salvation was never had......

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, Adstar said:

The iniguity is to add their works to the Work of the LORD Jesus and to seek to boast about how they played an integril part in securing their own salvation.. They seek to earn their salvation when The LORD Jesus has offered it to them as a loving gift.. The reject salvation as a gift won by the LORD for them and turn around and trying to pay for it with their own filthy rags works..

I'm 71 years old and spent 38 years working for Xerox Corp as a field service engineer....   I've worked in hundreds upon hundreds of offices getting to know thousands of people, and other than a couple of Catholics I really don't know anyone except Muslims that have told me that their works are going to get them to heaven.....     some say that the rewards in heaven will be greater and that I have not looked into.

Maybe being here in Oklahoma so much I have just not interfaced with those you are talking about, but it is really rather easy to show people how they are wrong.    The trick is if you use one or two verses to do that it is easy to get the idea that we are not really obligated to do any works at all.....     Confess Jesus as lord and believe and you are safe for eternity.....   and if you are a Baptist you only have to ask Jesus to come into your heart.....    and nearly none of them understand what that really entails.

But enough of bad things about denominations.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Nominal Christians stand no chance!

So thought the twelve Apostles as they argued among themeselves,  two even with their mother helping to contend for recognition of her own as the highest followers of Jesus;

..."An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest.  But Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their hearts, took a child and put him by his side  and said to them, “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great.”....

That seems to me to be a pretty nominal standard spoken by God the Son to those many think of as the highest of human authorities and teachers under Christ Jesus.

Plus; I can hand out a glass of cool water in the name of my Lord Jesus too!

Trying to rise up above others or to look down upon others is pride!

God is not a trickster. God does not play gotcha games. He has not made a yoke so complex that few can wear it. 

Just for grins, when working on a printer or copier or fax machine that was having paper feed problems this is what I used for a test pattern for about 30 years

81f7c3ca8378f43e1da8dfdeb7252523.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

If you followed Paul instead of Jesus, you may end up following Paul. Paul will not and cannot offer salvation

Paul said this,not me......Paul said nothing in his epistles that Jesus did not tell him to.The Holy Spirit,in fact, is behind every word that the Bible says.Paul, Moses, Peter, etc. were merely secretaries who put pen to paper.Jesus, not Paul of course paid the price for all the sins of the world—- Paul shows us how to “ cash in.” Jesus revealed to Paul the “ Mysteries” that hitherto were unknown to the world.We need to follow the Marching Orders Of Jesus when He tells us to follow Paul.God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

And yet no one has faith to seek God of their own doing. No one seeks God, not one does without God first calling them. It is not faith born of any individual's desire to be with God that saves them out from His wrath. All run from God.

It is God having first called each person in general by the message of creation itself, then each person that will be saved specifically being called via the Holy Spirit that leads to any man turning about to his repentance from his sin against God. Even in his repentance man cannot brag. Without the Holy Spirit  who is God first revealing Jesus who is God no person is saved from their sin against God. It is God alone that saves and not that salvation is of any man, again - so that no man may boast of his salvation.

I do suggest that  no person trusts their Harley's brakes  out of their own faith nor does the Holy Spirit enable one to be confident in such a stopping system. Trust in Harley brakes is born of knowledge of brakes from experience mostly and from some engineering principles having nearly nothing to do with faithing. Just in understanding that brakes do stop vehicles, knowledge enabled by another source a resource outside of one's self by first hearing that there are brakes and that brakes save one from crashing into many objects and being shown that Harley's do stop. It does not require the Holy Spirit to enable trust in Harley brakes.

It does require the Holy Spirit to enable seeing Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

No one understand's God of their own self enlightenment, there is no self edification to faith in Jesus.  Jesus is the faith, it is by His faith that any  are saved.  It takes God( God the Holy Spirit) to make what God has done understandable to man. It is by God alone, and  not by man's  confirmation of God that any are saved. Man does not justify God by his faith. Man's faith alone fails, it is strong one day, weak on another, and even denied by man on yet another. Man will deny God, as the man Peter did. It is solely God who enables man to have saving faith. And then faith enabled by God may grow in man by the Holy Spirit revealing the word of God to man.

And to further offend; I say that faith is an active thing. Faith  should better be called faithing, a verb to faithe. Without activity faith is a dead thing that does not save. So yes the saved by the grace of God solely person, is one turned about to their repentance from sin against God by the Holy Spirit, to understanding Jesus is Lord, God, and personal savior. That person will become Jesus' bond-servant and do His command. 

I could swear I hear the voice of Dr. Gene Scott in there somewhere.....lol.....that would be a GOOD thing! Ironically, I am about to go for a ride on the Harley and will get back to you later......pray that my breaks work . Meanwhile, “ Faith is an Action, Based on a belief, sustained by Confidence .” Simple as ABC. Ring a bell?  Lol.....later....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/24/2018 at 12:20 PM, other one said:

so you are saying they are going to hell?     even though they are not doing works of iniquity...….       they are simply doing what they consider Jesus wants them to do.....    that's pretty cold.

You have not accurately represented my position..  People doing good works has no bearing on the entering into eternity if they believe their good works plays no part in them entering into eternity.. But if people believe their entering into eternity is determined or partly determined by the good works they do, then yes that belief will affect their eternal outcome.. The only Way to eternal life with the LORD is by the Atonement that the LORD Jesus Provides a person.. 

The truth is the truth.. You can declare it cold, hot, hard, harsh or what ever you like,, makes no difference.. The truth is the truth..

• Thumbs Up 1