• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Thanks Deb!  You've said just what I've been thinking and wouldn't say for fear of being blasted or "corrected."  My experience in the church has been much like yours, with good teaching from both the pulpit and Bible classes.  Of course, we all know that the very best teaching comes straight from God when we spend quiet time with Him in study, prayer, and meditation on His Word.  

And thanks to you, too, Sonshine, for reminding us that the good works that will be rewarded are those that "proceed from faith" and are not motivated by any desire other than to do the will of our Father.  The gift of salvation is the motivating factor.  We place all our faith and hope in Him, and His grace, love, and faithfulness enable us to do what He wills. 

Wonderfully said, thank you....spoken from a heart that knows the Lord, and understands His work in us. :heart:

Yes, more untrue statements being said such as the present church is lacking faith.   One cannot say the entire, present church lacks faith!   Someone here who has never met me told me I didn't have faith!   Also, that I was "far off." These are only more examples of untrue statements being put forth on this forum, thus proving my point.

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God knows our heart which is priority so it does not matter what fellow human beings think of us. We speak the truth about God that is all we need to do. 

Yes, so true.   However, especially for the sake of new believers, some of us are speaking out against these false accusations and statements put forth by a very small group of members.

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

The pastors do not preach against doing good works. The Pharisees and scribe preachers seem righteous on the outside, but within are full of all filthiness.

Imagine what the Pharisees would say and do today, even further what the devil would teach. He is subtle and cunning, and gave excuse why to not obey God, to not take off the tree, and said you will not surely die, yet they did die.

Now, the world is predicted to be filled only with these deceiving teachers, so whether we confess it or not, they are there everywhere, and everyone who cant detect them must believe them then.

Matthew 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Peter 2:But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

So according to the good word, yes satans ministers teach directly, and cannot teach otherwise, to do no good works, apart from paying tithes and  omit the greater matters o the law of Christ, which is love to never work ill against your neighbour, but they say they need time to grow, but the Apostles in the scriptures are not that example, they are slightly better than the devils and teachers and deceivers excuses of course..

2 Thessalonians 3:6-7 Withdraw
from every disorderly brother and follow us as we behaved
not disorderly among you. We make ourselves an example unto
you to follow us.

Acts 24:16 I exercise
myself to have always a good conscience void of offence
toward God and man.

1 Thessalonians 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. 

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Debp said:

A few here mistakenly think those of us who are born again by grace through faith and accept Christ's finished work for our salvation are not walking with Jesus.   Over and over they claim we have a license to sin, and therefore are leading sinful lives.

Some even claim that we are taught by pastors not to do any works as we are relying on grace.   Of course, this is untrue.   I've been born again since the early 1970s and have never heard any pastors preaching against doing good works.   Rather we were taught to have a quiet time (prayer/Bible reading) with the Lord so we could grow spiritually.    Of course growing spiritually includes good works, but we know we are not saved or kept saved by good works.   The Holy Spirit is a definite factor in our hearts/lives as we grow spiritually (are sanctified) throughout our lives...it is not just self effort.

I hope the few with the above misunderstandings will stop continually perpetuating these untruths.    We seek to live holy lives but it is something that comes from our hearts that have been changed by the Lord when we were born again.  "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name; which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13.

Be of good cheer Debp, I believe this was what Paul was falsely accused of preaching;

Romans 3:8 (NASB)
And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some claim that we say), "Let us do evil that good may come"? Their condemnation is just.

For Paul was not preaching “let us sin that grace may  abound”

But he was preaching the “the just shall live by faith”

But there were those that didn’t understand the message that accused him of preaching “let us do evil that good may come”

So be of good cheer Debp you are in good company. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

17 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Hope is to maturity what faith is to purity.

I hope that this will clear up those misunderstandings.

We are indeed saved by hope

We are saved by God's grace.
Through
faith.
A gift.
Not earned.
No boasting.
A gift..

Remember when critiquing the church, God's called out ones.
They are His children, and belong to Him.

Heb 12; 6-8    
   For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.   If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?   But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards (illegitimate), and not sons.

Jesus died for His church.

Matthew 16:18   "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

20 hours ago, Behold said:
On 5/15/2019 at 5:58 AM, Pekoudah said:

We are indeed saved by hope....

We are not saved by "hope".   Hope is just a word in a dictionary, ...... Christ is The Living Savior, and you are saved by God through Him.

This is tiresome already...

Roma ns 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Read the bible and learn more before trying to teach  anyone...

You and your friends have been indoctrinated into a religious error that is popular in this time of false grace. But you display on top of that a lack of knowledge of the bible...which figures.

Learn the whole counsel of God...not just the few verses you have learned to support an error.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 hours ago, Sower said:

Jesus died for His church.

How much error can one thread sustain? More indoctrination.. and opinionating....look at what the bible actually says

1 John 2:2 And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

It is gross error to claim salvation for oneself and what one perceives as one's own religious group. This is to steal away God's purpose for your own.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, pinacled said:

Good morning,

The intimate group reminds me of the birds in a tree singing of the healing leaves.

Blessings Always

Another obscure, silly post crying out to be taken as “ deep”...... a tactic to hide the fact you have nothing of value to add to these discussions.....your act is more transparent than you realize —- we are not idiots here....please give it up....

• Oy Vey! 2

To all those who balk at my posting bible verses that contradict the many errors being posted here....is your opinion more valuable than the truth? Is that why you are not happy? Is it a prerequisite to hold to a dogma over clear evidence to the contrary?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Another obscure, silly post crying out to be taken as “ deep”...... a tactic to hide the fact you have nothing of value to add to these discussions.....your act is more transparent than you realize —- we are not idiots here....please give it up....

Not cool man. 

• Thanks 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

This is tiresome already...

Roma ns 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Read the bible and learn more before trying to teach  anyone...

You and your friends have been indoctrinated into a religious error that is popular in this time of false grace. But you display on top of that a lack of knowledge of the bible...which figures.

Learn the whole counsel of God...not just the few verses you have learned to support an error.

...witness the latest “ Enlightener”, how grateful we are to have someone descend to our level and take the time to straighten all of us out....let us gather at his feet as he fills us in because of our lack of knowledge concerning the Bible.....NOT!

I have see many of these Spiritual Show-Offs come and go here....they usually don’t hang around long.....give some people enough rope........

• Oy Vey! 2