• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

Catholic Priests Abused 1,000 Children in Pennsylvania, Report Says

Victims of clerical sex abuse and their relatives reacted as Attorney General Josh Shapiro discussed the grand jury report at a news conference in Harrisburg.CreditCreditMatt Rourke/Associated Press
  • Aug. 14, 2018

Bishops and other leaders of the Roman Catholic Church in Pennsylvania covered up child sexual abuse by more than 300 priests over a period of 70 years, persuading victims not to report the abuse and law enforcement not to investigate it, according to a searing report issued by a grand jury on Tuesday.

The report, which covered six of the state’s eight Catholic dioceses and found more than 1,000 identifiable victims, is the broadest examination yet by a government agency in the United States of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. The report said there are likely thousands more victims whose records were lost or who were too afraid to come forward.

It catalogs horrific instances of abuse: a priest who raped a young girl in the hospital after she had her tonsils out; a victim tied up and whipped with leather straps by a priest; and another priest who was allowed to stay in ministry after impregnating a young girl and arranging for her to have an abortion.

The sexual abuse scandal has shaken the Catholic Church for more than 15 years, ever since explosive allegations emerged out of Boston in 2002. But even after paying billions of dollars in settlements and adding new prevention programs, the church has been dogged by a scandal that is now reaching its highest ranks. The Pennsylvania report comes soon after the resignation of Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, the former archbishop of Washington, who is accused of sexually abusing young priests and seminarians, as well as minors.

“Despite some institutional reform, individual leaders of the church have largely escaped public accountability,” the grand jury wrote. “Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing; they hid it all. For decades.”

[Listen to an episode of “The Daily” about how the report sheds light on the systemic nature of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.]

The grand jury said that while some accused priests were removed from ministry, the church officials who protected them remained in office or even got promotions. One bishop named in the report as vouching for an abusive priest was Cardinal Donald Wuerl, now the archbishop of Washington. “Until that changes, we think it is too early to close the book on the Catholic Church sex scandal,” the jury wrote.

The report is unlikely to lead to new criminal charges or civil lawsuits under the current law because the statute of limitations has expired. Only two of the cases in the report so far have led to criminal charges.

[Read about how Catholics are reacting to the shocking report here.]

In statements released on Tuesday, Pennsylvania’s Catholic bishops called for prayers for victims and for the church, promised greater openness and said that measures instituted in recent years were already making the church safer.

Source Article Continues: Catholic Church

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The RCC has been long dead, it's dead carcass twitches as pestilence runs the course of it's veins is all.

The buildings are empty all over Europe, and even America. The corpse rots the pestilence of ruinous debauchery by priests have eaten at the vascular system leaving toxins zipping about inside the corpse like a three week dead human.

Edited by Neighbor

The carcass will be resurrected by a man of great promise that will bring peace and compromise and even make a covenant with God's own at Israel. Perhaps that man is among us already, perhaps not yet, Time is closing in around us all. Maranatha!

Is that my opinion ? Yes.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the catholic church a block or so from my house is not empty...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/23/1965

The Catholic church has to first show true remorse...

In order for the church's apology to be an apology, the church has to see the impact of it's behavior on the victims. For an apology to be acceptable, they need to own the error or admit it, and they need to show emotion…….in order for an apology to be an apology and acceptable to the people, they have to show they've learned from their error.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

The Roman Church will likely survive. It will however, probably schism into two halves: Old Believers (Vatican I) and Progressive Pope Francis Church (Vatican II and one day III). 

It could collapse totally, but the two inhibitors to this is money, the RCC has lots of money and devotion, even disillusioned Catholics hold on because “give us a child and they will always be Catholic,” and “once a Catholic always a Catholic.” 

The RCC is on apology tour, their next move will be to pivot that this scandal is not isolated to Rome but is in Evangelicalism, and Other Protestant Churches. Whether or not this will stop the bleeding out remains to be seen. 

At present, two strongholds of Catholicism are showing major fall out: Mexico and Ireland are defecting or distancing from Rome. If Mexico, And Ireland are joined by Portugal and Italy:  the heart of Rome,  comes out with more scandals it is possible we could see a massive exodus large enough to cripple the RCC and make it a shadow of its former self. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, other one said:

the catholic church a block or so from my house is not empty...

