• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, discipler777 said:

@Montana Marv

We are now on Page 60 of this thread = after about 600 posts. All the Scripture you quoted have already been debunked on this thread, eg your quote of JOHN.10:28-29 to prove OSAS ... actually only applied to the 11 Apostles of Jesus Christ and not to every ordinary Christians after them, as per JOHN.17:12. For the "special" 11 Apostles, once saved, no one could pluck them out of God's hands except for the lost son of perdition/hell(= Judas Iscariot). This did not/does not apply to every ordinary Christians except for the elected of God as per His Word, eg MATTHEW.7:15-23 = how to know false prophets/teachers/Christians from true prophets/teachers/Christians, ie by their fruits/works/words. Who does God/Jesus love and ensure that no one pluck them out of His hands.?(cf JOHN.14:21-24)

You ignore anti-OSAS Scripture like how most OSASers and yourself have also ignored the Old Testament Law of God. 

As per MATTHEW.4:1-11, Satan doesn't just quote Scripture - he misquote, falsely interpret and interpret out of context the Scripture and when these dirty tactics fail, he then makes tempting offers to secure allegiance and worship. 1JOHN.3:8 says that those who sin or do evil or break the commandments are of the devil = their take on the Scripture is the same as Satan's. Only God is right wrt His Word or Scripture or Bible. The man of God is to base his understanding and debates on the Scripture or Word of God(2TIMOTHY.3:16-17) or on what is right in the eyes of God and not on what is right in his/her own eyes or his/her own fancies(DEUT.12:8 & 13:18), eg a 66 y o Christian man who fancies being a chick-magnet in his own eyes.

When I referred to myself as 66 year old chick magnet is was pointing out the  A B S U R D I T Y of that !, GOOD GRIEF, man ,do you have to EVERYTHING spelled out for you? Sometimes people use irony and absurdity to make a point.You misunderstand a LOT.You should really not be engaging in debates.Some people are very shallow in their thinking.It explains a lot......speaking of “ explaining”, don’t forget to check out on You Tube — Ralph “ YANKEE “ Arnold— be forewarned: he sometimes uses irony trying to make a point

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

34 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Right, parables and allegories describe our daily walk of sanctification in Christ. Believers don't lose salvation, they are sanctified, disciplined, anointed and receive godly sorrow. If you're not sure you have eternal life now, then the time is now to accept Christ. Time is short, these are the end times.

Heb 10:29
(29)  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I know of people who have done this. They once claimed salvation in Christ and partook of all the benefits of it here, but turned back as it were and forsook Christ, refusing to believe what they once believed, recanting what they once preached, and are now stubbornly refusing to hear the Word of God they once heard by which faith once came to them. In each case God knew this would happen, so didn't sign off on their salvation as it were.  

Edited by Michael37
rejig
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

9 hours ago, discipler777 said:

No. Just for the Eternal Record......hear are the OSASers' and your actual words—- NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD PLUS WILLFUL DIRTY/UNCLEAN SINS ONCE SAVED.

Didn't you just extol Martin Luther's errors to "Sin Boldly".?

Yes, stoke up those fires for those sinning and misguided OSASers who do not repent! .......

JOHN.15:1-5 (NKJV) The True Vine

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

He just doesnt get it.....he really thinks Martin Luther wanted people to go out and sin....how does one get through to people that can’t comprehend something that requires a little deeper thinking? I don’t have the patience to break it down word- by- word and explain  what Luther was trying to say.Maybe someone else does.Excuse me now as I must go out and do some “ bold sinning”. WARNING! That was a JOKE!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Michael37 said:

(29)  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I know of people who have done this. They once claimed salvation in Christ and partook of all the benefits of it here, but turned back as it were and forsook Christ, refusing to believe what they once believed, recanting what they once preached, and refusing to hear the Word of God they once heard and by which faith once came to them. In each case God knew this would happen, so didn't sign off on their salvation as it were.  

Are we friends and enemies of God?

Jhn 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Rom 5:9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Eph 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

1 Thess 5:9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Heb 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

• Praise God! 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:10 AM, discipler777 said:

Fyi, God loves the do-gooders, blameless, morally upright, those who fear Him and shun evil(JOB.1:8), and repentant sinners/evildoers(eg Paul and King David) but hates unrepentant and willful sinners/evildoers/Law-breakers. So do I. Don't you.?

It is a fearful thing for unrepentant and willful sinners to fall into the hands of God, especially mature Christians who fall away from the faith(HEBREWS.10:26-31 & 6:1-8). .......

PROVERBS.6:16-19 (NKJV) = 16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

HOSEA.9:15-17 Judgment of Israel’s Sin

15 “All their wickedness is in Gilgal, For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds I will drive them from My house; I will love them no more. All their princes are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is stricken, Their root is dried up; They shall bear no fruit.
Yes, were they to bear children, I would kill the darlings of their womb.”

17 My God will cast them away, Because they did not obey Him; And they shall be wanderers among the nations.

ROMANS.9:13 =  13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

God is looking for people with contrite hearts......those who are sinners and KNOW they are sinners....those who think they are “ blameless” don’t need or appreciate a Savior... Many here have not met God......they need to study the experience of Jonathan Edwards.Please check out the thread “ Fear and Trembling is Repentance”

Edited by George
Removed the last part of the comment as it was unnecessary

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

the purpose of "allegories" or parables is to make it easy to understand the Truth, which you are ignoring because you do not want to hear what the bible says about the responsibility we have in LIVING for Christ.  and thats a big problem in churches today.  they just want to add souls to the kingdom, but very little is heard about christian living or making disciples.  a two year old can eat meat, and at some point you have to grow up.  ignoring things like warnings is a sign of immaturity. children do this often.  example... its hot dont touch that. 

what i just said is an allegory... its easy to understand.

Jesus explained why He spoke in parables.....it was to “ hide the Truth, lest some understand and be saved” So much for the “ sweet and lovable Jesus”

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I know of people who have done this. They once claimed salvation in Christ and partook of all the benefits of it here, but turned back as it were and forsook Christ, refusing to believe what they once believed, recanting what they once preached, and are now stubbornly refusing to hear the Word of God they once heard by which faith once came to them. In each case God knew this would happen, so didn't sign off on their salvation as it were.  

To claim salvation and to partake of all the benefits of it does not mean they were saved.

Gal 4:6,7 - Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, the Spirit who calls out Abba Father, So you are no longer a slave, but a son, God has made you also an heir.  God knows the heart of man; to claim salvation and to obtain salvation are two different things. 

Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve and followed Jesus throughout His Ministry.  He also partook in the benefits of the 12.  He saw healing, the rising of the dead and other miracles, yet he was of the Devil.  The same with some today proclaiming to be Christians.  They Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk, Yet Christ never knew them.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

and God does not contradict himself.  ever. 

?

Matt 7:15-16 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matt 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jhn 15:2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

2 of those scriptures refute osas.  the last two. 

No, they refute works salvation, wonderful works, work iniquity........

• Praise God! 1

15 minutes ago, Cletus said:

2 of those scriptures refute osas.  the last two. 

Jhn 15:20 Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

Jhn 15:24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.

2 Cor 4:7-12 7Now we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this surpassingly great power is from God and not from us. 8We are pressed on all sides, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always consigned to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our mortal bodies. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.