douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is a glorious verse. From this verse we can learn the love of God. We can learn that it is Christ Jesus who saves us unto eternal life. We can learn that our trust and faith is placed in Jesus.

This verse however, does not convey the cross.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Peter and the apostles preached faith in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and eternal life (Luke 24:47 Acts 10:43).

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Israel had to believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God for eternal life.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus told his disciples that he must be killed and that he would rise again (Matthew 16:21). Jesus told them that he would shed his blood for the new testament. The new testament was made with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31).

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Jesus suffered the death of the cross to redeem Israel from the sins they committed under the old testament. Peter preached the cross to fulfill the new testament. The death of the testator was necessary to put in force the new testament (Hebrews 9:17).

Paul preached that by the cross, salvation unto eternal life was provided freely to all by the sacrifice of Christ (Romans 3:22-24). Paul preached that Jesus died for our sins.

Paul preached the gospel Jesus revealed to him and which we are to believe:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

John 3:16 and the preaching of all twelve apostles is the foundation of Paul's gospel and our salvation:

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

We also have trusted in the name of Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

..."Awake, awake, put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean.
Shake yourself from the dust and arise; be seated, O Jerusalem; loose the bonds from your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

For thus says the Lord: “You were sold for nothing, and you shall be redeemed without money.”  For thus says the Lord God: “My people went down at the first into Egypt to sojourn there, and the Assyrian oppressed them for nothing. Now therefore what have I here,” declares the Lord, “seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? Their rulers wail,” declares the Lord, “and continually all the day my name is despised. Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore in that day they shall know that it is I who speak; here I am.”

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”

The voice of your watchmen—they lift up their voice; together they sing for joy; for eye to eye they see the return of the Lord to Zion.
Break forth together into singing, you waste places of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted his people; he has redeemed Jerusalem.
 The Lord has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Depart, depart, go out from there; touch no unclean thing; go out from the midst of her; purify yourselves, you who bear the vessels of the Lord.

For you shall not go out in haste, and you shall not go in flight, for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard. Behold, my servant shall act wisely; he shall be high and lifted up, and shall be exalted.
 As many were astonished at you— his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of the children of mankind— so shall he sprinkle many nations.

Kings shall shut their mouths because of him, for that which has not been told them they see, and that which they have not heard they understand.

Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken,smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.

By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors."...

-From Isaiah comes word of the glory and ministry  of Christ - His incarnation, youth, mild manner, His obedience, His message, His miracles, sufferings, rejection, shame, vicarious death, and His ascension. *

*Credit footnotes of Criswell Study Bible

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964

6 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Every scripture in the Bible pertaining to the teachings and life of Jesus Christ is the Gospel.

Hello

I appreciate what you said but here is the gospel for us:

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Every scripture in the Bible pertaining to the teachings and life of Jesus Christ is the Gospel.

You are exactly right!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, douge said:

Hello

I appreciate what you said but here is the gospel for us:

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

.......and don’t add to it unless you want to “ fall from Grace” and be “ severed from the Cross Of Christ”. Very dangerous place to find one’s self.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/25/2019 at 6:16 AM, douge said:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is a glorious verse. From this verse we can learn the love of God. We can learn that it is Christ Jesus who saves us unto eternal life. We can learn that our trust and faith is placed in Jesus.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Peter and the apostles preached faith in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and eternal life (Luke 24:47 Acts 10:43).

16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Israel had to believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God for eternal life.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus told his disciples that he must be killed and that he would rise again (Matthew 16:21). Jesus told them that he would shed his blood for the new testament. The new testament was made with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31).

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Jesus suffered the death of the cross to redeem Israel from the sins they committed under the old testament. Peter preached the cross to fulfill the new testament. The death of the testator was necessary to put in force the new testament (Hebrews 9:17).

Paul preached that by the cross, salvation unto eternal life was provided freely to all by the sacrifice of Christ (Romans 3:22-24). Paul preached that Jesus died for our sins.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

John 3:16 and the preaching of all twelve apostles is the foundation of Paul's gospel and our salvation:

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

Yes, it is.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/25/2019 at 6:16 AM, douge said:

The Gospel doesn't stop here. There is still Matthew 4:17 ("Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.")

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Great verse......it is not the Gospel however.....check out “ Harry Ironside Gospel” at google.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842

John 3:16 is the THEME to what the Gospel is.

But the actual Gospel is broken down to the Need for having Yeshua as your personal Lord and Savior.   It's about how He died for you, He was buried and then Resurrected as the Lion of Judah, with the keys to the Grave and Death setting the captives FREE!!

In reality, the moment you step out in faith to believe Yeshua is God, and then accept Him as a lost sinner needing Salvation, being filled with the Holy Spirit...we can go back to when Yeshua Died-Buried-Resurrected and put ourselves there.   When Yeshua resurrected, so did every Believer prior to Yeshua and after Yeshua was on Earth.  When Yeshua ascended to Heaven, so did every Believer prior to Yeshua and after Yeshua was on Earth.

Even though I am typing this Monday, April 29, 2019...technically, I am already Resurrected from the Grave and Death and in Heaven, ALL because of what Yeshua accomplished, means I have accomplished through Him!!

That is the Gospel of Christ!!

Edited by childoftheking

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842

20 hours ago, childoftheking said:

John 3:16 is the THEME to what the Gospel is.

But the actual Gospel is broken down to the Need for having Yeshua as your personal Lord and Savior.   It's about how He died for you, He was buried and then Resurrected as the Lion of Judah, with the keys to the Grave and Death setting the captives FREE!!

In reality, the moment you step out in faith to believe Yeshua is God, and then accept Him as a lost sinner needing Salvation, being filled with the Holy Spirit...we can go back to when Yeshua Died-Buried-Resurrected and put ourselves there.   When Yeshua resurrected, so did every Believer prior to Yeshua and after Yeshua was on Earth.  When Yeshua ascended to Heaven, so did every Believer prior to Yeshua and after Yeshua was on Earth.

Even though I am typing this Monday, April 29, 2019...technically, I am already Resurrected from the Grave and Death and in Heaven, ALL because of what Yeshua accomplished, means I have accomplished through Him!!

That is the Gospel of Christ!!

My favorite song explains this:

Here is the video and bottom the lyrics.   Read those lyrics, they are factual and TRUTH!!

This is Molly Skaggs, Ricky Skaggs daughter...talk about Anointed!!

Ain't No Grave
Oh, shame is a prison as cruel as a grave
Shame is a robber and he's come to take my name
Oh, love is my redeemer, lifting me up from the ground
Love is the power when my freedom song is found

Oh, shame is a prison as cruel as a grave
Shame is a robber and he's come to take my name
Oh, love is my redeemer, lifting me up from the ground
Love is the power when my freedom song is found

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

When I hear that trumpet sound
I'm gonna rise up outta the ground
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

Oh, fear is a liar with a smooth and velvet tongue
Fear is a tyrant, he's always telling me to run
Oh, love is a resurrection and love is a trumpet sound
Love is my weapon, I'm gonna take my giants down

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

And when I hear that trumpet sound
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

Oh, there was a battle, a war between death and life
And there on a tree, the Lamb of God was crucified
And He went on down to hell, He took back every key
He rose up as a lion and He set all captives free

There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down

When He heard the trumpet sound
He rose up outta the ground
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold my body down

Oh, if You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too
If You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too
Gonna sing about it, yeah
I'm gonna meet Jesus
Oh, if You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

And when I hear that trumpet sound
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

Edited by Steve_S
Removed youtube link. Please post video links in the appropriate video forum (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/144-videos/).