douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul said the gospel he preached was "my gospel".

The gospel Paul preached was revealed to him by Christ. Galatians 1:12

Christ will stablish, or strengthen, the church according to Paul's gospel. Romans 16:25

Paul's gospel revealed that salvation was to all who believed, apart from Israel and the covenants. Romans 3:22 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:30

Paul's gospel taught that through the cross Christ provided a complete salvation for us. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Paul's gospel taught that Christ died for our sins, as our substitute, for the payment of our debt and penalty for sin. 1 Corinthians 15:3

Paul's gospel revealed that the resurrection of Christ accomplished our justification unto eternal life. Romans 4:25

Paul's gospel and the revelation of the mystery was not found in the scriptures. Romans 16:25

Paul's gospel revealed the mystery of salvation; how God could save sinners. Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

Paul's gospel revealed a new creature, in which there is no Jew or Gentile. Galatians 3:28 Galatians 6:15

Paul's gospel revealed the body of Christ. Ephesians 2:16 1 Corinthians 12:27

Paul's gospel revealed our position in the heavenly places. Ephesians 2:6 2 Timothy 4:18

Paul's gospel also preached Christ from the scriptures of the law and prophets. Romans 16:26

Paul was given the dispensation of Grace. Ephesians 3:2

Paul's was given a dispensation of the gospel. 1 Corinthians 9:17

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The Apostle Paul wrote almost 2/3 of the New Testament. Yet, most modern preachers only teach out of the 4 gospel writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They take what Paul wrote and read it back into the gospels but without the mystery that was revealed to and through Paul, we would not have a full understanding of what grace is.

The question posed that most can't answer is WHY did Jesus chose Saul (later Paul) to write and be given further revelation from Jesus Christ? When there were 12 (Matthias replaced Judas) apostles, yet Jesus set them aside shortly after His resurrection and assention and put Paul on the path.

Couldn't one or all the 12 apostles complete the mission? Why was Paul chosen? He wasn't even around for Jesus' earthly ministry and did not follow Jesus like the 12 did. Quite the opposite. Paul "ravaged" the early church and persecuted them.

Most people can't even answer what the mystery is? What is this mystery that Jesus Christ speaks of and gave it directly and only to the Apostle Paul?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 12/11/2018 at 10:54 PM, douge said:

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV) I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Remember, Paul was the Apostle of the Gentiles. His gospel was very applicable to Gentile Christians but not as applicable to Jewish Christians, eg liberty from the Law.(cf ACTS.21:20-25)

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 12/11/2018 at 8:46 AM, Yowm said:

Paul's writings are what Jesus taught.
Jesus just used more metaphors, parables, illustrations and real life experiences to teach His points whereas Paul speaking mainly to Gentiles made his in propositional truths.

Not true. No offense, but that's a lame explanation.

In Eph. 3:1-3 “the dispensation of the grace of God” is specifically called “the mystery” (i.e., secret). It is thus designated for two reasons:

1.  It had been “kept secret since the world began, but now,” through Paul, had been “made manifest” (Rom. 16:25). “In other ages” it was “not made known” (Eph. 3:5). Rather, “from the beginning of the world” it had been “hid in God” (Ver. 9), “hid from ages and from generations, but now… made manifest to His saints” (Col. 1:26).

2.  It was at the same time the explanation, the key, to all God’s good news, including that which had been proclaimed in ages past. It explained how it was that Abel could be declared righteous by bringing an animal sacrifice, “God testifying of his gifts” (Heb. 11:4), how Noah could become “an heir of… righteousness” by building an ark (Heb. 11:7), how anyone could be saved under the dispensation of the Law, and how it is that we can be saved today by grace through faith alone.

Thus we have in Paul’s epistles, not only the gospel [good news] of “the secret” (Eph. 3:1-3), but at the same time, “the secret of the gospel” (Eph. 6:19,20).

This great secret, revealed to and through Paul, has rightly been called the capstone of divine revelation, for it concerns God’s eternal purpose in Christ. Through Paul, the chief of sinners saved by grace, God has now made this glorious secret known to us (Eph. 1:9) that we, in turn, might make it known to others (Eph. 3:9).

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, douge said:

The gospel Paul preached was revealed to him by Christ. Galatians 1:12

Christ will stablish, or strengthen, the church according to Paul's gospel. Romans 16:25

Paul's gospel revealed that salvation was to all who believed, apart from Israel and the covenants. Romans 3:22 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:30

Paul's gospel taught that through the cross Christ provided a complete salvation for us. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Paul's gospel taught that Christ died for our sins, as our substitute, for the payment of our debt and penalty for sin. 1 Corinthians 15:3

Paul's gospel revealed that the resurrection of Christ accomplished our justification unto eternal life. Romans 4:25

Paul's gospel and the revelation of the mystery was not found in the scriptures. Romans 16:25

Paul's gospel revealed the mystery of salvation; how God could save sinners. Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

Paul's gospel revealed a new creature, in which there is no Jew or Gentile. Galatians 3:28 Galatians 6:15

Paul's gospel revealed the body of Christ. Ephesians 2:16 1 Corinthians 12:27

Paul's gospel revealed our position in the heavenly places. Ephesians 2:6 2 Timothy 4:18

Paul's gospel also preached Christ from the scriptures of the law and prophets. Romans 16:26

Paul was given the dispensation of Grace. Ephesians 3:2

Paul's was given a dispensation of the gospel. 1 Corinthians 9:17  

Dear douge, you revere Paul in your posts so you should heed what the Holy Spirit inspired him to write to the Corinthians when they began playing favourites and making sport of who followed who, lest you too be found carnal in your expositions.

1Co 3:1-5
(1)  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
(2)  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto you were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able.
(3)  For you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are you not carnal, and walk as men?
(4)  For while one says, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are you not carnal?
(5)  Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom you believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

One of the reasons that Paul was chosen was that he was a Roman citizen as well as a Pharisee of the Pharisees. He was educated as both so he was better able to reach a wider range of people; knowing how each thought he could communicate better with a wider range of peoples.  His zeal was also recognized as a virtue when turned to glorify Christ.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

“ Christ in you”....... wasn’t that the main mystery?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 12/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, DesertSW said:

Most people can't even answer what the mystery is? What is this mystery that Jesus Christ speaks of and gave it directly and only to the Apostle Paul?

Most of the thread is being missed, as I think the question Douge is asking, and in my understanding, this is it.Colossians 1:27, To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ In You, the hope of glory. There is also in Ephesians 3: 1-12, and particularly from verse 4 onwards, so many more verifications, but I think these should suffice for now. As always, I hope this helps, and God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

9 minutes ago, Heybro said:

Most of the thread is being missed, as I think the question Douge is asking, and in my understanding, this is it.Colossians 1:27, To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ In You, the hope of glory. There is also in Ephesians 3: 1-12, and particularly from verse 4 onwards, so many more verifications, but I think these should suffice for now. As always, I hope this helps, and God bless.

I didn't notice a question in the OP, Heybro. Can you please enlighten me as to what question you think douge is asking, whether literally or implicit. This would be appreciated. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,281
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe one of the main points of the direction of this thread is mystery... it is simply The Church/Bride that Paul was being used to instruct. The New Testament of The Lord's blood....