IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I couldn't help but notice, that the OP of this topic hasn't shown activity on WCF since the day it was submitted. It would seem indicative, she won't be back to see comments past that date concerning her request for advice. Just my two shekels worth. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Then you already knew better.

You have no compassion at all for a woman who's been raped?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

You have no compassion at all for a woman who's been raped?

I have compassion for an innocent baby.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I have compassion for an innocent baby.

Would you then disallow abortions for women whose lives are in danger if they don't have an abortion?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Would you then disallow abortions for women whose lives are in danger if they don't have an abortion?

In danger?    Who to fear ?    

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but ...

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Jubilee Bible 2000 And fear not those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul, but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. King James 2000 Bible

Matthew 10:28 - Bible Gateway

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. LEB And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul, but instead be afraid of the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

MATTHEW 10:28 KJV "And fear not them which kill the body, but ...

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - New American Standard Version (1995) And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

In danger?    Who to fear ?    

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but ...

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Jubilee Bible 2000 And fear not those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul, but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. King James 2000 Bible

Matthew 10:28 - Bible Gateway

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. LEB And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul, but instead be afraid of the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

MATTHEW 10:28 KJV "And fear not them which kill the body, but ...

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - New American Standard Version (1995) And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You're the first person I've met who would prohibit abortions for women whose lives are in peril because of their pregnancy.

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You're the first person I've met who would prohibit abortions for women whose lives are in peril because of their pregnancy.

If you don't understand earthly things,  how then any hope to understand spiritual things?

(1) You've never met me.

(2) At least (by accident?)  you realize that God prohibits abortions. (otherwise, from my post, why do you say in your post that I would prohibit abortions ?   see ?   Whatever God prohibits,  I agree with Him.    Apparently you understand God prohibits abortions,  and you don't agree with Him.

(3) It is very likely someone you DID MEET in the past was against any abortions.  They just did not talk with you, or talk about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

If you don't understand earthly things,  how then any hope to understand spiritual things?

(1) You've never met me.

(2) At least (by accident?)  you realize that God prohibits abortions. (otherwise, from my post, why do you say in your post that I would prohibit abortions ?   see ?   Whatever God prohibits,  I agree with Him.    Apparently you understand God prohibits abortions,  and you don't agree with Him.

(3) It is very likely someone you DID MEET in the past was against any abortions.  They just did not talk with you, or talk about this.

If you want to end "abortion on demand," then you might want to allow abortions when a pregnancy threatens the life of the mother, and when the pregnancy is the result of rape.

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If you want to end "abortion on demand," then you might want to allow abortions when a pregnancy threatens the life of the mother, and when the pregnancy is the result of rape.

What I want does not matter not even the least little bit.

If what you want opposes what God wants,   then it is God you will answer to directly,  not to me nor any other human (unless you become part of any assembly of Ekklesia).

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What I want does not matter not even the least little bit.

If what you want opposes what God wants,   then it is God you will answer to directly,  not to me nor any other human (unless you become part of any assembly of Ekklesia).

Why would the Lord oppose an abortion if the pregnancy endangers the mother's life, or if the pregnancy is the result of rape?