Oh you may find a church with some bodies in it. But there is little to  no life no spirit within. The RC church  the people of it is dead. At much of Europe the church is empty of even bodies, those that do occasionally attend do so without enthusiasm, denying even the existence of God. They may identify as Catholic, but they do not believe. Just as Jews may identify but not ever read even Torah.

How or why does one gather in a church to not believe? I do not know. I only know people do just that . There are whole churchy congregations built upon Unity, unity without Christ Jesus, just unity of each other. There is no life in that. It's unicorns- just unicorns as though it is a reality.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Oh you may find a church with some bodies in it. But there is little to  no life no spirit within. The RC church  the people of it is dead. At much of Europe the church is empty of even bodies, those that do occasionally attend do so without enthusiasm, denying even the existence of God. They may identify as Catholic, but they do not believe. Just as Jews may identify but not ever read even Torah.

How or why does one gather in a church to not believe? I do not know. I only know people do just that . There are whole churchy congregations built upon Unity, unity without Christ Jesus, just unity of each other. There is no life in that. It's unicorns- just unicorns as though it is a reality.

there are many reasons to attend a Catholic church....   that's where you go and confess and get your sins forgiven.....    you and I would have a huge problem with that, but that's a good reason for them to go.....   also a lot of activities...   the church is really pretty.    Catholics I know are pretty good people, but they are seriously misinformed about who Jesus is....   and they are pretty hard headed about it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Just had an argument with a catholic christian after I asked "How can you be a catholic and not be ashamed of the catholic church and the pope?" He compared being part of the church like being born in a country and said that I will be judged because of my "catholic soul" (whatever that means). It really is a cult and their members think that theirs is the only true church, while child molesters and satanists do how they please. I told him that I pray that he will one day realise what hes gotten himself into and left after I advised him to read the Bible and repent.

So no, I dont think it will survive and I think the RCC is the wolf in sheeps clothing, doing evil in the name of God.

Edited by Pure Waters
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

22 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source Article Continues: Catholic Church

It is always the way of evil to adapt . 

When Satan could not get to Peter to accomplish his goals , he set his sights on Judas .

You can already see the catholic church morphing into a quasi political organization .

The steadily increasing sexual abuse of children in society is the best indicator that the catholic church is going nowhere .

Why is this happening is the first question you must answer in addressing the catholic church's long term sustainability ?

This steady increase in evil against the most innocent among us , and more importantly who is perpetrating it tells us how the catholic church  will fare long term.

Although you can find members of  every class and socioeconomic  group guilty of perpetrating this crime , it is by and large a favored crime of the wealthy , professional , educated , religious leader class

This is the seat of power . 

Look closer at who is being charged with it next time you read of it , which should not be long since it is just about a daily occurrence ,

Is it the judge or is it the bailiff ?

Is it the doctor or is it the man who stocks the medical supplies ? 

Is it the teacher or is it the janitor ?

Is it the congressman or the congressional page that runs his errands ?

Is it the choir leader or is it the choir member ?

Is it the assistant chief of police or is it the street cop who works the south side beat ?

As prolific as sexual abuse of children is becoming I have made a habit of looking into it deeper when I read about it , and as I said  there are always exceptions where sin is concerned .

That being said I would estimate upwards of 80% of the cases I read about involve a person of higher esteem in terms of worldly power , wealth , education  .

The world can only tolerate this persecution of it's elites for so long and it is well on it's way to working out the problem in some European countries where they are attempting to lower the  age of consent to as low as  grammar school children . 

As Europe goes so will we go . 

And you will not hear the catholic church utter a word about any of it  .

It is no coincidence that politicians of a particular stripe will run , not walk  , to  publicly pat the pope on the back when he takes a certain socioeconomic position even though certain

other "official " positions of the church run counter to said politicians platform . 

The world is run by the golden rule . 

Whoever has the gold rules . 

The other major position that will ensure the catholic church's longevity is their long standing anti- Israel  stance .

Edited by Unfailing Presence