IGNORED

Will God be okay if we aren't happy,joyful positive Christians?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

There's a lot of things I've come to learn. God won't give you everything you desire, your hearts desire. He can but not always...for some people not ever.  

Idk I just...there's alot of things about God I struggle with I won't list it here..

But... 

I'm definitely not a happy go lucky Christian. I feel as long as I have hope for nothing but salvation. I can make it to heaven. 

I think that's probably the only time I'll truly be happy. 

I'm just not happy as a Christian. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

There's a lot of things I've come to learn. God won't give you everything you desire, your hearts desire. He can but not always...for some people not ever.  

Idk I just...there's alot of things about God I struggle with I won't list it here..

But... 

I'm definitely not a happy go lucky Christian. I feel as long as I have hope for nothing but salvation. I can make it to heaven. 

Do you mind if I ask who some of your favorite pastors are ?

While you make ready that list ,  let me remind you of what paul once said ,    I AM EXCEEDING JOYFUL in all our Tribulations .

Then remember what JESUS said , IN this world you will have tribulation , BUT TO BE OF GOOD CHEER ,  HE has overcome the world .

If our affections and desires are set above on HIM ,    it wont matter what comes against us , what we lose , what we suffer ,   

WE WILL not only abound , we can rejoice IN HIM through it all .   HE IS the KEY and THE HOPE .   But if our affections and desires are on things of this earth

WELL,   we depressed when we don't have those things ,    often folks get angry at GOD , and feels he don't love them ,   the love of the world is truly a snare on the soul .

The truth is we can have His peace no matter what comes against us ,  and knowing that the end reward is so great , that the grace that is to be brought unto us At

His Coming ,  THAT GIVES ME ALL THE HOPE to endure faithful .    Its the JOY that keeps on giving .   THE JOY of the LORD is my strength and the salvation of the LORD my joy .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

But... 

Scripture says; 

1 Peter 5:7 (NASB)
casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

And again; 

Jeremiah 29:11 (NASB)
'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

God has good things for you, if you will just trust His love for you. I know it’s difficult sometimes, but fight that fight of faith, take your eyes off of yourself and with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, keep your eyes on Jesus and the glory and peace and the love of God will fill your soul, and you will find a joy in your heart that no outward tribulations or trial can remove. Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Happiness for a Believer is a fringe benefit of resting in what Christ accomplished for you at the Cross.Resting is a fringe benefit of true faith.Any doubting or possessing a head knowledge as opposed to a heart knowledge is an impediment to the joy that God wants us to have in our lives.Happiness depends on external things such as new cars,big raises,etc.Joy is a fruit of the Spirit thAt you take with you even in the worst of circumstances.Only God can implant this type of joy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

[1]  There's a lot of things I've come to learn. God won't give you everything you desire, your hearts desire. He can but not always...for some people not ever.  

[2]  Idk I just...there's alot of things about God I struggle with I won't list it here..

[3] I'm definitely not a happy go lucky Christian. I feel as long as I have hope for nothing but salvation. I can make it to heaven.   I think that's probably the only time I'll truly be happy. I'm just not happy as a Christian. 

[1]  No, God will not give us everything we desire.  I have to thank him for that.  Many, many years ago - I desired another woman's husband.  She never knew.  He never knew.  Only God and I.  I did not ask for him, I was too ashamed before God.  But the desire was there.  What I thank God for is that he took the desire away.  About five years ago, I greatly desired a new job at a new place.  It all seemed so cut and dry - so much a "God thing".  But at the last minute, it all fell apart.  Not God's plan.  I rambled on ahead of him and didn't pray to him about it.  I was too cock-sure with my own desire.  So no, God does not give your heart's desire unless your desire lines up with his will.

[2].  Sure there are things you struggle with.  We all do from time to time.  But as you grow and mature in Christ, in reading his word, in praying, in seeking fellowship with other Christians - those struggles subside.  At 17, I questioned a lot.  At 37, I questioned much less.  Now, at 57, I realize that all that matters is that I understand what God is trying to tell me and teach me.  The only time I question God now is when I don't understand something I read in the Bible or don't understand how it applies to me.  He teaches me - almost daily.  I haven't questioned God - as in his nature - in a very long time.  What you seem to have is a god created in your own image and the God who loves you doesn't meets your standards with what a god should be.  That isn't God's fault.  Pray to God and ask him to reveal himself and his nature to you from the Bible.

[3]  Not happy-go-lucky?  Don't worry about that.  Happiness is not a fruit of the spirit.  Happiness in not a hallmark of a Christian.  Happiness is wishy-washy and is dependent on feelings.  The same things that can make you happy can also make you very depressed and morose:  a spouse, a child, medications, daily life, your job, school, the nightly news, and more.  Happiness is fleeting and wavers too much.  Joy is eternal.  Joy is deeper and wider and more concrete and more uplifting.  Joy does not depend on how your feel or what's going on in the world.  Joy depends on your relationship with the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

But... 

How often do you pray? 

Talking to the Lord is a natural thing with those who are born again in Christ. The Lord

tells us to pray unceasingly. That just means to talk to the Lord all throughout your day. He is in you so discuss things with your Lord and Savior just like you would a friend. He already knows what you are thinking anyways. Trust the Lord. God tells us we must trust in him with the faith of a child. It is impossible to please the Father without faith.

How often do you sit and read the bible? 

Some people I know who claim to be born again dont even take the time to read the 'manual' which is the word.  The word of God is all the truth a christian needs for upright living. The Holy Spirit gives you the mind of Christ through the Living Word. It is your nourishment . You must feast on it.

Once you start filling your mind with Gods word; only then does your faith get stronger and your desire to be obedient gets stronger through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

The evidence of being saved is that our desires change ALOT. A christian doesnt want to do as the world does. A christian should eventually start producing good fruit. A christian hates sin and hates their own sin which is rebellion against the Lord . A christian desires to know the Lord in his word. The word of God tells us to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. 

That means we look at our actions and our thoughts. Are we desiring to honor God? Have we walked away from living as the world does?

The Lord told us in Romans 10:17 that faith comes by hearing and hearing(reading,studying) the word of God.

I encouragexyou to seek the Lord with all your heart your mind and strength! You will be very glad you did! You will feel at peace again. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I read a spurgeon devotion awhile back, and trying to find it again to show you, where he talks about loving the master versus loving the master's table.

So let me ask you this. Do you love the Lord or only love Him for what He can give you?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I read a spurgeon devotion awhile back, and trying to find it again to show you, where he talks about loving the master versus loving the master's table.

So let me ask you this. Do you love the Lord or only love Him for what He can give you?

You loved dear sister .    

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Being happy is not always about what we have or have not. There is nothing I would trade for my soul. We still have mixed emotions. Lately I have had a series of ups and downs. No by Polar. I am sad for the state the world is in. Before the age of communication technology and satellites we were not always seeing the horror that goes on in the world. People and children starving. murdered for their faith.  Truth is the world is an ugly place . But they make sure you see all the beautiful and fun things. The glamor of wealth. Today everyone one wants to play the lottery in hopes of being billion airs. Our children are being schooled in perversion as an OK way of Life. Don't stick your head in the sand and pretend all is happy. Even so come Lord Jesus.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

sometimes our unhappiness is because we want or desire something that is not what God wants. Or our conscience is troubled.  Or we have misunderstood what it is God wants from us, or who He is. 

What do you mean by unhappy? what is it you expect? often our expectations are from a human standpoint, not from Gods standpoint.

Yeah that's true.