• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

Okay, this is going to be my opening statement on what will ultimately be a lengthy, thorough study on what the Bible teaches on Eternal Security. As a human being, of course there will be SOME opinion involved. However...it is NOT my intention for ANYONE to focus on that part, but rather the Biblical aspect, where my personal opinion comes from. I don`t claim to be a scholar of ANY kind. I just know that the Bible wasn`t written for only a select few to comprehend [only the REALLY smart ones]. No, it`s for dummies like me too haha. I hope some of you will follow me in this study with ONE hope in mind...to REALLY understand the scriptures as they are meant. I can promise you there are probably equal amounts of scripture that people use to believe OR not believe in Eternal Security. I was once on the "other" side of what I believe to be the truth now. I was sort of like Paul, ONLY in the fact that he thought he was right when he was persecuting the Christians. He therefore stood strong for what he believed...until he had an unexpected encounter from God that straightened him out. I, too would argue my point with passion, but being immature at the time, also with frustration and even anger. I couldn`t stand the thought of someone not "getting" my point of view. Those days are gone thank the Lord. It isn`t important that people see things MY way or that I`m right for that matter. It`s not about me. I just wanted to put this out here so that you guys could see where I`m coming from and decide if you want to go on this journey with me. :emot-highfive: I hope that you will! Know this...I only want this to result in all things positive. We learn to discuss nicely. We learn that we really do need to step back and actually listen sometimes. We learn that God only has "1" truth, tho often resulting in MANY interpretations. I hope this study brings us closer together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I do NOT expect everyone to see eye to eye on this. I just ask that we have the utmost respect for God`s word AND one another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, sugarbear said:

Okay, this is going to be my opening statement on what will ultimately be a lengthy, thorough study on what the Bible teaches on Eternal Security. As a human being, of course there will be SOME opinion involved. However...it is NOT my intention for ANYONE to focus on that part, but rather the Biblical aspect, where my personal opinion comes from. I don`t claim to be a scholar of ANY kind. I just know that the Bible wasn`t written for only a select few to comprehend [only the REALLY smart ones]. No, it`s for dummies like me too haha. I hope some of you will follow me in this study with ONE hope in mind...to REALLY understand the scriptures as they are meant. I can promise you there are probably equal amounts of scripture that people use to believe OR not believe in Eternal Security. I was once on the "other" side of what I believe to be the truth now. I was sort of like Paul, ONLY in the fact that he thought he was right when he was persecuting the Christians. He therefore stood strong for what he believed...until he had an unexpected encounter from God that straightened him out. I, too would argue my point with passion, but being immature at the time, also with frustration and even anger. I couldn`t stand the thought of someone not "getting" my point of view. Those days are gone thank the Lord. It isn`t important that people see things MY way or that I`m right for that matter. It`s not about me. I just wanted to put this out here so that you guys could see where I`m coming from and decide if you want to go on this journey with me. :emot-highfive: I hope that you will! Know this...I only want this to result in all things positive. We learn to discuss nicely. We learn that we really do need to step back and actually listen sometimes. We learn that God only has "1" truth, tho often resulting in MANY interpretations. I hope this study brings us closer together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I do NOT expect everyone to see eye to eye on this. I just ask that we have the utmost respect for God`s word AND one another. 

Your post was very difficult to read.....please change the style.....thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I don't understand where this is going :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Interesting topic, sugarbear. I've been on both sides of the coin so to speak, having parents whose churches taught against eternal security. Later on, joined a church for a couple of years that did teach in favor of it. And would like to still adhere to it, however the pastor of the church I had been attending says, "I don't believe in eternal security, but I also don't believe in eternal in-security."

There's a lot of rascals in this church, so perhaps if this teaching were high on the preaching's agenda, the pastor is concerned for the wayward to take it for license. And I can see the point of his reasoning, in that respect. I also admire the admonishment of taking this topic with all due civility towards one another. Thank you for that also. So, I will hang in there for the duration. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I don't understand where this is going :noidea:

I'll be posting more all along. Hang in there. ?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

42 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Your post was very difficult to read.....please change the style.....thank you

AMEN! LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

AMEN! LOL

Thanks, I will for sure! ?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

By the way, for what it is worth, I believe in Eternal security, but not in presumption nor over-confidence. Will probably follow this thread a bit!

• Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

By the way, for what it is worth, I believe in Eternal security, but not in presumption nor over-confidence. Will probably follow this thread a bit!

Thanks, I don't believe as you will ultimately find out, that anyone has a license of any kind to freely sin. I absolutely hate sin. My desire to do good things, right things, are very strong. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Since I believed in the Gospel and it alone for my Salvation, I now have a license.......a license to rest.You get it as part of a package deal, it comes along with your heart operation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1