IGNORED

Should a Christian attend an Orthodox Church?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

He said you ALLOW that woman who calls herself a prophetess to teach and to seduce my people .

Where and when did God say this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi, Ryan. Okay, so could this go back to the last question you asked the folks here at WCF about if was a sin if you didn't go to church? It was the suggestion of some of us, that you would benefit attending a Christ centered, bible believing church. Myself included. Personally, I feel you'd be more confused with so many of the rituals, and other things at are taught in a Catholic church. Then you'd be back asking if it was okay to bow to statues of the saints, pray to Mary, attempt to ask favor of the saints, and if the elements of communion actually turn into the body and blood of Christ. Just saying, no intended offense to any here at Worthy who do choose to worship there. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I have a lot of respect for the Catholic Church. They hold the line on sexual morality.

Not here in Australia?

Catholic Church paid out $276m over child sexual abuse claims, royal commission hears

Updated 16 Feb 2017, 7:37pmThu 16 Feb 2017, 7:37pm

The Catholic Church has paid more than $276 million in claims to thousands of victims of child sexual abuse, the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has heard.

Close to 4,500 people made claims for alleged incidents of child sexual abuse between January 1980 and February 2015, but the earliest incidents reported to a claim were in the 1920s

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-16/catholic-church-paid-almost-300m-to-victims-survivors-rc-hears/8276104

Edited by HAZARD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think there are any perfect churches.

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name?  The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Not here in Australia?

Catholic Church paid out $276m over child sexual abuse claims, royal commission hears

Updated 16 Feb 2017, 7:37pmThu 16 Feb 2017, 7:37pm

The Catholic Church has paid more than $276 million in claims to thousands of victims of child sexual abuse, the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has heard.

Close to 4,500 people made claims for alleged incidents of child sexual abuse between January 1980 and February 2015, but the earliest incidents reported to a claim were in the 1920s

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-16/catholic-church-paid-almost-300m-to-victims-survivors-rc-hears/8276104

There are bad eggs in every church. 

11 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name?  The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

Someone wanted to know if the Catholic Church is a good place to go. I think most churches are good places to go, but there is no perfect church. It is up to us to perfect ourselves and then set good examples for others in the churches we have chosen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

11 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Someone wanted to know if the Catholic Church is a good place to go. I think most churches are good places to go, but there is no perfect church. It is up to us to perfect ourselves and then set good examples for others in the churches we have chosen.

The Catholic Church does not teach the word of God...there is so much going on in there that it's hard to know what to believe...pray for souls to go to heaven? Pray to dead people? Pray to Mary? Turn the bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Jesus? Read some scripture from the bible then totally contradict what it actually says? The Pope is called holy father? The only Holy Father we have is God Himself...Peter was not a pope he was an apostle and he was no more important than any other human being, the Pope is treated as if he is God, as if he is more important than you or me...Jesus died on the cross for the Pope too and unless he is born again he will not enter the kingdom of heaven...if you are born again you will not grow in a Catholic Church...I was a Catholic and then I gave my life to Jesus ?

• This is Worthy 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Takoda said:

Where and when did God say this?

Its all over the bible we are not to entertain or sit under false teachers .   Rome is .

So are many protestant main line churches too .

You know what I think most people no longer realize .     That as much as they were false ones at work back then ,  IT would mushroom near the end . Because it is

and I see folks more concerned with unity and fellowship With false leaders , Rather than ON CHRIST ALONE and SOUND doctrine alone .

Yall we been all set up by men of this age .   They crept in years back with a well known agenda .  ONLY because It was cloaked under a guise of christanity more and more fell for it .

So many are going to gather under the all inclusive ,  instead of at the river with JESUS .    Did you know that when His own asked him

about the signs of the end of the age , HIS FIRST ajor warning , BE NOT deceived .  WELL guess what , we in them days now and most no longer have any spiritual discernment .

THEY are led by sensual feelings of what They think and men have taught them . 

Yall , I don't sit and warn and warn and warn when folks aint listening .    But I will give this huge warning , WE better all Go back into ONLY BIBLES and read them

as though we have never read before .   Because folks , MANY are and many more will be deceived in the days ahead .   And many who even professed Christ

will go along with this deception .    I really wish more folks would help me warn .   I am glad some have , but come on folks let have more being serious

and a bit more grave .   cause we ARE in the end times ,  and deception are bad now , but will mushroom Like a bomb in the next few years .   Like a bomb .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

35 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

There are bad eggs in every church. 

By all means this is true .    But when leaders and teachers are OFF ,   the church itself is doomed .  

A broke clock is even right twice a day .     What I say to one , I say to all,   Flee any notion of entering into the chambers of Rome .

She is a snare to the soul of man and she can deliver none .    

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

By all means this is true .    But when leaders and teachers are OFF ,   the church itself is doomed .  

A broke clock is even right twice a day .     What I say to one , I say to all,   Flee any notion of entering into the chambers of Rome .

She is a snare to the soul of man and she can deliver none .    

Like I say, the Catholic Church, despite a few bad apples, holds the line on sexual morality, and I appreciate that.