IGNORED

The one taken and the one left, who shall be saved ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, The Light said:

The day of the Lord is 1000 years

At a minimum.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, The Light said:

Soooo it takes a 1000 years for the heavens to pass away with a great noise?  The text indicates that the day of the Lord in 2 Peter 3 is the day when this world is dissolved.   Fervent heat and all that.

19 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Soooo it takes a 1000 years for the heavens to pass away with a great noise?  The text indicates that the day of the Lord in 2 Peter 3 is the day when this world is dissolved.   Fervent heat and all that.

I think the day of the Lord is better understood as the time of the Lord.  It starts with the ultimate regime change when Jesus returns and destroys Satan's kingdom which begins His ruling of the nations.  It's His time of governance in contrast to the time Satan had.  A lot takes place during the day of the Lord which concludes with the verse you reference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

I think the day of the Lord is better understood as the time of the Lord.  It starts with the ultimate regime change when Jesus returns and destroys Satan's kingdom which begins His ruling of the nations.  It's His time of governance in contrast to the time Satan had.  A lot takes place during the day of the Lord which concludes with the verse you reference.

Thank you for your insight.  The context of 2 Peter seems to make it a specific day.  Whether it is a day or a thousand years why not make it a period of time from creation to the culmination of history.  The one thing that seems to remain true is that it will catch some unaware.  That day will come like a thief in the night thus the call to look for and speed its coming.

2 Peter 3:

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 4/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, The Light said:

On 5/1/2019 at 5:43 AM, Last Daze said:

At a minimum.

21 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Hi all,

Scripture tells us how long the Day of the Lord is. 

But first, let's look at what the Day of the Lord is:

Zephaniah 1:14-18

Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of trumpet and battle cry Against the fortified cities And the high corner towers

Isaiah 13:9-11
Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, Cruel, with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light. Thus I will punish the world for its evil And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.

Amos 5:18-20
Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light; As when a man flees from a lion And a bear meets him, Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall And a snake bites him. Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of light, Even gloom with no brightness in it?

Joel 1:15
Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is near, And it will come as destruction from the Almighty.

As we can see, it is a Day of Doom and Gloom, a Day of Darkness, a Day of Destruction and Desolation, a Day of Wrath, a Day of.............

Here, Scripture tells us how long the Day of the Lord is:

Isa 34:8...."For the Lord has a day of vengeance A YEAR of recompense for the cause of Zion"

Isa 61:2..." To proclaim the favorable YEAR of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God"

Isa 63:4...." For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My YEAR of redemption has come"

Knowing that the Wrath of God begins on a DAY but lasts a YEAR helps other Scriptures fall into place. For instance, Noah was in the Ark exactly one Year and 10 Days.

In the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open . . . In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry.  (Gen. 7:11, 8:14)

The coming of the Son of Man is to be like unto the days of Noah. Noah was above the earth 1 year and 10 days while the unrighteous were judged. The righteous will be above the earth 1 year and 10 days after the Rapture while the unrighteous will be judged during the Day of the Lord.

To say that The Day of the Lord is all of Daniel's 70th week, as I have heard people say, or 1/2 of the Week, or 1,000 years...... just doesn't jive with what Scripture says.

I certainly can't see it being the length of time for the Millennium. 1,000 years of doom and gloom and darkness?

53 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

I certainly can't see it being the length of time for the Millennium. 1,000 years of doom and gloom and darkness?

The judgment aspect of the day of the Lord occurs at the beginning, when Jesus leaves heaven to begin the restoration of all things.  That time of wrath is comprised of destroying Satan's kingdom and destroying the wicked from the face of the earth.  I expect that such will take place rather quickly once it begins.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

The judgment aspect of the day of the Lord occurs at the beginning, when Jesus leaves heaven to begin the restoration of all things.  That time of wrath is comprised of destroying Satan's kingdom and destroying the wicked from the face of the earth.  I expect that such will take place rather quickly once it begins.

Hey LD,

Are you saying that the Lord's judgment begins at the start of the millennium........ "occurs at the beginning"

not sure if I'm reading it right

1 hour ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey LD,

Are you saying that the Lord's judgment begins at the start of the millennium........ "occurs at the beginning"

not sure if I'm reading it right

Yeah, sorry.  I wasn't really clear on that.  The time of God's wrath begins after the sixth seal is opened.  The seven plagues are God's judgment on those who worship the man of sin.  The culmination of that time is when Jesus descends, destroys Satan's kingdom along with the wicked, and begins the millennial kingdom.  His descent begins the day of the Lord, as I see it.

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Yeah, sorry.  I wasn't really clear on that.  The time of God's wrath begins after the sixth seal is opened.  The seven plagues are God's judgment on those who worship the man of sin.  The culmination of that time is when Jesus descends, destroys Satan's kingdom along with the wicked, and begins the millennial kingdom.  His descent begins the day of the Lord, as I see it.

Cool bro....that's the way I see it in scripture too. 

If we look at Mathew 24, the "road map", because it's Jesus's own words, He answers their question "What will be the sign of your coming?"

His answer matches with the six seals of Revelation, which match the Letters to the Churches in Rev, which match the work week.... (6 days of work and then a day of rest). which match the account of Noah and the flood. ( Noah was told to enter the Ark and in 7 days the flood would come....so he entered and loaded the Ark with animals and food, for six days and on the 7th when he and his family entered, God shut the door and the rains came, on the 7th day.)

That will all take some explanation, but that is the essence of it.

So, the first 6 seals take 6 years to unfold, one a year, then the last year, the righteous in Christ both dead and alive, are Resurrected and Raptured at the start of the year (roughly), the 7 trumpets are the last year, and the bowls are......get this......during the "10 days of AWE ". Bowls poured out....rapid fire....  That really nicely matches the account of Noah.....where the Ark is "one year and ten days" above the earth. Jesus said that the end will be like the days of Noah. 

I just can't get how some still say that God would never allow the "Church" to get "beat up" during the Great Tribulation. The cry of emotion!. Please, the Churches finest hour will be during the Great Tribulation. We will let our light shine. We will preach the Gospel like never before. We will go to prison and preach there. We will stand before the courts and preach there. We will go to our deaths and preach there. This will be our greatest time of witnessing to the unsaved. We work for 6 days (six years) and then rest on the 7th day (7th year)

This is from years of getting into the "bowel"s of Scripture, but that's the way I see it. It's logical and makes the most sense. No twisting of Scripture. Pre-wrath all the way. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

6 hours ago, Last Daze said:

How interesting: John calls the start of God's wrath "the DAY of His wrath" which in truth, is just another way of saying "The Day of the Lord." IN other words, THE DAY starts at the 6th seal, before the 70th week begins.