• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, ARGOSY said:

Your view may be possible, my view actually gives biblical support for an entity taken out the way at the right time.  

Paul states that the Thessalonians knew WHAT was withholding the revealing of "the man of sin", so the cause of it remaining a mystery wasn't a secret to them, was it ARGOSY. I suggest Paul had taught that nothing true can be revealed to mankind unless God ordains or authorizes it. All that Satan has to offer is lies and deception.

Paul also states that he, the respecter of God's authority, who NOW, or PRESENTLY restrains things that need to be restrained will continue doing so, thereby suspending this revealing of "the man of sin" until he, the respecter of God's authority, is removed from his place in society, which happens due to moral entropy, (i.e. decay, decadence.) 

Result: The Lawlessness of the Lawless One . The anomia of the Anomos if you study the Greek, that he might be apukalupto in his kairos...revealed in his time.

2Th 2:8-12
(8)  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9)  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10)  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(11)  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(12)  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I do see the link between the war in heaven and the casting down of Satan from the lower heaven to earth and the timing of the apukalupto of the Anomos. (Not looking good for the prince of the power of the air.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

14 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Paul states that the Thessalonians knew WHAT was withholding the revealing of "the man of sin", so the cause of it remaining a mystery wasn't a secret to them, was it ARGOSY. I suggest Paul had taught that nothing true can be revealed to mankind unless God ordains or authorizes it. All that Satan has to offer is lies and deception.

Paul also states that he, the respecter of God's authority, who NOW, or PRESENTLY restrains things that need to be restrained will continue doing so, thereby suspending this revealing of "the man of sin" until he, the respecter of God's authority, is removed from his place in society, which happens due to moral entropy, (i.e. decay, decadence.) 

Result: The Lawlessness of the Lawless One . The anomia of the Anomos if you study the Greek, that he might be apukalupto in his kairos...revealed in his time.

2Th 2:8-12
(8)  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9)  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10)  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(11)  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(12)  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Exactly, the Thessalonians knew what was withholding the revealing. I agree, the withholder was NOT a secret to them, but the secret power of lawlessness was a secret, and the identity of the lawless one is a secret: then the lawless one will be revealed

As for your phrase "the respecter of God's authority", context does not even hint that the restrainer respects God's authority, that is in your head, but not in the text.

Edited by ARGOSY

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, ARGOSY said:

As for your phrase "the respecter of God's authority", context does not even hint that the restrainer respects God's authority, that is in your head, but not in the text.

More correctly, it's in my spirit as I commune with the Supreme Authority on such matters. The thing is sealed as John later found out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

More correctly, it's in my spirit as I commune with the Supreme Authority on such matters. The thing is sealed as John later found out.

Aaah , so you are more inspired than me, and so don't need scripture to prove your view

In the meantime I can PROVE that the church victoriously conquers Satan exactly 3.5 years before the end, Satan is REMOVED/taken out the way at the SAME TIME the man of sin is revealed: REV 12  

the accuser of our brothers and sisters,    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.  They triumphed over him    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.  Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!

I like to debate the way Jesus did,  he often quoted scripture to defend his doctrine, instead of merely claiming inspiration. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Something I would like to interject here and it is not an easy topic to discuss as many could be offended. I'll have to take the chance.

Scripture points out a requirement for obedience in addition to our faith. Without getting into theology on this we should agree that there is a difference between religious works and works of obedience. Prophecy always seems to focus on obedience as the method of judgment for the believers. 

That said, I am sure some of you will desire to focus on and debate the last paragraph, but I will not get into that or respond to that here - this is a prophecy string. (A good one would be "which comes first - Theology or Prophecy")

In regards to prophecy, judgment always begins in the house(temple) of God. The rapture will definitely remove the "worthy" believers and "spit out" the un-worthy into the "place of weeping and gnashing of teeth" (the tribulation). The falling away is summarized as obedience to sin and the rejection of righteousness. OT prophecies often judged the Jews in like manner (1/3 burned in the fire, 1/3 swept away, 1/3 chased by the sword, oh yes, and a small remnant tucked away). So, what happens in the churches right AFTER the rapture AND during the tribulation? Will they repent or will they continue to assume (as many do now) that they must fight the A/C and all who oppose their "God-given" dominion over the earth?

27 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

I used to think the MOB would be worldwide like the word of God says. I used to believe the world then will be as it is now. However, after reading Isaiah and Daniel and Revelation for myself, the "whole world" will be the Middle East only because there won't be anything left outside of it - at least nothing like today. Scientists are concerned about the magnetic pole shift, but the word of God shows a planetary shift like in the days of Joshua, but much worse. Now you understand how the armies of the north come on horses! We'll be back into the 1600s. With the earth out of its orbit and the moon in chaos as a result, what's left of humanity will try to make a calendar "changing the times" because our reference for time (Sun and Moon) are no longer constant, but Jesus will return before the AC can implement a new system. The rotation of the earth will increase by 8 hours, it's orbit will be like a drunkard. Yeah, humans will become more rare than gold.

