• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, Pencil24 said:

I never have attempted reading the books of the prophets or Revelation on my own. There are so many denominations and so many different theories as to what people think of these books. What would help me understand the symbolic symbols in Revelation.

You are going to get responses from Christians of different denominational theologic eschatology (did I invent a new phrase?)

What would help is to read Revelation with the understanding that chapters 1-5 are sequential, then compare the opening seals of the scroll with the bulletined topics in chapter 6.. then that expands to portray the events in a thematic manner.

The themes echo what Daniel saw as from a great distance, while John saw from a closer distance. However, some parts that Daniel and John saw were/are magnified for more detail.

The thematic approach is evident in that the Second Coming is spoken of in different chapters (6, 16, 19). So make use of the numbered chapters and verses for reference purposes only. Do not assume that the numbered chapters imply sequence. It might help to read from a Bible that doesn't use numbers for chapter, verse at all.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, Pencil24 said:

As I child I always thought the Old Testament prophet books were to explain what is to come. What order should I read them in? Is there anything you can recommend to refer to while reading these books? I did start reading the NLT I completely understand the Bible now that I found this version. KJV and even NKJV are for advanced readers that don't need a dictionary to understand the words. I really don't feel it will mislead me it actually helps me understand.

It's a matter of personal preference as to how many or how few Bible versions you use. Go with what helps you to understand the topics, and context best.. however, keep the King James, New King James handy to compare and stay on track. The New Living paraphrased will function to get through the speed bumps in the Elizabethan English.

Be ready to use research online when you read. The books of Daniel and Revelation are heavy with Jewish idioms so familiarize yourself with them.

But don't get overwhelmed or discouraged if you don't get something.

At the risk of sounding biast, it's also highly required for the reader to be dispensational and pre-tribulational. That is the only way that any of the Biblical books of endtime events' vast puzzles will work out right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/25/2019 at 11:33 AM, Pencil24 said:

I never have attempted reading the books of the prophets or Revelation on my own. There are so many denominations and so many different theories as to what people think of these books. What would help me understand the symbolic symbols in Revelation. As I child I always thought the Old Testament prophet books were to explain what is to come. What order should I read them in? Is there anything you can recommend to refer to while reading these books? I did start reading the NLT I completely understand the Bible now that I found this version. KJV and even NKJV are for advanced readers that don't need a dictionary to understand the words. I really don't feel it will mislead me it actually helps me understand.

This is a pretribulation study of the book of Revelation. An excellent study.

1912578724_51kCOxCuJL._SX331_BO1204203200_.jpg.9bef5db6a14e6f24e219b256a933a7de.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

yes it is :thumbsup: 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

The Bible interprets itself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 2/25/2019 at 7:33 PM, Pencil24 said:

I never have attempted reading the books of the prophets or Revelation on my own. There are so many denominations and so many different theories as to what people think of these books. What would help me understand the symbolic symbols in Revelation. As I child I always thought the Old Testament prophet books were to explain what is to come. What order should I read them in? Is there anything you can recommend to refer to while reading these books? I did start reading the NLT I completely understand the Bible now that I found this version. KJV and even NKJV are for advanced readers that don't need a dictionary to understand the words. I really don't feel it will mislead me it actually helps me understand.

It is impossible to understand the New Testament Scriptures in isolation from the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament. There appears to be thousands/millions of different interpretations on the book of Revelation. The True followers of Messiah/Christ find the Original Revelation Message that was given to John.

Revelation 1:3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3 Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!

Revelation 1:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Edited by Elihoenai