• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,566
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Do you have an American Standard Version 1901 Bible? Perhaps a version with  study helps? Seeking opportunity to find one. Thanks

I do enjoy the one copy I have that is a reprint by Star publishing under permission by Nelson publishers. The quality of the typeset  leaves something to be desired. So I am hoping to come across an older one with helps if possible. I have only found one of dubious quality online so far.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

I have it on e-Sword, plus many others versions and numerous commentaries also, it's free on line and you can make a donation if so lead.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a NASB from the early 1970's, but I rarely use a hard copy Bible....   I have access to it on my tablet but use the ESV mainly for it has audio attached to it so I can listen when I'm doing other things.  It is an app from Bible Gateway....  Actually it has 51 different translations.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I also have the e-sword one but it doesn't have helps like a concordance or references.  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My Sword for android tablets has a version of the KJV with Strong's numbers and definitions which is really handy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all thanks, yes I use Bible Gateway most every day. I have had  Accordance Bible Software for years, but really desire an updated issue.

I do have numerous paper Bibles in different versions. I use my American Standard Version 1901 and am seeking  one from older editions perhaps with a better quality  type print than mine is all. It is quite difficult to find an ASV 1901, just figured maybe someone has one is all.

Though fortunate to have fast internet provider service, a nice selection of Mac computers, Ipads and Iphones I do enjoy  sitting upright and reading a hard copy printed book under incadescent lighting.  Nothing like a real book with markers and the warm 3200K lighting  of an incadescent bulb and tiffany lampshade.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

You might try http://www.christianbook.com, if you haven't already, or perhaps the publisher may still have some copies available. Ebay or Craigslist might be some other options to look at also.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all thanks, yes I use Bible Gateway most every day. I have had  Accordance Bible Software for years, but really desire an updated issue.

I do have numerous paper Bibles in different versions. I use my American Standard Version 1901 and am seeking  one from older editions perhaps with a better quality  type print than mine is all. It is quite difficult to find an ASV 1901, just figured maybe someone has one is all.

Though fortunate to have fast internet provider service, a nice selection of Mac computers, Ipads and Iphones I do enjoy  sitting upright and reading a hard copy printed book under incadescent lighting.  Nothing like a real book with markers and the warm 3200K lighting  of an incadescent bulb and tiffany lampshade.

Nieghbor ,  I am looking for an original sixteen eleven KJV bible .  When  I say original I mean actual original one .    I don't know of any in circulation .

But if you can get ahold of one ,  can you mail it to me .     

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Do you have an American Standard Version 1901 Bible? Perhaps a version with  study helps? Seeking opportunity to find one. Thanks

I do enjoy the one copy I have that is a reprint by Star publishing under permission by Nelson publishers. The quality of the typeset  leaves something to be desired. So I am hoping to come across an older one with helps if possible. I have only found one of dubious quality online so far.

Just checked E bay, Neighbor,  and there are several dozen, twenty five dollars up to a hundred. Just type in ' American Standard Version 1901 Bible'  Many 1901 publications, if you don't want a reprint. Most have wear (that's good), some in good shape. They come and go. Ck your local half priced book stores. My experience is they almost give them (bibles) away now days, as there is not much demand anymore, and they take up shelf space for the 'How to' books..............ironic, huh .....default_cool2.gif.08deba17e29868e72d6ffd9d15faa434.gif

Interesting when I looked all I saw was "out of stock" for each category except for one which i already have. I'll look again thanks.