Tzephanyahu

Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Shalom brothers and sisters

An important moment in a Christian's life is the baptism of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). Yet, everyone's moment seems to be different remarkably. 

I was wondering if we could all share how it happened for us. 

For me, it didn't happen after my water baptism. I searched for it for years and even after prayer from others, I felt no different.

Then, one day whilst praying, I felt a cool wave over me, not unlike breath but also not unlike liquid. It felt like it was just resting upon me gently.

From that moment, I stopped asking for the Spirit. Like it would be silly because I would be asking for something I already have. And, from that moment, I felt a spring of joy rise deep within me, still present today. Sometimes it quietly bubbles and at other times it feels like I could burst. And with it came a beautiful, untouchable shalom. 

Thank you Father! Thank you Lord! 

So, how did it happen for you? 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter obviously have been inspired by Almighty God Yahwe in heaven but He has not received the Holy Spirit yet, because Jesus told them to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you hv acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God and have been baptized with water, it doesnt necessarily means you have already received the Holy Spirit.

Example : Paul confers the gift of the Holy Spirit to the BELIEVERS of Christ after they have received water baptism.
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and THEY SPOKE IN TONGUES and prophesied.

Peter and John placed their hands to BELIEVERS WHO HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED so they may rcvd the Holy Spirit.
16 For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZE THEM THEY SPOKE IN TONGUE
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

BUT WHY DID GOD CHOOSE TO CONTROL THE TONGUE ?

James 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

HOW COULD WE SURVIVE OUR FAITH WITHOUT THE COMFORTER/ HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM ?
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

After about three months of praying and fasting then the Shepherd at church prayed for me and the Holy Spirit baptized me,  i felt a kind of  strong but unharm electric current inside my body and  when i was slaughtered in the spirit and cried at the feet of Jesus my tongue moved by itself and i can utter unknown language.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Awesome!  I was once a pianist in a local Pentacostal church.  The minister there was always full of the Spirit and his sermons and messages included prophetic utterances, tongues, healings and more.  Once, he looked directly at me in the sanctuary and asked if I had ever received the 'baptism of the Holy Spirit".  I stepped forward and shook my head "No".  He layed his hands on me, along with other members and they started praying.  I did get very weak in my knees and started shaking, but it was not a scary ordeal..it was a refreshing, a recharging 'thing".  I layed back, almost as if in slow motion and found myself layed out on the carpet, praying and crying.  My verbal prayer, to me, sounded a bit 'foreign" or different than normal, but I did not shout out loud or dance or start uttering a loud salutation. All I knew was that I was at peace and God was dealing with me, one on one and getting some things straight in my spirit.  Real peace prevailed over my mind and soon I sat up and walked back to my seat.  It was as if GOD met me within my own realm and was coaxing, hugging and comforting me alone, although I was in a crowd.  Other times, at the altar, I found myself dancing, singing, moving and swaying in rhythm to some sweet praise song.  GOD meets me and has never given me more than I can handle or take in.  Who knows, next time, I just may run all around the building as if it were on fire...all in His timing and all for His glory at that moment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Well this is how it happened to me;

I had come to the Lord and was baptized in water. However it was in a church that was more into the prosperity thing so the baptism of the spirit was not there. Some years after I started to question all that I had been taught and started to read my Bible like a legal document and apply a very literal interpretation. As my theology started to come into line with what Jesus really taught and I started to tell others what I believed, regardless of what the pastor was teaching, I found that there was answers to my prayers and the confirmation associated with the correct application of the word was starting to manifest.

Then one afternoon during prayer I was anointed as in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. It felt like oil had been poured onto my head and it ran all the way down to the souls of my feet and then started back up again. This is not something you claim by faith etc, when it happens you feel it physically and you know it has happened. There is no ambiguity. You may accept the Lord but when you get your act together correctly the Lord accepts you !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

This all would be great if it were in Scripture :happyhappy: But seeing how it is of flesh and sensual confirming of spiritual identities there must be work done within Scripture to confirm these occurrences... number one problem is the dividing out of The Unity of God

Nope doesn't fit here
Eph 4:3-5

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
KJV
and I don't see flesh joining forces with Spirit to verify God

Rom 8:13-17

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV
It really boils down to I know I am saved because of experience of my flesh or I know I am saved because The Spirit says I am through the Word of God....
For the flesh is not redeemed so why would we look for the redemption through it's testimony?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

21 hours ago, Traveler said:

You may accept the Lord but when you get your act together correctly the Lord accepts you !