Possibly, but I prefer to read prophecy by using Biblical metaphors more than literal meanings of words as you have done. Not saying it won't happen that way, but am saying that prophecy comes from God and the entire Bible is filled with enough information that the symbolic meaning of the words used in prophecy can be assigned to people, places, specific events on the prophetic timeline; and even descriptive words like "liars, white, red, horns, crowns, dogs, water, earth, sea, mountains, grass, trees, wine, oil, drunkenness, horses, merchants, ships, stars, sun, & moon" can be understood in a way that God has already preordained. If we change the meanings of these words into something else then we are NOT being Biblically accurate in our interpretations.

However, we can pray to be found worthy to escape all those things you just mentioned.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

However, we can pray to be found worthy to escape all those things you just mentioned.

What about things already past ?   Sins.  Deceptions.   Wrong lives.  Wrong Jesus.  Wrong gospels.  Wrong teachings.  Wrong (anti-christ governments , agencies and religions).     'Beast' working throughout society.  (Ephesians 2).

Escape ?   Who escapes ?  When it is written "the whole world is deceived"......  governments, schools, corporations, etc etc etc and of course religious groups... ... ...  who can escape?    If it is just barely that the righteous are saved  what is to become of the ungodly ?  Will Jesus "find faith on earth" ?     Will the "rich man walk away sad" again ?  

i.e. is not the world system all set, all ready, for the revelation of the beast ?  Is not society already being(been) prepared to serve the beast , step by step ?

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

What about things already past ?   Sins.  Deceptions.   Wrong lives.  Wrong Jesus.  Wrong gospels.  Wrong teachings.  Wrong (anti-christ governments , agencies and religions).     'Beast' working throughout society.  (Ephesians 2).

Escape ?   Who escapes ?  When it is written "the whole world is deceived"......  governments, schools, corporations, etc etc etc and of course religious groups... ... ...  who can escape?    If it is just barely that the righteous are saved  what is to become of the ungodly ?  Will Jesus "find faith on earth" ?     Will the "rich man walk away sad" again ?  

i.e. is not the world system all set, all ready, for the revelation of the beast ?  Is not society already being(been) prepared to serve the beast , step by step ?

The beast is described in Revelation (written at the end of the first century) as "was", "is not" but "will be". I believe it refers to the united "empire" government originally known as the Roman Empire. 

The world will always reject Jesus (true gospel). The idea of being worthy comes from the NT...

Matthew 22:8 - Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Matthew 10:37 - He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Ephesians 4:1 - I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 8:15 But as for that [seed] in the good soil, these are [the people] who, hearing the Word, hold it fast in a just ( noble, virtuous) and worthy heart, and steadily bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 20:35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage

2Thess 1:11 (In context of rapture) To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power,

Phil 1:27 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Col 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1Thes 2:12 so that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.

2Thes 1:5 This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering.

Rev 3:4 'But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

Luke 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Most people can't grasp the literal meaning of the word of God even though we speak today the same way. So I guess it's not really going to be bad as Jesus said and that He was just being metaphoric. I believe Him and His word. Out technology will be gone, and no Hollywood movie has even come close to what it really will be like. Why would 2300 prophecies literally be fulfilled for the last 500 only be metaphorical, allegorical, and dismissed? There's no precedence. Believing the word of God as it is written, in the way we speak even today, would clear up a whole lot of demonic dogma running rampant in the church.

Matthew 24:21-22
For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

I think you misunderstood what I said. In no way was I saying it will be a time without great disasters and persecution and total chaos. I do fully expect ALL of those things. I believe the churches will be decimated after the rapture. Imagine ALL the true Christians gone and leaving behind the "demonic dogma" as you say left in charge of the churches. Imagine billions of people running INTO those churches to find out what is going to happen next and why all those "good" people were taken away. What will those churches preach? Will they rip their clothes and repent for their false teachings? HIGHLY DOUBTFUL! They will preach what they are ALL READY preaching - saying, "the "tares" are finally removed and we (the true faithful believers and followers of the truth) remain to guide the world into the NEW AGE." They will say, "We are the kingdom of God and have now been given control of the world, BUT Satan will come in 3.5 years to Jerusalem and claim to be the Messiah." What happens in 3.5 years? Jesus returns! Even much of the left-behind church will still reject Jesus during the tribulation. The "mark" (topic of this string) will be represented by the Forehead and the Hand. The forehead represents the mind (our faith), and the hand represents our actions (obedience). As Peter wrote each one by itself is "dead" (useless). 

This also reminds me of the Daniel account of the king requiring ALL people to bow to the image of him whenever music is played. A similar issue could be in play whenever someone wants to buy something? Similar to the "hiel Hitler" salute?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Does destruction mean uncomprehension?