• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

51 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I do not believe people are sinning if, for some reason, they are unable to fellowship with other Christians

Nor do I!

But, I do not think that was the question that was being asked. Nor was it the advice that some were giving. I understand that the person asking could go to church but does not as a willful decision, and is asking if it is a sin to not go when he or she could very well be going.

I do think it is the result of sins of our own that many of us ( myself included) have at one time or another made the decision  that we are better off alone, a church of one so the speak. Then I  believe many if not all that make that decision slowly  like the proverbial frog in the slowly heating kettle fail to recognize our own deteriorating plight.

I do believe that I flourished once I was led back into attendance with a local body to worship and praise God, to be submissive to the body, it's God designed organizational aspects that are challenging sometimes irritating, but always leading to further individual sanctification. I just don't think one grows sitting alone on the sidelines in the spiritual war that we all are in whether we like the fact that we are in it personally or not. There is no I want out there is going AWOL. I went AWOL for some long period of time, not only did I suffer for it my wife and children suffered from that  lacking as well.

My some twenty years ago experience led me to a local body where there was a need. I had the talent to answer the need, but I really wasn't into being a member and adhering to the responsibilities and the submission it requires. Nonetheless I did it. And was greatly blessed by God for it.

Part of my own "glorious" tasks for my Lord at His local body was to rebuild public restrooms, now there is a thrill in service to our Lord eh? I learned to be supportive as an employee to 12 deacons and 11 elders and to help numerous deaconesses and many missionaries, all while making structures as ready as possible for the church who are the saint sin Christ Jesus, not the buildings they meet at and share of prayers and needs and give service not just on a Sunday  but everyday, day  and at night too. My own talents were developed by God into a spiritual gift of helps.  I often led by following, kind of like pushing on a rope and waiting for someone to grab the other end and lead by pulling.

There is so much that is needed in the spiritual warfare we are in, being alone in it just is not wise. While being alone is not sin in of itself, sin places many of us alone that need not be.  The army has need of corporals and privates as well as commanders and generals. It has no need near as I can tell for passive sit on the sidelines observers that simply watch and quote cliffs notes on the Bible, just watching while others do the battle as a cohesive unit the church,  that each saint is called  to serve within. I learned that  one with my own errant behavior in my own call to service when I decided hey I can do just as well all by myself  there are just so many  people at the church that are not all that grand, I want nothing to do with it anymore, I  will just read the bible on my own and do what I think is right when I think it right to do it.

Christianity is not about sitting and reading by one's self, it is life itself, to be served with others also called into service by the Holy Spirit to be doing all that is to be done all to the glory of God alone, and never to one's own service nor to one's own pride and sense of personal merit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/1/2019 at 10:15 AM, Who me said:

Is it a sin to ask lots of questions in a forum yet never bother to answer any post replying to yours?

Why don't you want to meet other Christians?

I read every reply on the questions I post. But you’re right I should find the time to reply more. Thank you,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 16 June 2019 at 2:23 AM, Ryan2203 said:

I read every reply on the questions I post. But you’re right I should find the time to reply more. Thank you,

The question remains, why don't you want to meet other Christians?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Ryan2203,

After I came to Christ I use to tell myself if was okay not to go to church for years and would just read my bible, occasionally watch an Evangelist on TV. When my daughter was nine she asked me why we didn’t go to church. I didn’t have an answer for her besides a guilty conscious and the fact that I knew her dad hated churches (I didn’t go into this with her). Feeling my conscious being pricked I eventually found a local church after a major fight with my husband, that has become a major blessing to me and my daughter. Speaking from my own experience, I find surrounding myself with other believers, worshiping, singing, and hearing our Pastor teach really helps me offset the negative influence of the worldly people around us.  I feel spiritually re-energized to face the week and I really do learn from our Pastor.  Again, this is just my own experience.  My husband still has his opinions regarding the church and congregation. 

Christ promised His disciples, “Where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20).

Romans 12:5, "we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/1/2019 at 1:56 AM, Ryan2203 said:

Is it a sin if I don’t attend church? I have the ability to go to a church (it’s not very far) but I choose not too. It’s just not for me, I’d rather pray, read, and praise God on my own. If it’s a sin then I’ll happily go. 

Its not a sin, but without going to church it is much harder to have support and be sustained not going to church. We are supposed to come together with two aims, 1 is to spiritually grow, 2 is to support each other in faith. These are just 2 important things the church helps us do.