• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

How does any professing Christian claim Jesus message would not save today???  that is heresy or worse.

Psst .   hey SIS  .  shhhhh,    its becoming quite plain badjoas evangelism came straight from men like warren and seeker friendly .    take a peep at another thread ,  you will see

that UNCHURCHED word and more .     Shhh.      keep this our secrete .      OOOPS ,   I guess I forgot this can be seen by all.     

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

People have answered your questions here endlessly.  You are disingenuous and you have no credibility.  When you say something ill-advised you either avoid dealing with it, or claim you never said it, even when your own quotes are displayed to you.  Then you do as you are doing here.  Instead of actually dealing with what you yourself said, you try and turn the issue into something else.  You attempt to indict the people who challenge your false doctrine.

You plainly stated that Jesus' gospel couldn't save anyone today.  That is the statement you now refuse to deal with.  The Gospel does not require baptism and it does not require this "Kingdom at hand" junk you keep dwelling on.  The reason you are sidetracking to those issues is because your impotent "gospel" ignores the consequences of rejecting the actual Gospel of Jesus.  You plainly display, over and over again that you have no concept of what the Gospel is.

Removing from thread.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

That's what I said:

I'm working among unbelievers and I can't make disciples out of people who don't believe, so sorry I don't meet your prerequisite to discuss Bible topics on an online forum because of that. 

I didn't say it was a perquisite for  discussing Bible topics.   All I am saying is that while you are lecturing us about how to evangelize, your methods don't work. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

How do you know that the method I'm using doesn't work? Do you kn0w what the Holy Spirit is doing in the lives of all those I have shared the gospel with? As another brother has already pointed out,

Just going off your own admittance that you are not actually making any disciples for Christ. 

I have touched on this subject as well in this thread and others. 

Yeah, and it is the same old statement that you can't save anyone.   No one is saying that you can or should save anyone.  So you can get off that hobby horse.  When you're not getting any results, none whatsoever, that might be an indication that a change is necessary. 

Would Adoniram Judson known as the father of American foreign missions,  William Carey, or Dr. William Leslie also be discounted in your eyes when it comes to discussing evangelism? Each of these men saw no fruit for many years and in the case of Dr. Leslie, he went to his grave without seeing any fruit  from his labors and thought of himself as a failure. All of these men ended up having phenomenal success in helping spread the gospel to the world. Not necessarily because of what they did, but in how the Holy Spirit worked through them and in the lives of those they ministered to. 

Don't even try to put yourself in the same boat with those men.  They were pioneers and they went into  areas that had no exposure to the Gospel whatsoever and had to start with nothing.   You don't come close to sharing the stage with them. 

You are discrediting many missionaries around the world today when you judge their work in the field and their methods by the number of converts they have. 

It's not the number of converts at all.   But when there is no visible fruit, when there are no disciples being made, you can sit here and lecture us all day.  But it's like someone who is $100,000 in credit card debt trying to teach others about money management. 

Once again, we must never underestimate the power of the gospel or the Holy Spirit and how they are working in the lives of those who are hearing the gospel.

Perhaps you should tell the whole truth and not your edited version of the Gospel that leaves out a large portion of the truth about Hell, sin and repentance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Just going off your own admittance that you are not actually making any disciples for Christ. 

Yeah, and it is the same old statement that you can't save anyone.   No one is saying that you can or should save anyone.  So you can get off that hobby horse.  When you're not getting any results, none whatsoever, that might be an indication that a change is necessary. 

Don't even try to put yourself in the same boat with those men.  They were pioneers and they went into  areas that had no exposure to the Gospel whatsoever and had to start with nothing.   You don't come close to sharing the stage with them. 

It's not the number of converts at all.   But when there is no visible fruit, when there are no disciples being made, you can sit here and lecture us all day.  But it's like someone who is $100,000 in credit card debt trying to teach others about money management. 

Perhaps you should tell the whole truth and not your edited version of the Gospel that leaves out a large portion of the truth about Hell, sin and repentance.

I just had an idea.  Maybe you could go to The Philippines, spend a few weeks and do some evangelizing with the Badjao tribe?   Perhaps a couple of other members here would be interested in accompanying you?   Sounds good to me...what do you think?

P.S.  The rents there are very, very inexpensive as is the food.

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.

Guest shiloh357
40 minutes ago, Debp said:

I just had an idea.  Maybe you could go to The Philippines, spend a few weeks and do some evangelizing with the Badjao tribe?   Perhaps a couple of other members here would be interested in accompanying you?   Sounds good to me...what do you think?

I do what the Lord tells me to do  and He has not called me to go to the Philippines. 

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Can you make disciples out of people who reject Christ? I can't.

Nope, but then you aren't really sharing the whole truth.

Why should I change? I posted earlier the gospel I share, do you deny it's power to reach the heart of man? 

the list of scripture passages you strung together is what you claim to share, but it is an edited version, meant to exclude any mention of what people actually need to be saved from, meant to exclude any mention of their condemned condition before God.   

I'm sure this is how many felt about the men I mentioned earlier back in their day when their results from the field were less than promising. 

No, they didn't.  Because it was understood that they were in uncharted territory, so to speak. They started out with nothing and had to break a lot of fallow ground before they could even begin . 

In this list below you will see just how much advancement, or rather the lack there of, the gospel has made among the tribes found here in Mindanao. During the Philippine American War and in the decades that followed the US government sent countless missionaries to these tribes to try to convert them. Over 100 years later and after many decades of Filipino, and to a much lesser extent, foreign missionaries bringing them the gospel they remain unreached.

Why do you think that is? 

Why?  Because the US government sent those missionaries. 

This is the gospel I share. 

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.  (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)(Acts 16:31)

That is how the Gospel is appropriated, received.   That is not "the Gospel."  

What is at the heart of the gospel according to you? 

The good news that sinful, wretched man can be redeemed, that God has provided a means for man to be healed, restored, delivered and put back into right standing with God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Badjao has made the offer to host people in just such a venture on multiple occasions. Most posters here prefer to critique his efforts to share the Gospel from 8,000 miles away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

Badjao has made the offer to host people in just such a venture on multiple occasions. Most posters here prefer to critique his efforts to share the Gospel from 8,000 miles away.

Yeah, like we are going to run all the way around the world to meet up with someone we don't know and have no idea is legit or not.   No one with any brainpower is going to do something that stupid.  He  even offered for a married woman to meet him over there.   Do you honestly think a married woman is going to run over there to meet him?   

And yes, when you are producing zero results, but presume that you have the authority to tell everyone else how to evangelize, your lack of results deserve critique.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And yes, when you are producing zero results, but presume that you have the authority to tell everyone else how to evangelize, your lack of results deserve critique.

Honestly, I haven't read all posts in this 54 page thread, but are you sure he is telling everyone else how to evangelize, or is he explaining what he is doing?

Do you consider it impossible that God would have someone sow seeds of the Good News for years without visible results?

Who do you think is doing more to serve the people in the Philippines for the cause of Christ, Badjao or those of us 8,000 miles away?

Are you certain you aren't letting your personal animosity toward a brother in Christ cloud your perception of what he is doing? 

• Thumbs Up 1