Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@1to3 :amen:I agree. Thanks for the scriptures you posted.

God would never ask us to do anything He did not give us the power to do. He commands us in 1 Peter 1:16, "Be ye holy for I am holy." But He promises in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things though Christ who strengthens us. So God gets the glory for this is walking in the Spirit, not in the flesh.

In my first post I replied:

"I think this allegory was geared at those who take lightly the many scriptures about living holy and being prepared. We are to be reading the scriptures with pleasure and obeying them no matter what madness is going on around us (being single minded in this wicked world.) This is what the Well-Behaved Students did.

The message I read in the allegory was one of faithfulness to He who went away and admonished us to be true to His Word till He comes back. 

I was looking at it in light of the parable of Jesus about 'being ready when your Lord returns..."

The purpose of the law is twofold.

1) It is to show our need for salvation. Iow, to be saved we must realize we are sinners first. God's law convicts (convinces) us of this. Romans 7:7 says, "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid! No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."

2) But once we are saved (converted, changed, born again) we are to obey God's law. This will be the natural outflow of a Christian who loves the Lord. It is described in scripture as fruit. Matthew 7:20 says, "By their fruits you shall know them." :) We delight to do His commands. They are not grevious to us.

So God's law and God's grace work together from beginning (conversion) to completion (sanctification-which is throughout our lives until God calls us Home to Heaven.) "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Phil 1:6)

Ephes 2:8-9 is wonderful beyond words. But often verse 10 is overlooked. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works."

Obedience and holiness do not negate God's grace. They only show He is at work in our lives. "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13) He wants others to see Him through us. Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@1to3 :amen:I agree. Thanks for the scriptures you posted.

God would never ask us to do anything He did not give us the power to do. He commands us in 1 Peter 1:16, "Be ye holy for I am holy." But He promises in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things though Christ who strengthens us. So God gets the glory for this is walking in the Spirit, not in the flesh.

In my first post I replied:

"I think this allegory was geared at those who take lightly the many scriptures about living holy and being prepared. We are to be reading the scriptures with pleasure and obeying them no matter what madness is going on around us (being single minded in this wicked world.) This is what the Well-Behaved Students did.

The message I read in the allegory was one of faithfulness to He who went away and admonished us to be true to His Word till He comes back. 

I was looking at it in light of the parable of Jesus about 'being ready when your Lord returns..."

The purpose of the law is twofold.

1) It is to show our need for salvation. Iow, to be saved we must realize we are sinners first. God's law convicts (convinces) us of this. Romans 7:7 says, "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid! No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."

2) But once we are saved (converted, changed, born again) we are to obey God's law. This will be the natural outflow of a Christian who loves the Lord. It is described in scripture as fruit. Matthew 7:20 says, "By their fruits you shall know them." :) We delight to do His commands. They are not grevious to us.

So God's law and God's grace work together from beginning (conversion) to completion (sanctification-which is throughout our lives until God calls us Home to Heaven.) "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Phil 1:6)

Ephes 2:8-9 is wonderful beyond words. But often verse 10 is overlooked. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works."

Obedience and holiness do not negate God's grace. They only show He is at work in our lives. "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13) He wants others to see Him through us. Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Amen sister turtletwo  .

Also when we  ask for forgiveness, repent- turn away from our sins, and ask God to come make a home in our hearts, He circumcises our hearts with His word and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit making His home our hearts . We receive back God consciousness of right and wrong through the circumcision of our hearts through the Holy Spirit of God making His home in our heart,  from where He can convict,chastise and bring to remembrance what we should know about His word, his commandments so to grow in Him and become more and more His new creation. When we become circumcised in our hearts by the indwelling of the Holy spirit of God, His ten commandments become active and alive in us, they are what teach us and bring us to seek to be perfected in Him.

As sinners the more we fall into sin and not repent from it the more we fall asleep and loose Godly consciousnesses, we loose the Godly capacity of understanding and recognizing what is right and what is wrong. When  a sinner repents and asks God for forgiveness of their sins and ask God to come make a home in their hearts, He is faithful to His Word and does come and circumcise their heart and bring to remembrance what is right and what is wrong.

Sin that goes unrepentant can bring on other sins, and the more a person sins and lives in their sins the more they sear their consciousness and the danger in that is that a person can sin so much to the point of loosing the ability to know what is truly right from what is truly wrong.A seared consciousness without repentance will eventually bring forth the unforgivable sin of sinning against the Holy Spirit of God, where the person no longer knows right form wrong and will even unabashedly curse God or claim unbelief in God even at their dearth bed.

Gods ten commandment are still active today in the hearts of true believers by the circumcision of their hearts when they truly came to the Lord through Gods plan of Salvation of Mercy and grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:24-29

24 For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” as it is written.

Circumcision of No Avail

25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your ]written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1