IGNORED

Head of the family unit

Reading 1 Corinthians, chapter 11. 

Paul says the hierarchy. God, Christ, Man, Woman. Then i presume children. I believe this is correct and i accept it. A man should be master in his own home. His wife subservient to him. But, a man answers to Christ, therefore there is no excuse for abuse of his power. 

I think this structure  is the best for a family. I believe in this family unit. The fracturing and disintegration of same is surely the root of so much discord in today's society. Look what has happened! Divorce, every combination of family being tried out and people so unhappy because they do not know their place. 

I know people disagree on this subject but i believe in the Bible and that the advice here is sound. With Jesus Christ as the true head of each family, there lies the best chance of happiness and good upbringing of children to live useful lives. I take into account that Paul was not married, his view of women was rather severe but i think he was right. There has to be a solid structure to every effective team. Otherwise it falls down. 

Thoughts?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Reading 1 Corinthians, chapter 11. 

Paul says the hierarchy. God, Christ, Man, Woman. Then i presume children. I believe this is correct and i accept it. A man should be master in his own home. His wife subservient to him. But, a man answers to Christ, therefore there is no excuse for abuse of his power. 

I think this structure  is the best for a family. I believe in this family unit. The fracturing and disintegration of same is surely the root of so much discord in today's society. Look what has happened! Divorce, every combination of family being tried out and people so unhappy because they do not know their place. 

I know people disagree on this subject but i believe in the Bible and that the advice here is sound. With Jesus Christ as the true head of each family, there lies the best chance of happiness and good upbringing of children to live useful lives. I take into account that Paul was not married, his view of women was rather severe but i think he was right. There has to be a solid structure to every effective team. Otherwise it falls down. 

Thoughts?  

I have thought that any two people, or any group of people, can get along. If both people or the group of people are searching for what is righteousness in that particular set of circumstances, rather than what they want in that particular set of circumstances?

For righteousness is that thing alone that looks out after every individual’s rights. 

(my thinks)

Blessing, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I've dug into  this topic very  deeply and I can't find a single word of what you said at fault.  It's controversial because generations of selfish, fleshy men have twisted the truth  to justify tyranny in the home but none of that changes the Word or His divine  order in the  home.

There are men and women both who could benefit from a deeper understanding of what  authority  is in GOD'S economy because  it's much, much different than
worldly expressions of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Most of the apostle's letters introduced them selves as bond-servants of the Lord Jesus Christ.  They had been freed from slavery to sin and satan and willingly gave themselves to serve Christ.  Christ was the model servant.  He washed feet, taught at cared for His followers, leading by example.  He is the model for husbands and fathers as well.  We wives also give ourselves to serve Christ, and He in turn tells us to serve and care for our husbands and children.  

I agree that God is a God of order.  This is the order established for homes.  Women should not disrupt the preaching of the word by asking questions, gossiping, or reading facebook in church.  We should all be attentive and prayerful during the service.  

The exception that I see in our church is when a new person asks questions and asks how to become a Christian during a service.  It is a holy moment when the person beside him shows him or her Who Jesus is and what He has done on our behalf so that we need only to receive Him with thanksgiving and bow to Him as Creator and Lord.

A life, a home and a nation will all function well when lives revolve around God.   Divorce does great harm; it is occasionally necessary to protect members.  Anarchy in a country is great evil, since pride and rebellion were the sins of satan.  Today I see parties trying to overthrow our government through anarchy and refusing to work together through compromise and good will.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/29/2019 at 3:14 AM, Melinda12 said:

the hierarchy. God, Christ, Man, Woman. Then i presume children

Jesus is God, man and woman united in marriage are one and children have unequal status among siblings.  Is my "thought".

Today is no worse than yesterdays, perhaps better than days of old at Sodom. Better than the time and place of the church at Corinth maybe.

Through all time there is but one sea anchor to cast aft to find safe course in the fast current and raging wind.  My Lord Jesus  keeps me from being hit broadside in all storms  of circumstance of the times and of the minions of satan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, Melinda12 said:

A man should be master in his own home. His wife subservient to him.

he bible teaches that a married couple are one. It alspo teaches that there is a higherarchy in marriage.

The Christian women has to obey her Christian husband, but the husband is to 'love' his wife in the same way as Jesus loves his church.

As a husband what are you prepared to give up for your wife.

Wifes if your husband loves you like that, is it a problem to obey him?

• Thumbs Up 2

Indeed. Get the hierachy right and respect follows. Harmony and love are then easy. Happiness. With God and Lord Jesus as the solid foundation. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, Who me said:

he bible teaches that a married couple are one. It alspo teaches that there is a higherarchy in marriage.

The Christian women has to obey her Christian husband, but the husband is to 'love' his wife in the same way as Jesus loves his church.

As a husband what are you prepared to give up for your wife.

Amen !

Ephesians 5:25: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her." Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." ... He who loves his wife loves himself.