• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

I came across an old friend yesterday, I made the error of asking he where he go's to church these days....... he said that they have bible study in his home...."because other people are not up to there level" a red flag came up in my sprit. Then he said; that.....

"the apostil Paul told lies, and only pretended to be a Christian in order to capture more Christians....and that everything He wrote was a lie, and deception" SAY WHAAAAAT?

I ended up walking away from him, "do not get caught up in futile arguments" written by Paul. How on earth do you even argue the scripture with someone who thinks most of the N.T. is false? :th_frusty:

My thought is, they only came up with that because they do not WANT to obey the Bible! If that is the case, then there is no point in arguing with them!

Edited by Faithbuilders
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I've prayed for him.  Maybe everyone who reads this will.

The anti-Paul movement, or the Jesus vs. Paul movement, has been around a while and it's a heresy and from the devil.  It sucks people in who don't read the Bible and who only read/listen to snippets of commentary from others.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

26 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I've prayed for him.  Maybe everyone who reads this will.

The anti-Paul movement, or the Jesus vs. Paul movement, has been around a while and it's a heresy and from the devil.  It sucks people in who don't read the Bible and who only read/listen to snippets of commentary from others.

Thank you for praying; this is the first time I have heard of it. Only after I got home I thought , "I should have said this, I should have said that...." sheeesh

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

Thank you for praying; this is the first time I have heard of it. Only after I got home I thought , "I should have said this, I should have said that...." sheeesh

I can relate.  It's always easy to think of what we should have said or done.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

I came across an old friend yesterday, I made the error of asking he where he go's to church these days....... he said that they have bible study in his home...."because other people are not up to there level" a red flag came up in my sprit. Then he said; that.....

"the apostil Paul told lies, and only pretended to be a Christian in order to capture more Christians....and that everything He wrote was a lie, and deception" SAY WHAAAAAT?

I ended up walking away from him, "do not get caught up in futile arguments" written by Paul. How on earth do you even argue the scripture with someone who thinks most of the N.T. is false? :th_frusty:

My thought is, they only came up with that because they do not WANT to obey the Bible! If that is the case, then there is no point in arguing with them!

It is good I think that you walked away. That is my down fall. I can not walk away from a debate or an argument. Something I am learning to work on. So I agree that you did the best thing by walking away. God Bless You. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, if something like that suddenly presented to me, I think I would be flabbergasted and speechless too. Especially if you formally knew that person and thought he had a sound biblical view that the Bible is inerrant, infallible, inspired and God breathed with zero errors. 

Then again, based on what the Bible says about the end-times in which we are living; I guess this shouldn't take us by complete surprise?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

When I thought I heard it all.....

By Faithbuilders

Sometimes walking away is wisest. When the JW's would leave their tracts on our gate, I decided to try something. The next time they came, always in twos, one the mentor and the other the young student, I played ignorant, and listened. Said I was busy, but come back. Weeks later they returned. Would not invite them in, but standing out side in the shade,  the young student began his rehearsed spiel, and when he got to quoting scripture, telling me Jesus was only "a' God, I ask him where he found that. Got my bible from my shop and compared it to his, then showed it to him. Their bible added the "A" to the verse saying JN:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God.  The youth was puzzled.  The elder immediately grabbed his protege and they split. So at least for the youth, a seed was planted.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

I BET he has joined some kind of wacked out jewish movement .    but in truth , due to the days we in , their aint no telling , so many no longer love that bible .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

57 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Personally, if something like that suddenly presented to me, I think I would be flabbergasted and speechless too. Especially if you formally knew that person and thought he had a sound biblical view that the Bible is inerrant, infallible, inspired and God breathed with zero errors. 

Then again, based on what the Bible says about the end-times in which we are living; I guess this shouldn't take us by complete surprise?

One thing I learned .    Believe me ,   in that situation as well as others .   IF we wait ON the SPIRIT .   OH you will be given words .

Hope that reminder encourages you Dennis .    We got a massive battle ,  and the lambs will be faithful and contend for the true faith , even if it costs us everything .  

You just praise the Lord .    

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

5 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

I think you did the right thing. It was good not to argue with him. If you did you might have become angry and whenever we become angry we are letting the devil win.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1