• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Of the evil trio (dragon, beast, false prophet) only the false prophet is a human.

I beg to differ, The Dragon is synonymous with the Statue in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel. The Antichrist or the First Beast is permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them, and given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. This can only happen to a man in the flesh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I beg to differ, The Dragon is synonymous with the Statue in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel. The Antichrist or the First Beast is permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them, and given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. This can only happen to a man in the flesh.

Revelation 17 states that the beast comes up out of the abyss.  The abyss is only ever used in the context of spirit beings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

35 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The abyss is only ever used in the context of spirit beings.

Also, note that the inhabitants of the Earth will see and respond to him. Heavenly beings can take on the form of humans. The relationship between the Word of God and the physical body of Jesus Christ is an example. It is possible to reference the existence of a heavenly body and not allude to their manifested tangible form?  

Edited by Scott Free

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

40 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Also, note that the inhabitants of the Earth will see and respond to him. Heavenly beings can take on the form of humans. The relationship between the Word of God and the physical body of Jesus Christ is an example. It is possible to reference the existence of a heavenly body and not allude to their manifested tangible form?  

That's certainly within the realm of deception I guess, which is why its paramount that we worship God in spirit and truth by acting on the teachings of Jesus.  Discernment and perseverance will be required.

The fact that he is given eyes and a mouth causes me to think that he works through a human instead of taking on human form.

Edited by Last Daze

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

That's certainly within the realm of deception I guess, which is why its paramount that we worship God in spirit and truth by acting on the teachings of Jesus.  Discernment and perseverance will be required.

The fact that he is given eyes and a mouth causes me to think that he works through a human instead of taking on human form.

that is the image of the beast that is given eyes and a mouth not the beast itself...….           Angels walk around us off and on all the time and we never know it....   both the good kind and the bad.    Those beings that are in the pitt can take on human form and we would never know...

If the image of the beast is some super computer hooked up to the new 5g network may well be able to monitor us directly by interfacing with our brains.....   things of this nature are already being worked on.   with and without chips.

Edited by other one
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  106

23 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Here is a link that tells of the different countries that are considering Smart Cities

https://cointelegraph.com/news/smart-cities-and-blockchain-four-countries-where-ai-and-dlt-exist-hand-in-hand

All this technology is being pushed as so convenient.  People don't realize by doing away with tangible currency (fiat)  and going digital, the government or other entity would be able to lock people out of their own accounts as a threat, or coerce, blackmail, force into something against their will. 

The AC will like in the Bible will control the economy... no one will be able to buy or sell without the MOB. 

Thanks for the information.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

20 hours ago, discipler777 said:

In the proper context, at JOHN.16:1-15 & 10:27-31, Jesus Christ was speaking to His apostles, and not to ordinary or later Christians or to us.(cf JOHN.17) Great signs and wonders and various miracles of the Holy Spirit of God happening to the apostles do not mean that the same will also happen to ordinary or later/future Christians or to us. ... 

Who gets to decide who is an ordinary Christian?  Does that make sense?  You are a follower of Jesus or you are not.  God is not a respecter of persons.

Mark 16:15-18 

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

These signs follow them that believe. I think those would qualify to be miracles, signs, and wonders.....

Jesus also said that in the last days, believers would be able to do even greater things than when He walked on the earth

John 14:12 Context

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

1 hour ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Who gets to decide who is an ordinary Christian?  Does that make sense?  You are a follower of Jesus or you are not.  God is not a respecter of persons.

Mark 16:15-18 

Ordinary Christians = those who were/are not the Personally-chosen apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ.(ACTS.1:15 = apostles + disciples = 120 of them)

Should every follower of Jesus Christ be performing signs & wonders and various miracles of the Spirit like Moses, Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles.? Have every Christian been doing so after the 1st century AD.? What does Church history say about Christians wrt these signs & wonders and various miracles.?

MARK.16:9-19 is of very doubtful canonicity which should not be quoted by Christians for argument sake. ...

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Ordinary Christians = those who were/are not the Personally-chosen apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ.(ACTS.1:15 = apostles + disciples = 120 of them)

Should every follower of Jesus Christ be performing signs & wonders and various miracles of the Spirit like Moses, Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles.? Have every Christian been doing so after the 1st century AD.? What does Church history say about Christians wrt these signs & wonders and various miracles.?

MARK.16:9-19 is of very doubtful canonicity which should not be quoted by Christians for argument sake. ...

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/

Sorry, I wholeheartedly disagree with you...... All Scripture is for the believer...  Did you not read the very Words of Jesus?  He didn't say this is only for the Apostles.  It clearly says for  all who believe......and for that last bit, I go by the Word of God and not some man's opinion....

Sorry to the author of this topic, I didn't mean to hijack this topic.... my apologies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

2 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Jesus also said that in the last days, believers would be able to do even greater things than when He walked on the earth.

JOHN.14:12

JOHN.14:9-15 (NKJV) = Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Again, in the proper context, Jesus Christ was talking to Philip and in the hearing of the other apostles, and not to ordinary Christians or us. He was also not talking about the last days or Dooms Day that will follow His 2nd Coming to earth.

God's promises to Abraham, Moses, His prophets, Jews, His Apostles and ordinary believers are different and specific to the individual or group of individuals. It's like a person who may make different contracts with different parties(eg government, banks, companies and sellers) when buying his/her house, car, insurance or to make a will or to make a forum post.

Edited by discipler777