• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 Peter 4:18 (KJV)
18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Well to be considered, Christian in this world is  out numbered by the ungodly. Has been for along time.

The sinners  out number the righteous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, StJoek said:

Jesus once asked if He would find faith when He returned.  I'm just looking for those who He said we'd know are His disciples because of their love for one another.  Where are those people?

The more I look around the more people I see headed for hell, maybe all of us.

Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
KJV

1 Cor 2:10

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
KJV

Eph 3:16-19

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
KJV

1 John 4:13

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
KJV

2 Cor 1:22

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
KJV

Rom 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

All these verses say His Spirit within us 'We will know' that we are His children... when I sin this is convoluted in my being but never the less in grief I return back to awareness of His Presence >all because His Word says so< not in anything else do I rely!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

28 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
KJV

1 Cor 2:10

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
KJV

Eph 3:16-19

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
KJV

1 John 4:13

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
KJV

2 Cor 1:22

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
KJV

Rom 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

All these verses say His Spirit within us 'We will know' that we are His children... when I sin this is convoluted in my being but never the less in grief I return back to awareness of His Presence >all because His Word says so< not in anything else do I rely!!!

Just so I'm clear, by His Presence do you mean the bible or something you sense?

Edited by StJoek

57 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

1 Peter 4:18 (KJV)
18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Well to be considered, Christian in this world is  out numbered by the ungodly. Has been for along time.

The sinners  out number the righteous.

Why?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, StJoek said:

Why?

because I want what I want and they give it to their kids and they pass it on to their kids so now we have a bunch of fallen people.

well there was some help from Satan

This is what happen when given freedom to do what you want.

So the righteous want to do the will of God, which requires discipline, but they love it because it is good.

different kinds of people = wayside, stony, thorny, good ground.

9 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

because I want what I want and they give it to their kids and they pass it on to their kids so now we have a bunch of fallen people.

well there was some help from Satan

This is what happen when given freedom to do what you want.

So the righteous want to do the will of God, which requires discipline, but they love it because it is good.

different kinds of people = wayside, stony, thorny, good ground.

agreed

That doesn't sound like good news.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

You guys are quantifying God's wrath, grace, and even his mercy.  There is no algorithm for God's favor upon mankind.  There is no measure or numerical formula to judge God as a success or a failure. 

It's not that God loses - it's that people, through their own decision, win or lose.  Heaven or hell.  Holiness or sin.  People, on an individual basis, are judged and having gain or loss.

Instead of us sorrowing over numbers.....should we not be about telling others about Christ?

The OP asks:  How is people going to heaven [albeit possibly fewer in number than those going to hell] a win for God?

God won before he even said, "Let there be light."  In fact, God has never and will never be in a losing state.

Even Jesus Christ, in his most mentally, spiritually, and physically tormented moment on the cross was not "losing".  Jesus Christ is the Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world - knowing he would "crush" the devil's head even from the Garden of Eden when God proclaimed that TO the devil.

People going to heaven - even if it is less that those going to hell - is the WHOLE purpose of God planning to send Jesus Christ as a sacrifice before he and Jesus created anything.  He knew and has always known exactly who would accept Jesus and who would not.  No surprises for God.

God wins by destroying the curse of sin and through Christ, opening a way for each individual on earth to escape the devil's grasp through Jesus' saving blood.

God wins by the devil, his angels, and those who reject Christ to perish.  God wins by his children, those who cast themselves before him, trembling in shame of their sin,  and his saving them - coming to live with him forever!

It's our choice - the devil or God.  In the end, the devil certainly does not win - he burns in hell forever.  How is that a win?

God wins.  God has already won!  Trying to base his win on a quantifiable factor limits God to a fallible "g"od and misses the holiness of God and the sovereignty of God.

It paints God as a "g"od not in control.  And that's not the Biblical God.

There are going to be more people in heaven than we can count.  Millions upon millions saved in the Tribulation alone.

Revelation 7:9 -10 and 13-14

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” ….. one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?”  I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, StJoek said:

Just so I'm clear, by His Presence do you mean the bible or something you sense?

I am enabled to trust the Word of God past my sensual aspects... it is like nothing else that I have began in for my motive is of s/Spirit apart from flesh as I can loose all that I have known yet not loose anything of faith in the promises of God not yet seen... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, Vince said:

1 Tim 2:4, 2 Pet 3:9 say God wants all people to be saved.  Mt 24:13, Jn 6:44, Rom 8:29-30 indicate that not all are saved and that God is the one that picks and chooses who is saved.  If god wants all to be saved then chooses not to save some how is this a win?

God's view, and God's Ways, are so much higher and better than man's ways.  The natural mind cannot comprehend spiritual.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/3/2019 at 7:28 AM, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

There's a few errors in the op, but no worry, per se.  (not the thread to handle them , probably) .

Without Jesus,  everyone without any exception is doomed, period.   "Without Christ and without hope" - i.e. no way possible with man.

Yahweh (God) provides a way to be saved,  and with NO TROUBLE STAYING ON THE SAVED WAY (IN JESUS).  (continual daily (as written in the NT) peace, joy and righteousness is sheer gift in grace with salvation to all who are truly saved (no ongoing depression, anxiety, doubts, etc) ,  along with painful persecution required, as written as Jesus Says)