• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Is the Father God? Yes.

Is the Holy Spirit God? Yes.

Is Jesus God? Yes.

Is God all-knowing? Yes.

Then why does only the Father know when the final hour will be?

Edited by Follower Of Jesus

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Because the Son voluntarily humbled Himself becoming fully dependent on the Father. I doubt it is that way now in His exaltation.

On earth in human form, He still maintained divine authority, commanding nature, forgiving sins, casting out demons, etc.

He could read the minds of others, and knew the lives of those who he never met.

He put himself in human nature. He didn't renounce his authority. 

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I never said He renounced His authoriy, rather He laid it aside and acted in complete obedience to the Father. 

If you want to continue this type of discussion, it will have  to be done using Scripture, not our own reasoning. Again...

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
(Php 2:5-8)

I gave you scripture. 

"On earth in human form, He still maintained divine authority, commanding nature, forgiving sins, casting out demons, etc.

He could read the minds of others, and knew the lives of those who he never met."

Unless you're telling me, he maintained all of those Godly powers...except the one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Is the Father God? Yes.

Is Jesus God? Yes.

Is God all-knowing? Yes.

how many entities or things does the Bible use the word translated god to identify.....     when the word is read by most people today it does not mean the same thing as it would to the people alive when the Bible was written.

Just now, Yowm said:

Maybe, just maybe, this will help my position...

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
(Joh 5:19)

Doesn't help your position.

My question still stands.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You don't even understand my position as you first thought I was referring to 'renouncing His authority'. Try this also...

“I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
(Joh 5:30)

Your verse quotes are actually working against whatever point you're trying to make. Throwing quotes around without explaining how they defend your point, is vain.

If you don't have a straight answer, that's fine. Move along. 

Just now, Yowm said:

At least I gave Scripture. Sorry you don't comprehend them. I'll gladly move along as I see this as a waste of my time. :)

I comprehend them and I see you probably Googled for some verses, without reading them in context, nor understanding how they defend your own point. Saying "sorry you don't comprehend them", is a poor excuse to not explain what point your were making by them. Unless you're so busy you have no time to really discuss matter. You're just here to throw verses around.

Along with that, you ignored my points. Which again were, 

"On earth in human form, He still maintained divine authority, commanding nature, forgiving sins, casting out demons, etc.

He could read the minds of others, and knew the lives of those who he never met."

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Is the Father God? Yes.

Is Jesus God? Yes.

Is God all-knowing? Yes.

It's supposed to be a secret for everyone to ponder. The Son is always obedient to the Father so when the Father tells the Son to keep the matter sealed until the approprite time, the Son respects the Father's wish. It's an arrangement they have even though they are One. We are to accept it by faith, and to understand from Scripture that no man in heaven or earth is able to open the seals, not being worthy to do so...and until the Lamb does receive leave to take the book from the right hand of God the Father the final hour remains a sealed secret. ( Yes I know some believe some seals have been opened already, but  to them I say obviously not all.)     

Rev 5:1-14
(1)  And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
(2)  And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
(3)  And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
(4)  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

(5)  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
(6)  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
(7)  And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

(8)  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
(9)  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
(10)  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

(11)  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
(12)  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
(13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
(14)  And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

If if know what the answer is i will probably also know the time of final hour.

Edited by R. Hartono

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

It's supposed to be a secret for everyone to ponder. The Son is always obedient to the Father so when the Father tells the Son to keep the matter sealed until the approprite time, the Son respects the Father's wish. It's an arrangement they have even though they are One. We are to accept it by faith, and to understand from Scripture that no man in heaven or earth is able to open the seals, not being worthy to do so...and until the Lamb does receive leave to take the book from the right hand of God the Father the final hour remains a sealed secret. ( Yes I know some believe some seals have been opened already, but  to them I say obviously not all.)  

If the Father told Jesus not to reveal when the hour would come, Jesus wouldn't say "only the Father knows". He would say, "I was told not to reveal it". Jesus doesn't lie and doesn't speak to confuse.

What many don't consider is Jesus usually spoke from a prophetic position. When he gave commandments, he gave the post-crucifixion commandments, before everything was finished. When he had the last supper, before crucifixion.

When he prophesied about the trials to come, the temples destruction, persecution. These are all foreknown by Jesus. This then also includes His, not-knowing of the final hour. In Mathew 7, when he was speaking of these things, he was prophesying. In his prophecy, he said "only the Father knows". Then you can't say, he didn't know just for that time.

Therefore, Jesus maintained His Godly all-knowing knowledge as a human. He still knew of everything of heaven, of everything divine and everything kept secret. 

The question is, why does he know everything except that one fact.