Could you define/explain   "get your act together correctly"   please, so I can know if I have been accepted by the Lord. Or not.
Or have I misunderstood you in your enthusiasm?

i was in church, but in my bible studies i had been reading about getting baptized.  a few people i studied with and i were talking about it and i decided i should get dunked.  the church i went to had a short mini sermon about getting baptized in The Holy Spirit.  i didn't know there was a difference.  one of the deacons sat right infront of me and i got his attention.  he was a little dismissive.  i was not taking no for an answer.  i was not leaving there that evening without getting dunked.  i kept getting the deacons attention and even went up a row and stood by him.  i guess he finally noticed my zeal and i could see a light bulb moment come on his face.  he began showing me scriptures as the preacher talked.  living water, Holy Spirit, power, miracles, etc.  there are a whole lot of scriptures in the bible about the baptism of The Holy Spirit.  a whole lot.  i had to wait until everyone left.  there were a couple others that stayed also.  i was last.  at first they didnt want to do this because i didnt really know, but i told them i want every thing i can get from God, to be as close to Him as I could get.  there was two deacons and an older lady in this little room with me.  all three of them layed hands on me when i stood up and raised my hands up and they told me to ask God for The Holy Spirit.   at first it was just a whisper, but it was another language.   as i walked home i noticed other things too, not just tongues.  like discerning of spirits for one.  i knew that what happened that night really upset the enemy and he wanted to come after me but God was keeping me safe... i used to be involved in the occult.  God really began moving in my life after that. 

1Ti 4:14  Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

if you have not received the baptism of The Holy Spirit and you want more of God in your life consider doing it.  but make sure whoever lays hands on you is a christian and not some false wolf in sheep's clothing with unclean spirits in them.  this is not just good for the gifts of The Spirit, but it will also help you understand scriptures more as well as give you an edge at overcoming sin in your life.  there is a big difference in being spirit filled and not.  God put His Spirit in me when i got saved... its not the same thing.  its a filling of you with The Holy Spirit. 

• Loved it! 1

18 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This all would be great if it were in Scripture :happyhappy: But seeing how it is of flesh and sensual confirming of spiritual identities there must be work done within Scripture to confirm these occurrences... number one problem is the dividing out of The Unity of God

Nope doesn't fit here
Eph 4:3-5

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
KJV
and I don't see flesh joining forces with Spirit to verify God

Rom 8:13-17

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV
It really boils down to I know I am saved because of experience of my flesh or I know I am saved because The Spirit says I am through the Word of God....
For the flesh is not redeemed so why would we look for the redemption through it's testimony?

if it were in scripture?... oh but it is... 

Joh 1:33  And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Act 1:5  For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

1Ti 4:14  Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

Mat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Act 2:4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Luk 11:13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Act 19:1  And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2  He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3  And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4  Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5  When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6  And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Act 8:14  Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15  Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16  (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17  Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 11:16  Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

there are a whole lot more scriptures about this, but this should suffice as to the baptism of The Holy Spirit is in the bible.  you cant pull from Ephesians which is instruction to form Christs body on earth by uniting one people under God... the scripture you are quoting has absolutely nothing to do with the baptism of the holy spirit but more on Jew and gentile being one under Christ.  the book of Ephesians also lends itself to equip, empower, and mature His people to victory over evil in Christ.   You are using scripture out of context.  and as the scriptures above clearly say, the baptism of The Holy Spirit is very real and present in scripture and clearly distinctive between baptism of water/repentance from the baptism of The Holy Spirit/fire .   

Edited by Cletus
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:15 PM, R. Hartono said:

BUT WHY DID GOD CHOOSE TO CONTROL THE TONGUE ?

another thing to consider is at the tower of babel God confounded the peoples languages.  they could not communicate.  God restored this at Pentecost.

• Thumbs Up 1