IGNORED

Jesus said love one another as I have loved you...where is the love?

diane32

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, diane32 said:

We are told in the Bible to love one another as Jesus loves us...and we are told to judge with a righteous judgement... I see people doing the judgement part ok but it's the love part that I don't really see much...we get so self righteous about judging that we get lost in it and forgot to love as Jesus does...people are quick to judge but not to love...isn't that sad and hard to take...Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us? What is love? Love is...Jesus hanging on a tree saying "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ??

I hold as true; that making myself obedient to Christ in all things is the greatest gift of love I can give to anybody and everybody. For in obedience to Christ is the expression of love to all. 

For that to happen mine (anyone’s) personal relationship with Christ has to always be growing into more than it is. We are told to accept those that are weak in faith and not cast dispersions on their opinions. So when you see/hear other believers passing judgement on whatever their passing judgment on, just love them. Just keep them before God and keep feeding your one and one relationship with Christ for in that relationship is all growth and blessings. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

4 hours ago, diane32 said:

We are told in the Bible to love one another as Jesus loves us...and we are told to judge with a righteous judgement... I see people doing the judgement part ok but it's the love part that I don't really see much...we get so self righteous about judging that we get lost in it and forgot to love as Jesus does...people are quick to judge but not to love...isn't that sad and hard to take...Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us? What is love? Love is...Jesus hanging on a tree saying "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ??

I think it's part of the times we are living in (the end-time), both inside and outside of the church. I believe Rom 1:31 is not only talking about opposite attraction and no love for the unborn, but 'love' in general. In my lifetime I've seen our very own government (representatives of what the people want) turned over to a debased mind and seared conscience, and they label it; choice, rights, inclusion, victim-hood and liberalism.

Romans 1:31 (KJV) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [emphasis mine]

One day soon we may wake up one morning and discover there's another additional Federal hate crime law that was passed. Preaching or talking about the "love of God" is hate speech, hurtful, decisive, exclusive and punishable by fine and imprisonment. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

love is also Jesus confronting them with the truth and exposing their demons and hypocrisy, healing them of their sickness, opening their blind eyes, going to those who were out casts, teaching them the truth about how they have misinterpreted and applied Gods words, he also warned them about the consequences of their behavior and that generation not only saw him hang on that cross and say "Father forgive them they know not what they do". The also saw his words come true when the temple was completely destroyed in 70 ad.

After he said, Father forgive them they know what they do. He filled the disciples with his Spirt and power from on high. The disciples jumped out of the box and stared them right in the face and said to them "This Jesus that you crucified".

Love also trys to turn people from a path of destruction and way to many people are calling apathy love.

Amen...although a lot of people aren't loving like Jesus but are judging as if they are...if you know what I mean...Jesus love convicts but what we tend to do is condemn...Jesus said He came into the world not to condemn it but to save it...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, diane32 said:

Amen...although a lot of people aren't loving like Jesus but are judging as if they are...if you know what I mean...Jesus love convicts but what we tend to do is condemn...Jesus said He came into the world not to condemn it but to save it...

Amen, His love was so stong. He risked making So many of them mad enough at him to kill him,  knowing some would hear the truth about themselves and turn to him so he could save some. 

He loved them enough to let them hate him. Told them the truth anyway. He is the truth.

I think condemnation comes from self and the devil not others. We all have sinned. We can be judged at the cross and find mercy and forgiveness or we can be judged at the throne.

We have to bow that knee and say, "amen, your word is true and your judgment is just and righteous, Lord. Forgive me and save me."

If we can't stand hearing we do wrong, are doing wrong, have done wrong, we probably haven't knelt at the cross  "yet" and found mercy, just as we are.

We love because he loved us first. We have to realize how much he loves us. We are already condemned sinners before we come to the cross.We can not love lost condemned sinners with out realizing how much of our sin the Lord forgave.

He who is forgiven much sin, loves much. If we never admit we are under condemnation for our sin. We won't ever come out of the darkness into the glorious light of his love.

If we never experiance his love for us as a sinner, we really won't be able to love.

When we make that reconciliation at the cross we recieve a Spirit that city's Abba Father and we know we are children of God, Becuase the Holy Spirit testifies to it, in us. Of course men will still try to condemn us.But, we know God has not.

I think it was Paul that said in Corinthians. We receive judgment because God is disciplining us as a father disciplines his children. 

We also know from Timothy The Devil can bring young Christians given too much responsability under condemnation. 

Isn't telling a young Christian the standard the must meet is to love and forgive like the Son of God was able to, doing exactly what we are told not to do?

Arn't we told as we mature in Christ? brotherly love is some thing we add in marurity after we have added other discipline and fruit first?

Edited by Reinitin
My spelling is horrid
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sorry. I don't mean to hi-jack this thread his love is demonstrated on the cross. I'll put My thoughts in a thread. Forgive Me. "Father, forgive them they know not what they do." Is a prayer for all of us that will never go unanswered.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

28 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God."

static1.squarespace_com.jpg.54e6bf4812a2131287ca63d3cab45d24.jpg

"Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1