• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

For the record. I did not ask that my thread about "Dearborn" be deleted. I did ask that it be lock as it has it had gone so far off topic I could no longer follow it. So I thought it best to ask for it to be lock. But then it just got deleted instead. 

I don't know why I am telling you all this. It is just something that has been on my mind.  

Record noted. Yeh, you did say lock not delete.  Is is not  somewhat the same though as no one except the mods can view them, and there is no point in resurrecting a lock thread IMO. 

3 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

This is exactly why I have never reported a post and never will. 

I think I am in agreement with you there . As believers , our conscience has to prick us when we do something that we know is not right.  If someone thinks he had the right to say what he has said then, he had to live with that. I say what I have to say to him in my reply and move on as it goes.  I try not to offend, but with writing you never know how someone may interpret your penned words.  If I do see a deliberate attempt to insult or incite, then it may warrant a reply accordingly so that something may be learned and not for the sake of confusion.  Why bother the mods, they got lots of issues to deal with as it is already.  As in the secular world, the  guys have a saying " man up" and take your responsibility.

man up
phrasal verb of man

1. USinformal
    be brave or tough enough to deal with an unpleasant situation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

For the record. I did not ask that my thread about "Dearborn" be deleted. I did ask that it be lock as it has it had gone so far off topic I could no longer follow it. So I thought it best to ask for it to be lock. But then it just got deleted instead. 

When a Thread is "deleted", from the pages of this forum, its not erased.   They simply move it to an area that is only viewable by the Mods and George.

So, your Thread is not "gone", or "erased"....its just moved to a place where members can't read it, but mods and George can see it anytime.

Im sure the mods and George wont mind you knowing this, as  i dont think they are trying to hold secrets, and keep them  from their members.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Behold said:

When a Thread is "deleted", from the pages of this forum, its not erased.   They simply move it to an area that is only viewable by the Mods and George.

So, your Thread is not "gone", or "erased"....its just moved to a place where members can't read it, but mods and George can see it anytime.

Im sure the mods and George wont mind you knowing this, as  i dont think they are trying to hold secrets, and keep them  from their members.

gone or not available for anyone other than the mods or George to see or to quote so you don't have to do it all over again.....    I really don't see much difference there realistically...   LoL

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know why I am telling you all this. It is just something that has been on my mind.  

I remember your topic, LadyKay.  What happened to your topic about Dearborn not being under Sharia law, going so far off topic is what happened to Sharing with Muslims at Christmas topic.  Instead of it being a topic about sharing Christ, it became an anti-islam rant.    Then it got deleted.   I am trying to get the topic cleaned up and reinstated, if possible, when Steve has time.  Did talk with George about it.

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Record noted. Yeh, you did say lock not delete.  Is is not  somewhat the same though as no one except the mods can view them, and there is no point in resurrecting a lock thread IMO. 

When they lock or close a thread we can still see it.  It's just that no one can post any new posts to the topic.  I sometimes run into closed or locked topics.   Usually due to the posts becoming too heated among posters.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

Regarding all the 'niceness' and 'kindness' we are to show to one another, important as it is, still, Scripture lays out first things first...

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,
(Eph 4:15)

If truth goes to the wayside, so will growth (which includes love).

..." Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted,  forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

Edited by Neighbor
deleted a stray letter i that appeared in th emiddle of a sentence
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

Even when speaking the truth, it should be done with gentleness and respect. 

Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and respect; (1 Peter:3-15) 

And in all of our dealings with others whether it be online or elsewhere, we should always show love, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

..." Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted,  i forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

Amen brothers.   We can hold to the truth and speak the truth without becoming harsh to others.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not that  I am not advocating it, but is there such a thing as righteous anger and when should it be used if ever ?.  I have heard some say that Jesus displayed this when he went chased the money dealers in the temple.    Then there is the forgive  70x7 .  Any thoughts ?.  I must admit, I do get angry, I more like to use the word upset, especially if I know I am right about something and can prove it, yet is still doubted by someone.  Patience, patience, oh I try.

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

46 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, given to us as a 'truth' proposition.

Hi all, Might I suggest for consideration that truth is no excuse for meanness? Victory comes in truth for sure, but it can be made to fall short and to become no more useful than a lie when it's purpose is not true. If it's purpose is to puff up pride in ones self rather than humility in appreciation of our awesome God then truth is misused, turned about on it's own face and rewards Satan and Satan's little minions the little antichrists of whom there are many even today.

Seeking  to use the armor of  truth without including the spear tip of kindness is destructive to the  opportunity to witness by giving testimony of Christ Jesus. Without kindness there is no glory to God to be found within it. Such truth,  championed without the softening tip of kindness, only serves to do injury and not to be kind, nor encouraging toward the unsaved, and is not fellowshipping with the saved brother and sister in Christ Jesus.

Lessons, Biblical lessons to Timothy by Paul as inspired by God the Holy Spirit seem  an example*, least for me; especially the be kind in your reproach/approach to an older man ( LOL).

In truth all of 1 Timothy is most useful, again least to me it is, in regard to relationships with  individuals all in the name of Jesus so that all that is done may be done to the glory of God.

*Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers,_older women as mothers younger women as sisters, in all purity.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

That's what the verse I quoted said, 'speaking the truth in love'.

Without the truth there would not be an objective concept of love, even Hitler could say he was loving the Jews while gassing them.

Sounds a lot like this loving them To GOD .   WE LOVING THEM TO GOD by not exposing their deeds , just letting them feel loved.

ONLY it did not work out well and wont work out .    Scrips were cast aside for a whole new EMOTIONAL sensual love , that aint loving anyone .

Cause love that don't correct , AINT COMING FROM GOD , its coming from sensual men who have not the SPIRIT and thus focus not on doctrine but rather what is sensual .

FOR ALL WHOM GOD LOVES HE DOES CHASTEN AND CORRECT .   and I sure don't remember JESUS ever teaching this sensual love them to GOD .

IF so , why did he have whips in one hand , and strong heavey WOES UNTO YOU in the other .   LOVE without doctrine , IS FAKE .

Just as those who may know doctrine in part and use it to condmen , yet not ALSO to POINT TO CHRIST as the solution .